What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I finished up the RGT Victorian Cottage Jr. this evening and cleaned up my workspace. This one is for a friend of mine, so it doesn't have any furniture or anything as she wants to decorate it. I did make some curtains for her, but didn't put them up in case she doesn't like them. I did get a gorgeous windsock from Kellee - the colors matched perfectly. But, it seems so plain and empty without anything in it. Oh, well. I'm taking it to her tomorrow so she can put in her new granddaughter's room when she visits. She'll have fun decorating it!

I then opened up the box for the Artply Bobbie (which is an old version of the GL Haunted House) and read a set of instructions that I got off the internet. I think I'll try to get the base together tomorrow. This one is for my church, so I get to pick out the colors and decorate it with furniture etc., so I think I'll have fun with it. I think I'm going to try the sand/paint texture for the exterior.

Kirsten

You tried already? Aw come on - give it a little more time and try again. Hmmmm.... maybe I should do a tutorial sometime....

Okay - you convinced me. I'll try some cups too. But no promises. LOL

Yes i loved them so much i decided to try i had the polymer clay on my desk already i could get the main pot and lid but could not get the spout looking decent

I would love to see how you do cups when you try them

a tutorial would be great! I am very new to making stuff with polymer clay and so far the only thing i have been able to make is roses. I want to get some books on making polymer clay stuff but there are no places nearby that sell them and i wanna avoid internet buying if at all possible

I started a new needlework project - a rug from a book by Janet Granger. I decided to cross stitch this pattern to eliminate the tendency for the fabric to show through the usual needlepoint stitch. This is about 13 hours of work here...long way to go. :blink:

post-4679-1274745805_thumb.jpg

Meticulous as always! And the colors are georgeous, I can't wait to see it in place. Which house are you going to use it for?

Pam, your teapots are precious! I think a tutorial would be wonderful.

If Agnes had a baby under one arm that would have been me forty years ago...

:blink: Holly I think many of us can raise our hands and point to ourselves on that one!

... I want to get some books on making polymer clay stuff but there are no places nearby that sell them and i wanna avoid internet buying if at all possible

Do you have a good library? That's where I started, and found some great books. :blink:

Housework. Not the fun, mini kind either, this place is a mess. However, when I take breaks from that real world nonsense, I am making a bathroom sink in 1/24 and shingling. I've definitely lost my shingling mojo. I used to like it long ago, but now? Yuck! Next house I do either gets paper or that plastic stuff that comes in a sheet. The roof on the 1/24 Buttercup is taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

I am trying to wallpaper a house. I was looking in the gallery for someone's printie wallpaper but I can't find it. Can someone please give me the link? Thanks :blink:

Cat, have you seen the speed shingles that Greenleaf carries now? Each Spring Fling Kit had a sample included, and they look great! Must cut the time down incredibly - plus, I think it makes it easier as you don't have to line them up neatly. They're already lined up! :blink: There was a tut in one of the Greenleaf Gazettes showing how to use them to make beautiful designs.

Roxy, here's a site with nice dh wallpaper:

http://www.jennifersprintables.com/

Meticulous as always! And the colors are georgeous, I can't wait to see it in place. Which house are you going to use it for?

Thanks, everyone! I am saying this is for the Newport, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will end up elsewhere. I have a kit in the closet that keeps nudging me...especially since it saw the Fling kit come in after it and get finished before it. It also saw that the Newport didn't mind the break, either, but I keep telling the closet kit to mind its own business. :blink:

Roxxie, here you go:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=1667

They were in Debra's albums

Whoops! Looks like Kirsten beat me to it!

Cat, have you seen the speed shingles that Greenleaf carries now? Each Spring Fling Kit had a sample included, and they look great! Must cut the time down incredibly - plus, I think it makes it easier as you don't have to line them up neatly. They're already lined up! :jump: There was a tut in one of the Greenleaf Gazettes showing how to use them to make beautiful designs.

I am using the speed shingles and I still hate it. :o

The first half of the roof went on fine but this last bit... let's just say I am going to be crafting a large climbing rose to cover up any deficiencies in my shingling technique. It's okay if no one sees it right? :unsure::sleep_1::blink:

Cat, have you seen the speed shingles that Greenleaf carries now? Each Spring Fling Kit had a sample included, and they look great! Must cut the time down incredibly - plus, I think it makes it easier as you don't have to line them up neatly. They're already lined up! :blink: There was a tut in one of the Greenleaf Gazettes showing how to use them to make beautiful designs.

I just look at the tutorial (June 2009 Gazette) and am going to try this out! Thanks.

Kirsten

Thanks I don't know why I couldn't find that link. Guess I am just duh!

Yes I love Jennifer's printables also, Rosalind. Hers are just the right size and print out very well.

Some of them I have found on some sites do not fill a page. :blink:

Well, I'm really disgusted!!! When I started back on the minis, I took out my 4 Orchids determined to do them. First thing I find out is I can no longer sand !! Wrists, fingers won't take it. can't hold the dremel either. O.K. So I'll cover the rough stuff somehow. Marching onward, still determined, I started to make the big cupboard tree house for the BH mice, using foamboard. I can handle that..I thought. I started scoring the floor for a slate effect. I really loved doing that, but now I can't do that either!!! Rats! Rats! Rats!!! I am now more determined than ever to get these things built. Has anyone ever used wallpaper and/or material glued to the floors? I'd like to accomplish something, and I'm a bit hesitant to try skinny sticks for the floors right now, in case I can't do them either. What I need is some technique that doesn't demand too much strength from my hands. Any ideas will be most welcome. Thanks for letting me sound off, guys.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps priming or painting. Paper floors are good if you seal them first so they don't absorb the glue. Makes them easier to handle too. If you look in my Victorianna album, I used paper on the floor in the kitchen.

Yes i loved them so much i decided to try i had the polymer clay on my desk already i could get the main pot and lid but could not get the spout looking decent

I would love to see how you do cups when you try them

a tutorial would be great! I am very new to making stuff with polymer clay and so far the only thing i have been able to make is roses. I want to get some books on making polymer clay stuff but there are no places nearby that sell them and i wanna avoid internet buying if at all possible

It's that way here too, Jane - no books at all. That's another thing on my bucket list - to write one. All the tutorials I've done so far are being gathered and saved to be included. I didn't try cups yet and will probably do a tutorial on the teapots, but sorry, it won't be here..... I've learned that once I do them in magazines and other forums, I can't add them to my book. That copyright thing, you know. So the tut will have to be on my forum to get around that. If I can come up with some decent-looking cups, I'll post pictures.

I will keep looking at your website and if you do write a book i want a copy for sure as long as you dont mind sending it to canada

You got it! :blink:

thanks, Kathryn..I just love that floor!!! Do you mind telling me what kind of paper it is? Since I can't sand very much at all, do you think a patternd paper similar to yours would sort of hide the bumps in the wood? What kind of glue did you use, and did you put it on both the wood and the paper? I'm really impressed with your work. Thanks for the help. Hugs