What's everyone working on?

spring break starts on friday and at some point a sleepover is happening for Lexi to come and we are going to start a dollhouse for her

depending on her dedication we could get it mostly done...if we go with a small kit

I have an Adams and an Orchid....I will let her choose and see what happens...Pixie is doing a floor for her rooftop garden with egg cartons...

so I have to make room for them in my space and get supplies...I need some stain and some primer....and more glue...always more glue

took the staircase out of Lady Di and am decorating it before I use glue...found an awesome glue gun at Hobby Lobby...it is cordless

it has both low and high temp AND...the tip is long and tiny...perfect for use on tiny items....should have gotten it when I saw it... now I need it...

this little house is all abuzz with her ideas of fripperies....the blue suits both of us better

next on the list is to stain her porch trims and make bathroom furniture!!!

• Like 1

The Summer Kitchen/Cabana House is 98% complete. Just needs a final cleaning and touchup paint. The show is on Saturday but I have to deliver the house Friday morning. Now I have to clean the Worthington for the auction. I noticed that I never installed door knobs on 4 doors so that has to be done also. It's been exactly two months since I started on the Summer Kitchen. And every waking moment has gone into it. I've manage to neglect everything but bills and the kitchen. My suitcases are still packed from my Vero trip. Laundry is piled up, the RL house is a mess. It's going to take a few weeks to get everything back to normal, but it's been worth it. I love my Summer Kitchen/Cabana House.

• Like 1

Sable, I'm right there with you.  Every time I really get back in to the mini house, the real one falls in to shambles. I too have a still-packed suitcase in the office from our mexico trip which we returned from a week ago! Oops.  I just realized I missed your updated photos of the cabana house from a couple weeks ago.  Must go admire!

I started my first shingling today -- the porch roof. So far I have to say i think it looks great! In the end I'm really happy with the RGT shingle dye in grey -- gives a great variation in shingle colour, and the overall effect is quite beautiful.  I do have a few handfuls of shingles that are a bit under-dyed, but I'm setting those aside and will dunk them once more once my order for another package of dye arrives.  I've been dreading the shingling process, but so far it's kind of fun.  Although probably easier on the barely-sloped porch roof than it will be on the rather steep actual roof.

Sable congrats on finishing in time. RL will catch up. Hope your auction goes well.

Nutti, sounds like a lot of fun planned. Wish I could come too. Kiddo building is a fav of mine.

Roxie, your builds are always adorable. Your music school sounds like it will be no exception.

My Baba Yaga build is getting tidied up and put away so it won't be a temptation for busy fingers while I'm in the hospital and out of commission.

I wish I was working on something 'mini' this week. There is just too many other obligations going on. So my house still sits waiting patiently on the kitchen table. Basically I am finished with the house, but I've discovered that it has become more of a journey. So now I'm going to add a board and attempt some light landscaping, and I do mean light since I have no clue what I'm doing, around the house to soften it. I think I may need mini-house therapy to help call it quits on this project and move on to the next one.

... I think I may need mini-house therapy to help call it quits on this project and move on to the next one.

Silly Sue!   :hug:     Quits?  Finished?  What do those words mean?   The best therapy is to get another kit and start another house. :)

RL continues to pull me away from minis - working three home shows this month - but I really needed a break yesterday afternoon so I went out to the Craft Cottage and locked the door behind me. I was going to put on a CD with nice music, but found I preferred the silence, with the slight swoosh of the breeze in the big cedar trees.  My next step with the Appleby Cottage is going to require a lot of time, so I can't get started yet, but I did start measuring and planning for the stairway.

• Like 2

Yes, I have caught the bug! :clap:   I never thought I would love any hobby as much as reading, but this one has grabbed on. I don't even look at garbage the same way LOL! And really this forum of new buddies in crime is such a pleasure.

• Like 1

Wow! Everyone has been so busy while I was away on vacation!  :)

Florida was great- loved visiting my parents and my son and daughter-in-law.  Had a great time with them in Disney World....now it's back to the real world.  ugh.

STILL painting porch posts and railings. I was able to salvage most of the porch trim, thanks to wood glue and clamps.  :)  Only one piece was missing, so I used the intact piece to trace & cut out a new one.

The weather yesterday was amazingly warm so I finished staining/varnishing the last bits of flooring that didn't get taken with me to Florida.

Looking forward to a nice weekend of working on getting the last of the light fixtures installed, floors installed and maybe even all of the baseboards!  (Dear hubby, please note: I am NOT doing any housecleaning this Saturday! The dollhouse has priority!  LOL)

• Like 2

when we went to the miniature show I got a half scale desk and chair kit and was inspired to finish my half scale..Diana I started almost 2 yrs ago...
it went from pink to blue with a stone base....which made us both happy and now all the other things are just falling into place...today I built bathroom and bedroom kits along with a wee lil house that came in the mail....I didnt know when I ordered it that it would fit perfectly into the half scale house....

productive day!

• Like 1

I crafted last night!! Not minis yet, everything is still packed away. I sure can't wait for the renovations downstairs to be done so I can unpack everything. Anyhow, I painted some blocks for the grandbaby with his birth stats on it. I had to to buy paint and sandpaper, because all my stuff is somewhere. It sure was nice to paint again though!!

Minis are only being exhaustively planned, LOL. No, very productive yesterday: finally a break in the cold meant it was mild enough for me to work in my garage workspace. It's the stained glass corner of the garage, which also happens to be where my dad keeps his tools...Sat at my glass grinder and ground the edges for 2 small panels that I should be able to solder together this weekend...woo hoo! I'm sort of in an Asian-inspired mood. I have one panel that should be about 15" x 12" of an abstract lotus blossom silhouetted against a dawn sky when finished. And the other will be about 18" x 14" and shows a sort of hanging rose blossom against the morning sun with an abstract water background. I'm glad that it's finally full steam ahead for these commissions!

STILL painting porch posts and railings. I was able to salvage most of the porch trim, thanks to wood glue and clamps.  :)  Only one piece was missing, so I used the intact piece to trace & cut out a new one.

So glad you were able to salvage that unique trim.  Look forward to seeing the porch all reassembled! 

Glorious today.  I fought a bit with the trunk, finished spackling the edge of the porch and reglued the back end of the foundation and began the pattern for bricking the porch side of the foundation.  I have started on the stove and have the gluing jig full of subassemblies.  I ran across a clean, empty sardine tin, but I think it's too big for the kitchen sink; oh, but I DO like it!

Today was supposed to be a mini-ing day, but my in-laws called to say that they were coming over to help do the (partial) kitchen remodel we've been talking about for several years. That means this morning and early afternoon was spent unloading everything from half the cabinets and everything from the kitchen closet. I did get some time to paint trim on my Orchid and cut out windows while the guys were demo-ing the full-size kitchen. The Orchid door is finally glued and clamped. Not as much as I had hoped for, but it's something, AND I'm finally rid of the space- and light-eating peninsula in my kitchen!

• Like 1