What's everyone working on?

Hope you are feeling better, Kelly. I just met another miniaturist in our area - she lives in Belfair. :)

I finally had some quality mini-time this last week and have made a lot of progress on the Appleby Cottage. More pix in my gallery. I get to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow   :happydance:   (It's 70 miles away so I don't get there very often)

• Like 1

all my lovely progress on the Lady Di has abruptly come to a halt....I have pulled a nutti and put the acetate for the windows some where SAFE!

my niche is clean and tidy again but still havent found my windows.....so since it is so close to my leaving for Missouri for the wedding I wnet ahead and gathered my mess and put in a box with the house on top...it will wait til I get home again.

I went and got the shadow box for the gift and have gone back to working on it....found the Q I want to use and a small charm that says  Fairy Tales do come true

now to print out the photos again and start my cutting....since I have a proto type it shouldnt take long to get it ready for the box....I stained the box this afternoon and it is drying.

I also found some ribbon for the stairs of the Diana.....good shopping for me

loving the Appleby Cottage photos

:gleam:

• Like 2

It's been a bad Fibro flare-up week so I haven't gotten a lot done, but I am happy with what progress I have made! 

As you may have seen from the gallery pics, I've added the additional supports to the back of the porch base and painted the end panel to match the front.  Last nite I added two supports to the house base where the back panel for the front stairs was previously just flappin' in the wind.  Now the porch and stairs will have a solid foundation.  yay!

Still gotta finish up some painting of the windows before we finish the porch assembly.  Hubby should be able to give me a few minutes of his time on Friday so that he can use the power drill to screw the porch to the house body....and then the fun task of finishing the porch can begin!  :D

As for the interior....waiting for some lighting fixture adapters to arrive in the mail before I can finish up.  You know how it goes: I can't do 'D' yet because I have to do 'C' first, and I can't do that because I am waiting on parts to finish A and B!    blargh.

• Like 3

oh JOY...so glad I am not the only one who suffers from that particular ailment!

You know how it goes: I can't do 'D' yet because I have to do 'C' first, and I can't do that because I am waiting on parts to finish A and B!    blargh.

or because you put something up till later and when later comes the somewhere safe you put it is safely outa your mind....lol

Lady Di is all packed up to worktable #2....until I get back....I got some ribbon for the stairs and Im itching to finish the bed so I may do those kinds of things while waiting for things to dry on the  wedding gift.

the shadow box is stained and dry today but it is also an inch deeper than the prototype so I am printing out even more photos to make more layers

and I found a gold ink pen to use along the edges of the curtains....

and since I have now decided I am UNhappy with my draping I am working on an alternative in case I dont make it to Deb's before I leave for some much needed instructions....I am no textile artist and my use of fabric has been kid clothes and twirling costumes....I use bits of lace for curtains to avoid the whole thing

LOL...

Mini on my friends Mini on! :cheer:

It's been a bad Fibro flare-up week so I haven't gotten a lot done, but I am happy with what progress I have made! 

I'm sorry about the fibro flare. I'm coming out of a several week flare too. Finally caved and asked for a handicapped tag which my doc signed for without an appointment. Had to let a lot of things slide in that time.

I've been slowly working on the Orchid and the swap items for Nebraska State Day in September. I finally have the exterior windows on, but need to add the strips for the board-and-batten look. Trying to decide if I want to try using cardboard circles punched from cardstock or textured paper as shingles on the gables. I did get the brackets and boards glued onto the interior window trim for the curtain brackets/shelves. It's going to be cute, thankfully!

I finished the front of the longjohns that include the upper back.  Now they're on hold because I got a really cute top at a thrift store stop today that cried out to me to embellish it with embroidery; so I grabbed my bag of brown flosses and a crewel need and small hoop and I'm off & running!  I think I have late-onset ADD/ ADHD!

• Like 1

Today, for the first time in almost 2 years, I started working on a house.  My almost 7 year-old daughter has been pestering me about fixing her MacKenzie House, so I started sanding boards for the replacement flooring.  I'll be sanding for at least a few more days before tackling the rest of the replacement foundation.

• Like 2

One thing for sure, folks with ADD start outstanding volumes of projects.

It would surely be nice if we could begin to complete just a few of them so we can justify our needs for more supplies.

Seriously, I could open a craft supply store with just the things around my place!!

Love the little knitting bag, btw, Mindy.

Can't wait to see your floating rose project finished, Nutti.

Congrats on getting your daughter infected with the mini bug, Jeremy. That's fabulous!!

... While pressing my silk and cotton batiste pieces I discovered my steam iron is beginning to sputter instead of steaming nicely; then I remembered how long ago I bought that iron (to replace the one I got when we got married) and I don't feel quite so bad.  I can always move it out to the shop to use on veneer.

Sometimes all it needs is a descaling inside to stop the sputtering and spitting. Fill up the steam unit with some white vinegar, Turn it on and let it steam out. You might have to do it a couple times but between the soaking and steaming process it should  come out fabulous.

Hope you are feeling better, Kelly. I just met another miniaturist in our area - she lives in Belfair. :)

Thanks - it's only 3 months more! Yay!

Hey, tell your friend to get in touch with me and Lisa! And you should too - we need someone else to share the craziness!

• Like 1

I'm sorry about the fibro flare. I'm coming out of a several week flare too. Finally caved and asked for a handicapped tag which my doc signed for without an appointment. Had to let a lot of things slide in that time.

I've been slowly working on the Orchid and the swap items for Nebraska State Day in September. I finally have the exterior windows on, but need to add the strips for the board-and-batten look. Trying to decide if I want to try using cardboard circles punched from cardstock or textured paper as shingles on the gables. I did get the brackets and boards glued onto the interior window trim for the curtain brackets/shelves. It's going to be cute, thankfully!

MJ- I finally gave in and got my tag about 2/3 years ago, along with a cane.  Probably one of my lowest points.  :/   BUT, I have since improved thanks to a wonderful massage therapist!  So now I just use either only when I have a bad flare or the back goes...again. 

• Like 1

I graphed a cradle pattern and put one of the straps on the trunk and glued a few more "bricks" onto the foundation.  I started the back legs & back of the longjohns; halfway up the legs I discovered a dropped stitch I couldn't find, so frogged the whole mess and started over.  Candlewicking yarn is nice to knit with, but with the weensy needles makes seeing the stitches interesting, even with the loupe. 

• Like 1

I finished my Storybook Cottage! Viola's Music School for Girls! Photos are now in the gallery. Please take a peek and let me know what you think! Thanks for looking :)

It's just lovely! How did you do the stone treatment?

• Like 1

I had been SO excited - doing the little happy dance over how my Ellwanger entrance hall is taking shape!  The coach lights and hall ceiling light are working, so the wallpaper went in, along with the partition for the French doors.  I happily fiddled with the wainscot panels, glued in the awesome parquet floor....and then went to dry fit the French door.   Now I had fiddled with and measured and fiddled and measured for this thing - and dangit: Murphy's Law of Mini's strikes again!  the dang opening is a quarter inch too short!  Grrrr... I managed to remove the ceiling trim and knock out the wall without damaging everything else, but decided that it was too late and I was too miffed to try and fix it immediately.  It'll wait until tomorrow.  :pullhair:

• Like 1

Jackie, I am SO looking forward to seeing the finished product' it will be well worth the wait!

Me too, Holly. Me too.  LOL

The back is on the fritz again, so I don't feel well enough to spend the time in my craft room like I need to be....I really wanted to have this thing finished by now!

On a good note: a finally got my shipment of scone adapters in, so now I can finally finish the rest of the lights and get things on the way to DONE!  :D

havent been doing much mini wise...wrapping up unfinished projects for this weekend....although I did order the Italianate Villa 1/144th scale from Miniatures .com

I look forward to starting that when I get back home from my trip back to Mo

although I do hope to have better wallpaper options than I have now...

I have never learned the resizing thing...

the photos in the gallery are as inspiring as ever thanks so much for the eyecandy!

mini on! :hippi:  

because I am me I had for gotten in previous post that I have 1 more project to work on....sigh

and today I made real good progress I only started out with 5 photos...I wanted 6....its just enough I hope IF I dont do a NUTTI! :doh:

I do not think Deb and I will get together and I really now dislike my draping...the fabric is fine...Im sure it is me..... :pullhair:

NEXT.... I am going on to another option...and I am leaving Belle and the Beast in the project.

I am so not artistic and OOOOOOO how I wish this was a kit for me to build and embellish.... but I think Im good to proceed and I really do like how its looking

well in my head...right now all the cut out pieces are on my work table awaiting the next step...I cut the drapes out and found a gold pen...where you ask? the Dollar Tree...wasnt even looking cuz had looked everywhere else...but there was silver and gold pens in a pack in craft section...WHAT!!!  I woulda paid 5$ for the gold if I had found it Hobby Lobby!

..so I have edged the drapes in gold...tomorrow is another fun day of cutting...but this time it is foamcore...sigh...but I took some hints from here and so far am getting much cleaner results....  :thankyou:

• Like 1