What's everyone working on?

I finally got some mini-time and feel a sense of great accomplishment! I got the stairwell and the doorway extension cut in the Appleby Cottage. It was a lot of work and I couldn't have done it without my SoniCrafter!  So the house is now cleaned up and ready for some pretty stuff. :)

just got back from being out on the road with DH.....today I cooked and did laundry and relaxed in my chair with my feet up....nothing like riding

confined to a small space for 7 days to appreciate your fav chair....lol...

tomorrow I am back to the Lady Di...before leaving I had finished the 1/2 scale greenleaf bubbly bathroom and stained and painted white the pieces

I have been tracking down printies in the 1/2 scale for some extra special touches,,,went through all my bottles and beads looking for and setting aside perfumes

and other pretties for the shelves and desk....Ive been taking photos but the whole putting them in paint to size them for the gallery is time consuming and I havent

gotten to it yet...I found several leftover bits of lace used for 1/12th scale projects for curtains....

glad to be home and ready to get some glue on my fingers!

• Like 1

the dormer is on with glue...so satisfied until I realized I had not addressed the ceilings of the first floor...sigh...it is now also taken care of

as I near the end of the build its time to do all those tiny details like painting all the window inserts...deciding what color to use for the shutters...still dont know

spackling the tabs and getting creative with the one bay roof I have on...completed the stone base now to paint it so it actually looks stone(ish) all of the outside trim is now stained and drying....have to cut the window glass next....soooo close :cheer:

I have a nice piece of Styrofoam for the base and some out door furniture to use also...Dean has promised me a plexi-box when it is complete...

still looking for 1/2 scale printies for the desk....I found a couple of things and the desk isnt so big so it may be enough.

Earnies 40% off highest item is coming up....do you know what you are getting....I am getting another 1/144th scale house...Im so addicted to those things!! :dunno:

Cheryl, Ernie is Hobby Builders' Supply, aka http://www.miniatures.com

The stove is finished and Julie's pot & pan look right at home there.  I had forgotten how many of those mini Barbies I had, I have enough to make my farm family for Washington, so yesterday I traced off patterns for their clothes and today I hall get started on cutting and sewing doll clothes.  Catriona Hall's The Miniature Costumier includes patterns for shoes, which is handy, as the Barbies only have one pair of ladies' high heeled shoes amongst them and Farmer John needs work shoes.

Nutti,

I think I missed something what is Ernie? I see 40% off I gotta check that out.

Usually on every April fool's day they offer the 40% sale. Years ago it was 50% off.

Just placed an order with a "local" shop, local as situated in Sweden, where I will be teying out a few LED lights for the lighthouse cellar. Will be interesting to see how they will,work.

Had a 10% diacount to apply for this so that was nice as well ;)

Hugs

• Like 1

I lucked into a pile of candlewicking yarn in lots of different colors, including two of  wonderfully bright red, at a thrift store.  I'm using the pattern in Linda Spratley's book Mini Knits for the 1/12 scale Dolls' House, for the gentleman's combinations.  The camera I started taking pictures of the Washington build has disappeared, but I'm going to ask DS#2 to take some pictures of all its goodies for me next time he's here, and load them into the 'puter for me so I can load them here.  If the combinations are done and on Farmer John be then, I'll show them.

Holly I look forward to those photos!!

GoodWill was my friend today I got several grab bags of small print material scraps! dont think any of it will go in the Lady Di but there was some nice Christmas

pieces all coordinating...perk! and fusible interfacing...some miniature ponies for Pixie still in their stable nice extra for her castle

and Wal-marts had the coveted glue gun for $3 cheaper and I love it! used it on the stair case but I am not loving what I started...not the glue guns fault! all mine

I have got to get to the fabric store for ribbon for the stair case...the doors to this house are clear and you will be able to see through so there has to be some "POP"   what I thought would do it....dribbled....outa there....next...

I dipped again into my stash of trims this time it will be gold ceiling border....if I had 1/2 scale wood trims I would use them but ribbon and lace keep creeping into this little house with very pleasurable results....

lets talk about the bay roof....yanno I was slappin the spackle into the holes with craft stick...ooopsies big glob so I just went with it and started icing and making lil ridges and it is sooooooo...well it makes me happy but not exactly what I had planed for the roof....should we be thinking CAKE? it has textured outer walls already.... :hmm:  :hmm:

this little house called out to be shabby chic , cheerful and cute and its been quite the challenge as I do love the dark and dreary, and not so cute...lol....

it reminds me alot of my Arthur and I think Im going to paint it pink again....just a lighter shade....I love blue but right now every  house on display is BLUE

maybe I should go yellow??? :headhurts:  :construction:

I am happy to report that I've had some mini-time these last few days. Actually had one weekend off this month. :)  Bought paint today and started painting the Appleby Cottage. Also added a wood floor on the ground level. Started measuring templates for wallpaper, but realized I'd better paint first, so I don't slop into the paper. Pictures later - heading back out to the Craft Cottage now to keep painting. Supper is over, Mother went to bed, DH is heading to bed, and it's only 10:00 pm, so I should be able to get 2 or 3 hours of work in tonight. Have to get back to RL responsibilities tomorrow. :(   Pictures in a day or two.

• Like 3

it is yellow and somehow calling it the Lady Di seems off ...lol....

I also did another round of stain on the front bricka/brack so it is much darker and I really like it ALOT and now 

I am led back to my original roof...the octagon and hexagon quick shingles I purchased for this house. stained different colors of course

sigh...did I hear someone ask how much planning....as you can see....as I go...I really did want a pink and green shabby chic cottage to cover in flowers and lace...

WHERE did that plan go!?! :dunno:  :sad?:  :whistle:

...I really did want a pink and green shabby chic cottage to cover in flowers and lace...

WHERE did that plan go!?! :dunno:  :sad?:  :whistle:

Obviously, right where the house wanted to be in the first place...

• Like 2

Speaking of houses that have a mind of their own - my little Appleby is getting quite bossy!  And I love it! :)

Started the painting yesterday, and she let me know she would be prefer a red roof!  So that's what she got! I matched the white almost perfectly - so close it's hard to tell what part was repainted. Everything needs a second coat now, but not sure if I can get to it tonight or not. Painted all the tedious little spindles for the stairway. It's nice to see some actual progress being made, not just cleaning up!

• Like 2

I've been sicker than a dog (sort of still am) and busy as all get out, sort of, but there has been some progress made on my big house. The gable I tried to raise finally came off and a tower went on in its place. I wasn't going to do it, but I stuck the tower roof on and both Lisa and I said, Hmmm, it looks good. So it stayed. The nice thing it did was shorten up that long cavernous hall.

The next thing I did was take off the bay window. It had been overhanging the porch on the 2nd floor hallway, but now it's pulled back in and I think it looks much better (Lisa doesn't agree with me).

Anyone remember my hysteria about making the kitchen into a pantry? Well, I kept going round and round, thinking about making the sunroom into a dining room, the dining room into a kitchen, the kitchen into a pantry, and finally I decided what I really wanted was 4 rooms: a pantry, a kitchen, a dining room, and a sunroom. But I only had 3 rooms to work with. So what else? I am now adding a large pantry between the kitchen and the mudroom, while enlarging the mudroom at the same time. That's the plan, anyway. With the tower room and if you count halls and the upstairs porch, the house will now have 21 rooms, 9 of them on the first floor, and will measure a good 6ft long.

It still doesn't have a name, but I'm seriously considering calling it the Winchester Mystery House. Either that or 21 Rooms and Counting.....(take that, Michelle!)

I got the patio 'stones' glued on and sealed (drink carrier). I made the pattern for the grass sheet to be applied to the board. I bought the grass in a roll from HL in the model section. I hope it will look ok. I made a picture for the bedroom. I'm basically finished with this project but I keep thinking of one more little thing to do. By this weekend I am DONE even if I have to tie my hands. This is only a little Primrose Bash but I used it to try new things. I started in October and have very limited time to work on it. I do love this house; will definitely build another one.

The day began gray and icky again, so I got out the patterns I traced for Farmer John and his family and the fabrics I brought in from my stash and after I ironed all the wrinkles out of the silk pieces I pinned and cut.  DH then decided I needed to unpack the box of yarns, etc, he'd found in the garage, and move them into my inside craft room (aka guest room, those of you who might be staying with us on your travels); so that kept me amused for  few hours; but I refilled the huge moving box with all sorts of yarn and crochet thread Ill never live long enough to use and refilled the boxes with just those yarns and threads I hope to use up if I live another thirty or forty years; I also discovered some flosses I didn't remember.  I didn't get that far on the long johns as a consequence, but I have gotten the front done as far as starting to shape the neckline.  Unlike a previous pattern (in Venus Dodge's needlework book), this one is just the front legs and the front and back to the back flap (no shoulder seams or shaping); the back legs and back flap are knit separately, like the sleeves, and sewn together.  While pressing my silk and cotton batiste pieces I discovered my steam iron is beginning to sputter instead of steaming nicely; then I remembered how long ago I bought that iron (to replace the one I got when we got married) and I don't feel quite so bad.  I can always move it out to the shop to use on veneer.

Got the box of mini-goodies in today's mail and have one of the LED lamps out of its packing and it is just perfect. Need to get pics of it tomorrow. It gives a very good and strong light, so just the lantern is enough to light up the cella area perfectly.

Happy dance!

Hugs

• Like 1