What's everyone working on?

You all know how I jump from one project to another, not quite finishing them(A.D.D., I guess..lol) But I finally finished my 1/2"

scale Buttercup and will finish the Arthur today, both are going in my village. Still have three to go, can't decide the base so I decided

to finish the houses first.( oh, by finished i mean inside and out, not decorated) Keep you posted.

:bear:

• Like 2

since I completed the Gingerbread mansion... I decided I would check out the kits I picked up yesterday...

and have put together the half scale wring desk which is cute! but I may be to small for the Lady Di....sigh...

but the desk and chair are wonderful with detail...

I dont know what I will do next

• Like 1

We had to run errands this AM, but came home well before lunch, time enough that I got the rest of the dining chair sides cut out and everything sanded and all the pies are stained and drying.  I also touched up the table pieces.  I have some stuff to try for the table leaves hinges and then I can finish gluing the table together.  A side table, a small bookcase and a sewing stand of some sort and I shall be ready to move on to the kitchen.  I think making furniture is almost as much fun as making dolls and building the houses!

• Like 1

I think making furniture is almost as much fun as making dolls and building the houses!

I have to agree. I can't wait to get back to NOLA to finish my dining room set. (We're heading back tomorrow morning.)  :)

I put the handles on the side cabinets, a little larger than I would have hoped. Completed another quarter of the stone on the fireplace. Made the shower and dressing room curtains. Received the patio table and chairs today from HBS; played and decorated them for an outdoor BBQ. Made yoga mats from a mouse pad. Tomorrow, install new lights and finish the roof tiles. Only 10 more days....Eek!

I have been working on my IRL house for the last couple of months. Boo hiss. We are almost done, and I can't wait to get started on my Dura Craft Madison. I have been collecting some of the REAC modern chairs to furnish it, and I ordered a punch needle tool so I can make some modern rugs. Soon!

I started stitching the last dining chair seat this AM.  It wasn't raining so we grabbed the gift for youngest granddaughter's First Communion this Sunday and put it in the mail, paid a utility bill and rode bike & trike all over the bike trails in Robertsdale.  We also hit the nearest thrift store and I found a gorgeous antique bisque doll; she reminded me of my mother, so I've named her Priscilla.

• Like 1

I'm working on a small project - a cutaway box depicting the Agility Events for dogs. I'm showing my miniature hobby at our BPW (Business and Professional Women) meeting next week and our president has a couple dogs that she trains and shows at these events. I went to one with her last year and it is really interesting to see how these dogs perform. But she asked me if I had ever made something in miniature for this, and I said no, but I would see what I could do. So I bought some O-gauge figures of dogs and people and am working up a scene for them. It's an interesting challenge. I'll post pictures when I finish. 

• Like 1

One of the highlights we discovered living as close to Pensacola as we do is the dog agility trials are held in the local equestrian center on US90[ of course, they aren't ever advertised, so we try to notice what's on the equestrian center's notice board whenever we go into Pensacola along US90.

• Like 1

puttering....I wanted to try out making furniture out of cereal/drygoods boxes. so I took a pattern off the kit I got this weekend for the stairstep potting bench

and cut it out of 2 thickness and glued it together...the steps could have been 3 thickness or large tongue depressors...

Ive painted it purple and giving to Pixie for her castle... now I did not duplicate the little cut out...it is a basic 3 step design nothing fancy..

I feel more confident in making some smaller items from the cardboard we seem to have so much of.

Pixie and Lexie should be able to handle such a project for themselves I also thought about cutting circles out of one of the shelves for the pots to sit in

I am loose ends I have a few things I could work on but nothing is calling me but the gift...I havent been working on it in hopes that a visit before I leave with Deb for some tips so that I can be HAPPY....right now they way it is and how I will continue without hints and such is merely satisfying....

The Chantilly sits waiting...several points of unsatisfaction...lol....and Im real sure the delicate pink Lady Di is going blue....I think I can finish her if I just go with the colors I like...of course the inside will stay the same...I am HAPPY with the inside...and all the furniture is made for it...guess I will get her Ladyship down later and proceed! :sleazy:

As I posted elsewhere I've been working on various stages of the dining chairs today; one of them acted contrary and is back in the gluing jig.  I finished stitching the seat covers and have begun gluing them to the templates.  Now I'm ready to get back to stitching the Anatolian rug.

• Like 1

The shopping Pixie did at the miniature show was garden oriented....so after I made the steps I made her a table to go with the 2 gold chairs I gave her from my stash...spring break is coming up and we are going to make flooring for the garden...there are times when what we are doing sparks her imagination and excitement

she was really happy with how full the Castle is getting after her shopping...

Well, I wouldn't call it work, more like play. Yesterday I pulled out all my mini inventory to sort and organize. I don't have a huge amount but most have been purchased in lots so everything was all mixed up,  For fun, I took one chair from each of my sets, along with the oddball chairs and set them up all together for fun. They were really lovely to look at, and somehow this hobby relaxes my mind. It was a good day.

• Like 2

Well, I wouldn't call it work, more like play. Yesterday I pulled out all my mini inventory to sort and organize. I don't have a huge amount but most have been purchased in lots so everything was all mixed up,  For fun, I took one chair from each of my sets, along with the oddball chairs and set them up all together for fun. They were really lovely to look at, and somehow this hobby relaxes my mind. It was a good day.

Hi Sue,

I must say, you have quite a nice collection of chairs.

• Like 1

Lady Diana is back on my work table she is a pleasing shade of baby blue now.

her beautiful bricka brack is going to be stained...maybe even 2 colors...turns out I already have enough trims in my stash to start

and oooooooo we are soooo HAPPY! :punk:

I got out all my furniture and kits and found the desk kit I bought at the show will work perfectly....it is coming together very quickly now.

think shabby chic/wedding type decor inside and out....cant wait to take her shopping with me... ;)

• Like 1

I made curtains, cut a scrap piece of kit wood to put on the back for the open foundation. I painted a piece of sandpaper to cut for bricks. Selected all the furniture and accessories that will go in the house. Made a cushion and pillows for the settee. I used e6000 fabric glue for the first time. When it dried it left marks (still looks wet but isn't) on my fabric but it is on the underside although it annoys me because I know it's there. I primed a small piece of plywood to use as a house base and outlined the house placement.

• Like 2

I installed my first working electric lights in my dollhouse! I'd realized if I wanted a light on the porch I needed to install that before putting on the porch roof, so I picked up electrical supplies and a porch light from my local dollhouse store on Saturday and got everything installed yesterday evening.  I'm using round wire, so it's easy to do this bit by bit as I go.  I put in a hanging porch light, and little carriage light things beside the two exterior doors.  I'm finding the process very simple and fun! Now I just need to pick up some more light fixtures, and I think also some shrink tube stuff, as my tape-wrapped joints are tough to thread through the holes in my floors.   

I recall that some of you have repainted the bright shiny gold on light fixture bases to a chrome, copper or black. Can anyone remind me how that's done?

Wiring is on pause until I can get some more light fixtures, so tonight was shingle-dying night! I've been putting this off for a while and initially wondered why, as the dying process seemed so easy and quick. I had a little system humming along with an old feta container and a cut-in-half 2 litre pop bottle in the laundry sink...and then I started running out of dye and trying to painstakingly soak little bits of excess off my drying pile of shingles to paint on to undyed shingles.  In the end, I'm left with probably about 100 undyed shingles (out of supposedly 1950).  I'm just going to have to order another packet of the dye. sigh. In any case, at least I got the process underway! Curious to see what they'll look like when dry. I'm using the RGT grey shingle dye, and went with a relatively dark level of dilution.  Right now they look like black-mottled cedar, but they're still super wet, so we'll see. I've also been warned that these water-based dyes warp the shingles like crazy, but I'm not really seeing that yet?

I've been working slowly on my music school ( Storybook Cottage).  I am about to start on the roof I think.  Its never been my favorite part of building.  I wish the roofing elves would show up in the night and do it for me! :p
I like working on the interior much more.  I think that the teacher is going to live upstairs.