What's everyone working on?

I  have paused in the rug stitching to make a set of bargello seats for the Regency dining chairs.

I know you have mentioned "bargello" earlier and had to look it up and it was such a vivid pattern, totally in love now! What colours are you using?

Hugs

Got the porch base painted on my Ellwanger/North Park.  I was considering changing the blue accent color theme on the house, but then decided that the client would probably prefer that the house look as original as possible....so I found a nice modern blue in my stash: Benjamin Moore "Blue Nose".   Love it!  I might even take a bold move and change the front door from cream to blue!  :)

Tonite I start to work on beefing up the porch roof:  the ceiling part is a bit warped, I think....so I need to determine if I need to repair or replace. The gingerbread is also in need of repair -and some support bracing!  The wood is very thin and flexible, so I think I'm gonna put a piece of strip wood behind it to give it some more strength and stability. 

I don't have the porch posts yet, so I will have to do what I can until then. As for the railings- there are only 2 left in tact, so looks like I will have to dig in my stash and find parts to build the rest.

I know you have mentioned "bargello" earlier and had to look it up and it was such a vivid pattern, totally in love now! What colours are you using?

Hugs

I'm doing a shaded crescent pattern similar to this:  http://bargelloneedlepoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/day-31-bargello-challenge-design.jpg  Instead of greens I'm working from off-white through pale pink, rose, red, dark red and a very dark brown at center. 

The farmhouse parlor is a deep red on the lower walls with a matching color print on off-white paper on the upper walls, and the armchairs re upholstered in an old polyester necktie in the dark red and off white palette.

After the cardio visit for the pacemaker check (I expressed very strong opinions about the wait for battery replacement) and breakfast we ran errands and finally found my long Allen wrenches, so hopefully tomorrow I can get the blade changed in my scrollsaw.

Looks divine and something I woild loveto incorporated in on a build someday. Am going to show the inspirational pics to mum as she is the embroider in the family...

Good thing you did find the needed wrenches for the change of blades!

Hugs

I got another coat of paint on the exterior. I think that will do it. I touched up trim, which seems to be neverending because I keep thinking it needs more. I glued the acetate to the front door and made a total mess. So took that off and had to throw away. Went around the house to look for a substitute and remembered the transparency sheets in our office. Cut that, glued, and messed that one up too. I think I used too much glue. Finally got the door clamped! Roof tiles are cut and ready to install. The governor declared a state of emergency for tomorrow (wed.) So maybe I will have some extra time at home. 2 to 6 inches of snow...I will have to see to believe. AND yesterday I stopped by HL and found the basswood and balsa!!! Sure enough it was in the extreme back corner of the store. I actually walked by it a couple of times before I spotted it. This little two room structure is taking such a long time.

Sue, honey, I thought immediately of you and all our friends in this storm's path as watched the weather forecast last night.  Installing acetate inserts is probably not my best trick, either, but it doesn't take a lot of glue to attach them and I learned not to spread the wood glue right up to them before clamping the two halves together.

I discovered that for some reason all our extra scrollsaw blades were pinned and our Delta scrollsaw takes pinless blades, so it's back to the hardware store.   Meanwhile I retraced the chairs onto the piece of basswood and began cutting them with my utility knife.

• Like 1

Details........painting, cutting trim, trying to cover and disguise all the cracks, tab holes etc.  How can one little house ( Storybook Cottage) have so many???
I did get my little piano finally after waiting for 2 months!  Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

Details........painting, cutting trim, trying to cover and disguise all the cracks, tab holes etc.  How can one little house ( Storybook Cottage) have so many???

I did get my little piano finally after waiting for 2 months!  Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

Roxy, I was thinking the same thing just last night, with an additional "why am I putting myself through this", and then I realize all over again how much I enjoy the torture LOL.  Everytime I walk by my house-in-progress (and it's on my kitchen table so I walk by it alot:-)) it calls me over to touch it, and peer into it, plan the next tiny step, and envision what's going inside eventually.

• Like 1

wow....I keep saying how Im almost ready to finish this little house...today was the dry fit

of the roof..... :bangin: ...ok after I finally figured out  how its goes I am still left wondering WHY....and since it is such a weird roof

why isnt there better instructions or a photo of how it goes!!...of course with my new camera I am going to take a few and show you what I mean....

it is just WEIRD!

but did you notice I said dry fit of the roof? yes I have finished the inside...I completed the little staircase with pieces of the leftover bits to make a door and rug on the landing...and only one widow seat was made for the bedroom....I am torn about gluing the stairs in place...Im leaning to leaving them loose so if ever I run across furniture for the inside the room I can put it in...not that anyone would ever see it...lol....but I will know :batman:

cant wait to landscape! :banana:

Well my little town in North Alabama got 4inches of snow, beautiful, wet, clean snow that made everyone go crazy with the snowmen designs and dragging the winter-wear out of storage. Slick roads gave me a day at home so I got the "shingles" glued on. They are made from craft foam. I enjoyed looking at some members gallery pictures, and had a few minutes of feeling sorry for myself. There is some amazing talent! I dont want to compare my measly efforts but its hard to not covet:-)))) Love this site.

Sue we are each our own worst critics, and your first efforts will encourage another newbie, so don't hesitate to share pictures of your work!  We don't have the snow, but we had RAIN all day yesterday and COLD through Monday.

• Like 1

please share your photos Sue....my skills have grown over the yrs but my finances are always low and no

so I have learned to enjoy trying to get the same effects for less money

sometimes with great results and sometimes thinking maybe I should let the grandkid do it...lol

its all in the learning and how do you grow but by sharing and getting feedback...I am very interested in these foam shingles you have done

:batman:  :ph34r:  :batman:

Ooh I bet you could even melt the edges a bit for a rustic worn look with the egg carton foam. 

Years ago my Mom belonged to the craft of the month club and I remember several of the projects were Styrofoam. She had a battery operated Styrofoam cutter that was basically a wire stretched across a frame that got hot and melted through the foam.  with a hot wire type devise you could even put lines in the shingles for added interest. Ooh the wheels are turning!

Styrofoam from egg cartons takes paint well.

I was wondering about that Holly. I thought paint and glue might cause them to disintegrate. Good to know. We don't have any of the cardboard egg carton material (unless you buy organic), but I have been saving my drink carriers for a future try.