What's everyone working on?

First time I've tried to add thumbnails or a link, so if this doesn't work I would welcome some helpful hints:-)).
These are the finished pics of the foam shingles. There is a "how I did it" under the front roof picture in the gallery.
  • Like 4

Hover your cursor over my username and a box appears with icons below, and one of them links to my gallery.  The Buttercup is the last picture in my album "Houses".  When I saw Debra's post I clicked on my posted link and it opened right on the picture for me.

Holly the link may be working for you because it is your photo...I got a "sorry you do not have permission" pop up....

wanted to go to the show today but if you are busing it today the weather is not in our favor

overcast and calling for rain...sigh... Catriona said she might come tomorrow and take me

but she has to drive an hour to get here so who knows if that will happen....

I really wanted to go to that mini show....oh well I guess I will content myself with landscaping the Gingerbread mansion

Im just itching to add window boxes and some other things to it! really wanted to find some furniture kits.....sigh

• Like 1

Holly the link may be working for you because it is your photo...

For some reason that doesn't make sense to me; it's a link to the gallry photo on this site, so it ought to work.  That being said, HERE:

gallery_8_76_40828.jpg

• Like 1

This was also the first time I wet part of the box the kit came in and peeled a layer off to make the corrugated tin roof.

The scrollsaw apparently is succumbing to old age.  Neither DH nor I can get it to run properly (the way it did before we moved).  I had retraced the chair parts onto the 1/8" basswood.  Much as I hate having to o it this way, because it takes so long, at least over time I can cut the pieces out by hand

How clever to use the box for roofing.

I finally got the garage finished. It only took 5 years. Ha at this rate I'll never see this project finished. Anyway now it's on to the kitchen. It shouldn't take as long...I hope hmmm.

Cheryl, WHERE did you find a scale golf cart?

Yep I found it on Ebay. It is 1:12 scale. The small town where we live allows them on the streets so when I saw it I had to have it besides the garage isn't deep enough for a scale car. It is a carbon copy of our RL one. 

• Like 2

Need some "sleuthing" help as I got this pic sent to me by MIL of a gorgeous set of bedroom furniture and she forgot were she had found it, think it is 1:24th/half scale though. As she has a birthday coming up and is building a halfscale castle I am thinking if I could find this it would auit perfectly as a gift....

post-90-0-40827600-1425212126_thumb.jpg

Hugs

Have just played with the Dremel and carved away a lot of the barrel sides, worked like a charm! Still need to sand it smooth, but the bulk is gone atleast.

Love the Dremel!

Hugs

Have just played with the Dremel and carved away a lot of the barrel sides, worked like a charm! Still need to sand it smooth, but the bulk is gone atleast.

Love the Dremel!

Hugs

My Dremels are my favoritest toys!

The Dremel is ome pf these toys onewonders how one survived without earlier ;)

Sanded the sides smooth, now it is time for painting/staining and allowing that to dry well and trying out wooden beads for the feet.

This is FUN!

Hugs

Just for the heck of it (to see if I could) when I noticed a new, small blade in the bandsaw I cut out another chair side and clamped it to the hand cut one to sand them together.  It was a success, so I cut out two more sides, plus the seats and back slats.  It's too cold to stay out in the shop very long, so I'll cut the sides for the other two chairs tomorrow (high forecast for 70F) and stain all the pieces to match the table.  The stain ought to be dry by the time I finish stitching the chair seats. 

• Like 2