What's everyone working on?

Emily, your minis are always incredible!!!

I am trying to make a new steeple for my 1/4 church. Its not going well but I need to sit down and concentrate on copying the original pieces with some precision.

I made a southwestern design hutch from a Michael's hutch this summer. I need to make somethings to put on the shelves. I like to take breaks and work on something different now and then. Finishing up something I started 2 months ago would give me a feeling of accomplishment :bear: !

What am I working on? Resting my weary bones! :D Had a great mini-weekend with the holiday and all, but now my elbows and shoulders are shot and need a rest!

I almost finished the exterior of the San Fran-had only 3 more windows to do and no more plastic left. Then on Saturday the fam got together to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday...well, my daughter brought along something for me and the packaging had exactly enough plastic to finish up the windows! :banana: Now I am just waiting for a delivery of moldings so I can finish up the window trim and the interior trims.

And while I was waiting I started on the Franklin/Cape House. I hadn't intended on tearing it apart like I did, but as I went, I realized that it was just going to be easier. I decided on a pink exterior color. Not sure how I feel about a pink house, but I didn't want to do another yellow one. I am excited to do some more work on it, but the arms are just shot. Maybe I will just pick out the wallpaper while my arms are resting. :bigwink:

• Like 1

What am I working on? Resting my weary bones! :D Had a great mini-weekend with the holiday and all, but now my elbows and shoulders are shot and need a rest!

I almost finished the exterior of the San Fran-had only 3 more windows to do and no more plastic left. Then on Saturday the fam got together to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday...well, my daughter brought along something for me and the packaging had exactly enough plastic to finish up the windows! :banana: Now I am just waiting for a delivery of moldings so I can finish up the window trim and the interior trims.

And while I was waiting I started on the Franklin/Cape House. I hadn't intended on tearing it apart like I did, but as I went, I realized that it was just going to be easier. I decided on a pink exterior color. Not sure how I feel about a pink house, but I didn't want to do another yellow one. I am excited to do some more work on it, but the arms are just shot. Maybe I will just pick out the wallpaper while my arms are resting. :bigwink:

Sounds like they knew just exactly what you needed! Awesome! I am waiting for stuff also. I ordered some Zap a Gap off ebay....keep looking at my bottle hoping it will last lol I think I have gotten addicted to that stuff............no no I am not sniffing it ......omg I can't believe I said that. :bangin: Well anyway I sure like using it

I am sure I could find some around here but it is easier sometimes to buy online than running all over the country. I was looking for the Easy Cutter the other day and I swear I must drove 100 miles to different stores and even got lost in Boise and finally found it at Hobby Lobby....nice store but the traffic is nasty so won't be back there for a while lol

well this is the first time I have done a skinny stick floor........ummm it takes some patience lol as it is not going Real fast lol.....may not do as many of these as i thought haha

I almost finished the exterior of the San Fran-had only 3 more windows to do and no more plastic left. Then on Saturday the fam got together to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday...well, my daughter brought along something for me and the packaging had exactly enough plastic to finish up the windows! :banana: ....

Jackie, thank you for the morning laugh! :rofl:

This is what I love about miniaturists! Did anyone else start laughing about the "packaging" and notice Jackie never told us what the "little something" for her was? Good thing our families understand our obsession. :yes:

• Like 2

The sink that came with my kitchen kit is kind of bashed up, and I decided after painting it silver that I want a white sink, anyway. (It's the shiny plastic you paint on the underside, so no good way to redo it.) So now I'm racking my brain for what I could buy that has a blister pack exactly the right size... :lol:

• Like 1

LOL Deborah..... I think this is a case of "You know you are addicted to miniatures when...."

And Emily- I've seen some people use those paks of dipping sauces from McDonald's....or maybe if you want something clear- something from the sewing/notions aisle might work. :)

• Like 1

I am working on a 70s multilevel living room/ den, complete with a conversation pit and a curved staircase leading to a level with bookshelves and desk. I just finished wire wrapped fireplace tools yesterday. If you want to see it, just poke "my blog changes daily" under my signature. I've been working on it for a week or so, so you will have to go back a ways to see the beginning.

• Like 1

I am working on a 70s multilevel living room/ den, complete with a conversation pit and a curved staircase leading to a level with bookshelves and desk. I just finished wire wrapped fireplace tools yesterday. If you want to see it, just poke "my blog changes daily" under my signature. I've been working on it for a week or so, so you will have to go back a ways to see the beginning.

It's very cool, I've been watching the progress on your blog. I'm always amazed and impressed by how you make everything and do it so well. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Jackie, thank you for the morning laugh! :rofl:

This is what I love about miniaturists! Did anyone else start laughing about the "packaging" and notice Jackie never told us what the "little something" for her was? Good thing our families understand our obsession. :yes:

I'm still laughing at the glue sniffing comment. :roflmao:

I've been working on the Fling, the White Rose, and the Tennyson. Last week I won an auction for a kit I had spotted (and lost the bidding for) over a year ago. It's for a 1/144 scale Pacific Heights Dollhouse made be Heritage Miniatures.

I've watched for another one of these kits, and this time got it. It looks like an itsy bitsy Tennyson! Bet you can guess which house it's forpost-15386-0-61644200-1378688181_thumb.j

• Like 1

Well, the San Fran windows are all finished! Yay! Now I need to work on the tower and front doors. This forum has come to my rescue, yet again! Thanks to the forum member that sent me the patterns I needed for the tower support!! :D:salute:

I've also been working on the Franklin Cape House - new paint color, painted trims, "sistered" the 1st floor walls, primed and wallpapered the 2nd floor. The weather has been wonderful, so me and my cat, Max, have been working out on the deck.

Still waiting for that UPS man.....but I have 2 cakes to do for this Saturday, so I won't be able to work on the houses this week even if he does finally show up.

I was making good progress on the Rowhouse bathroom and then had an electricity emergency. There seems to be a short circuit in a junction under my bathroom floor (I discovered it when I was pressing down on the junction to glue down flooring -- good thing the lights were on or I never would have known!) My options for fixing it are limited because of flooring and wallpaper that's already glued down. If I cut out the junction completely I *think* I'll just lose one outlet, whereas if I leave it the way it is (or don't do an adequate job fixing it) I could lose electricity to the entire house. Still thinking about the best way to proceed, but until then, my bathroom is stalled. :(

The sink that came with my kitchen kit is kind of bashed up, and I decided after painting it silver that I want a white sink, anyway. (It's the shiny plastic you paint on the underside, so no good way to redo it.) So now I'm racking my brain for what I could buy that has a blister pack exactly the right size... :lol:

Check out the pre-packaged hardware at a superstore like Walmart--about $1 and many of the Bulldog brand products come in a sink-shaped blister. (Screw eyelets are a nice addition to your mini-stash.)

• Like 1

Found some suitable glass champagne glasses, or they are rather called coctail glasses, but the shape is just what I was looking for, now to await their shipping and arrival.... One thing here and one thing there, :) things are coming together! Now if I only could get some hours in a row to actually do some clay work...

Hugs

I spent the afternoon remaking window trim for my quarter scale house I am working on ( #3). This one is going too easy this time........what could be wrong with this picture? I got the house painted, windows in, trimmed and the walls glued together and they are actually pretty straight! I can't share pictures of this one yet because its a surprise! :)

Waiting for my box of 500 skinny sticks to come from Amazon!

I finally got my Ashley's 2 floors done...I think. Not too bad,but I'm going with at least one stained wood floor on my next kit-either skinny sticks or scribing boards into the kit floor. Gotta get the walls finished...need a couple things,but haven't had time to go to town.

Roxy,I can't wait to see your next 1/4 scale build!

Anna,if I may ask,where'd you find your glasses? I may try to get a few of some sort for my pizza-pasta place...

I did skinny stick flooring on my alexandria's main floor. It was a lot of work but I love it. I'm very proud of how it came out =) I'm making a lot of progress on my house so I'm very excited to see it finished. :D Right now I'm working on the charming cottage for the creatin contest.

I spent the afternoon remaking window trim for my quarter scale house I am working on ( #3). This one is going too easy this time........what could be wrong with this picture? I got the house painted, windows in, trimmed and the walls glued together and they are actually pretty straight! I can't share pictures of this one yet because its a surprise! :)

Waiting for my box of 500 skinny sticks to come from Amazon!

I accidentely bought the popsicle sticks instead of the skinny sticks. Oops. I hope they still look ok. =p

My electrical emergency has been resolved. It turned out to be an easy fix, but with a complicated lead-up that would have been avoided if I'd made a diagram of my tapewire (or took better pictures) before putting wallpaper and flooring down on top of it. Lesson learned! The whole saga is here, for the curious.

Here's the bathroom in progress. I'm using a couple of pieces from a funky bathroom set I bought at the CHAMPS show this weekend (maybe an old Aztec set? I'm not sure) and the "garden tub" from MBS. To the left of the tub will be a shower stall.

post-7-0-00059800-1378797147_thumb.jpg post-7-0-99584100-1378797268_thumb.jpg post-7-0-40938400-1378797271_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Anna,if I may ask,where'd you find your glasses? I may try to get a few of some sort for my pizza-pasta place...

Look at the cap for your Aileen's glue bottle (and similar bottles with nozzle tops). It is perfect for plastic soda glasses.

• Like 2

Kat I keep going to your profile thinking I will see the Ashley or the Pizza place! LOL I am so nosey!

I have come to a short halt on my build because I need my skinny sticks and some other things to go with my project. I spent a ton of time looking on line yesteday but I think I can make my own if I can find some fimo or clay. I doubt if our Walmart has either. I will have to put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with to "make do". That's the name of the game when you live in the middle of no where!

• Like 1