What's everyone working on?

Back home from a loooong day of getting many minis ready for yard sale. Turned out, once we got into them, there really wasn't much there that was wonderful. A few furniture sets and a lot of really ordinary things. The lady who is running the sale was disappointed at some of the low prices we put on stuff, but to tell the truth, I wouldn't even buy them for what we put on them. There are four built houses -- a McKinley, an Orchid, a Dura-Craft Bellingham farmhouse, and some kind of puzzle house. They were so badly put together that we had a hard time staging them so the worst flaws wouldn't be totally noticeable. We ended up pricing the puzzle house at $10, the McKinley at $75, the Orchid at $40, and the Bellingham at $125.(Did I mention the paint colors on all of the house was ... ummm ... I think the word is garish.)

I did come away with a few little things and some replacement blades for the eXacto saw, a couple accessories, and a hang-on-the-wall display case. The lady put up such a fuss that I paid her cash money for all of it. You'd think after having two of us spend about 7 hours working for free, she might have cut me some slack. But hey, I got what I wanted. I was going to volunteer to come over and chat nice to prospective buyers while the sale is on, but I think I'm going to have to wash my hair or the dog or something those days.

Live and learn.

• Like 1

It's been months, but I'm finally working on the Tudor house again. I'm putting in the final trim in the living room before taking some photos for a magazine article scheduled for December.

Congrats on the magazine article :congrats:

Well Kathie, the woman running the sale was just rude and inconsiderate. Wonder what she'll do when the houses are still there at the end. Doesn't sound like she's the bartering type.

Ohhh, happy dance as I might have found some suitable glasses, two different trial ones ordered as to actually see them before ordering lots of them, yay and thank you for the help in finding some!

Hugs

Anna, I can't wait to see what you do with them all!

As soon as it takes height and shape I promise to share, now I will have to start stalking the mailman again... Oh and find a suitable bottle, just might have one in the stash, needs a good rummage in the boxes ofwine bottles collected for the wine cellar.

Keeping fingers crossed the size and shape suits for the idea. i have learnt that the glasses are usually either margarita, cocktail or martinin glasses instead of champagne glasses, one lesson learned LOL

Hugs

• 2 weeks later...

Today I finally put together the 18th century gametable I have been working on on and off.

Still have to make a skirt for it and stain skirt and legs.

It's not flawless but really enjoyed working on it.

Pic is in my gallery, under Dollhouse and mini.

• Like 1

Today I finally put together the 18th century gametable I have been working on on and off.

Still have to make a skirt for it and stain skirt and legs.

It's not flawless but really enjoyed working on it.

Pic is in my gallery, under Dollhouse and mini.

It's really nice! :)

Got a padded envelope in the mail yesterday from mum with

Still needs to finish them ie fold back andfasten.

Ie her latest favourite hobby, cross-stitching minis :wub: as she loves doing it so much she tends to do more than one of each pattern she likes... :wub: so now I have extra rugs if there is anyone else that might be interested in them.

• Like 1

I have declared the the Washington 2.0 Haunted Hangout finished and brought it up from the basement to display in the dining room. Will post photos later today in the Washington 2.0 thread. Right now lunch and some quality time in the garden await me.

• Like 2

I have declared the the Washington 2.0 Haunted Hangout finished and brought it up from the basement to display in the dining room. Will post photos later today in the Washington 2.0 thread. Right now lunch and some quality time in the garden await me.

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics :)

I'm working on my alexandria. Yesterday I sanded the crap out of the floors. I stained them and today I'm going to give them a fine sand then seal them. =) I'm waiting for wallpaper to get here as well. I'm excited because I feel like the house is finally starting to come together. I'll have to post pics. I also ordered a kit for the creatin contest at HBS.

Awesome I can't wait to see it. =)

Kathie, I love the skeletons! I have to go back to your blog and read it more closely, I hadn't seen your Washington yet.

Anna - great rugs, what a nice surprise from mom! What are the dimensions?

I've been working on the kitchen in my Queen Anne Rowhouse. I'm bashing the SDK Miniatures modern kitchen kit. Put in a few days' work since my last update, here's the latest. More pics on my blog. Kitchens always seem to take the most work out of any room, but they're so fun!

post-7-0-43326400-1376886899_thumb.jpg

• Like 1