What's everyone working on?

:thumb: Kathie! The haunted house is really spooooooooky and very cute too!

I am working on my quarter scale village just trying to get back into my mini work. Its a challenge without supplies near by but isn't it more fun when you have to scavenge your materials and be creative about what you have to use?

Anna those are really beautiful rugs.!

Emily I love doing kitchens. I think they are my favorite rooms to put together. :yes:

I worked with paperclay this weekend, and I now know that I need to keep working with it :lol:

It's messy, sticky, and dries like a rock, which is helpful, but I sure need practice sculpting what I want out of it. Tried some brick on a piece of scrap and they came out crooked about half way up :) and I think I spread the clay too thin. When it dried it shrunk somewhat so I need more depth for definition.

I really would like to get better at it because I like the effects that can be achieved, and it's light weight and versatile. So more practice! :)

I've been DUPED! I feel like such a ninny. You would think that after years of reading these threads I would have seen it coming, but I didn't. The Fairfield, (my first house) has been sitting on a cabinet giving me foresaken sad looks for months, practically begging me for some attention. I finally go over and take a peek at it and I see that aside from being a little dusty that the varnish on the floors had started to wick up on to the baseboards and onto the wallpaper and the same problem existed wherever the floors touched the walls (so basically every room). She convinced me that all she needed was a little touchup paint here and there and that I could probably get it done in a day or two. Well liar, liar basement on fire! Once I got started "touching up" she went from this

post-4992-0-01051100-1377130846_thumb.jp

to this. post-4992-0-77542300-1377130871_thumb.jp

I'm currently experiencing one of those "I should have known better moments." Has anyone got an Advil?

• Like 1

Oh dear, Ravenswing .... sounds like you have your hands full with this little trickster.

Maybe Advil isn't going to be strong enough for your patience and recovery from this episode.

Good luck - Fairfield's are quite wonderful.

I've been working on the Glencliff on and off, got the exterior siding done!!!! (I used shingles for most of the exterior). I put the final coat of paint on the exterior last week. I plan on tapewiring it this weekend. I also got the windows painted and they are ready to install. so next things to do: tapewire, wallpaper and install windows :)

I've been working on the Glencliff on and off, got the exterior siding done!!!!

Oh, wow, I love the Glencliff. It is a fabulous house. Good luck with that wiring. I'm still skittish of that.

I finished putting shingles on the roof of the buttercup last night. this dollhouse is a slow work in progress, it's going to be shabby chic, I've been working on it for a number of months now....mostly just sitting tho...lol....no photos yet ;)

I found 2 packages of paperclay and they need to get used! I pulled out the sugarplum kit yesterday and built it....need to make a few small modifications but hope to paperclay sometime in the next week. (starting next Wednesday I have a whole week off!!!!!!).

I might start tapewiring the Glencliff today....haven't quite got the motivation, but kinda do....lol. so when I get that way, it's a 50/50 shot on whether I will start a project.

I pulled the Chantilly out to shingle the roof and realized I don't have enough quick grip, so I won't start that project!

so.... a number of projects to do and not sure which one to do or if I have the motivation to do any :bangin:

• Like 2

Oh, wow, I love the Glencliff. It is a fabulous house. Good luck with that wiring. I'm still skittish of that.

I do tapewire, which for me is easy. I haven't ever tried roundwiring a project.

I need to learn to tapewire. I probably will use that on my next house........right now I have been getting more done than usual on my Garfield house. I think I am at the point where I can completely finish one room at a time now....(inside) I think I may go that route as it will give me more of a feeling of accomplishment. SO think I will completely finish the inside of the dining room and living room..Feeling kind of lazy sometimes though lol.......like I want to get it done but sure seems like I have a lot of work to do. I do think though it will be more fun finishing one room at a time now... :) Will put a couple three wall plug in's in....and of course the ceiling lights. ..........will post more pics soon in my album!

p.s. I just painted 14 strips of cornice and 20 strips of baseboard all pretty and white and ready to install. That was boring though lol.........but its Done!!

• Like 1

I built the houseworks conservatory kit the night before last (yes, another project on the go...lol). I have the day off today and need to clean the house and do yardwork but I plan on dollhousing some sort of project today :)

• Like 1

I built the houseworks conservatory kit the night before last (yes, another project on the go...lol). I have the day off today and need to clean the house and do yardwork but I plan on dollhousing some sort of project today :)

I have wanted to do a conservatory. I'll look forward to seeing yours.

Last night I got more than half way done on gluing bricks to the foundation of my Holly Ann. I really need a new name for this house, Holly Ann just doesn't fit. I have actually not seen the flicker of disapproval or irritation from my husband on this build. Especially after last night I mentioned I was looking at mini plants to make because he loves plants and I wanted to reflect that in the house. I have a cribbage board and scratch tickets for my mom, lotto ticket and newspaper for my dad and a backgammon board for my brother who taught me to play. After telling him all that he started helping pick plants that work in winter since that's the season this one is set. Made my night. : )

• Like 2

FYI alert! This DIL collects home decor catalogues (Crate & Barrel, West Elm, Pottery Barn, etc) and for those who want modern, trendy furniture and decorating ideas to DIY there are sizes to scale down and pictures to go for reproducing in mini!

• Like 1

So I want to make some sort of green hanging wall potted plant but can't seem to find one to use as inspiration...

Even went browsing the flower place but the ones there were either puny or " thready" not as rich and full of greenery I wanted and I tried googling but wow those plants that came up with the search word I used, well lets just say that for medicinal purposes those might be OK...

So any suggestions are most welcome!

Hugs

• Like 1

Anna,you are too much! :D Just don't forget the 'ted' at the end of that word next time!haha Holly gave you some good links. You can also Google "dollhouse miniature hanging baskets" and you'll get some more great ideas to work with.

• Like 1

I'm working on a lot of basic furnishings for my first dollhouse (the Gloucester) and simultaneously building the house itself. It's outrageously fun! I can only work on it at night after my almost-three-year-old goes to bed, though. The dollhouse is ostensibly for her, which is why I'm tring to make it child-friendly. Sometimes I get carried away and start putting beautiful little Fimo feet on wingback chairs... oh well, when she breaks it, I will have the fun of making another!

I've been making things out of my daughter's outgrown baby clothes, too. This blue striped mattress was once a baby t-shirt. The shirt had a stain on one side, but I'm too sentimental to toss such things. Now it can live on as a doll mattress!

I'm also assembling a couple Greenleaf kits so that my kid's dh won't be bare when she gets it. The price is right! Once I put together a few nursery and bedroom pieces, though, I realized I could be making my own furniture... I did go to art school, and although 3d is not generally my thing, I think I can tackle this! My first from-scratch piece is this Shaker bookshelf from wood scraps and chipboard. In the photo it is primed but not painted.

post-39332-0-57981800-1378006684.jpg

post-39332-0-63253600-1378006790.jpg

Oh,wow,Aimee that bookshelf is fantastic-pretty darn good for 3d not being your "thing"! ^_^ And the little mattress is precious! What a great idea for a keepsake! Watching to see what you create next! :artist: Kat

• Like 1

My half scale Rowhouse now has fireplaces! These are resin fireplaces from Petite Properties (painted and decorated by me). I put them on a corner wall on the open side of the house, which makes them kind of tricky to see and even trickier to get good pictures of. :(

post-7-0-69335100-1378010306_thumb.jpg post-7-0-04463300-1378010373_thumb.jpg post-7-0-57599900-1378010375_thumb.jpg

More pics on my blog (including one taken after one of the fireplaces flew out of my hands and broke into pieces! Managed to fix it, though.)

• Like 5

My half scale Rowhouse now has fireplaces! These are resin fireplaces from Petite Properties (painted and decorated by me). I put them on a corner wall on the open side of the house, which makes them kind of tricky to see and even trickier to get good pictures of. :(

attachicon.gifrowhouse435.jpg attachicon.gifrowhouse441.jpg attachicon.gifrowhouse442.jpg

More pics on my blog (including one taken after one of the fireplaces flew out of my hands and broke into pieces! Managed to fix it, though.)

Emily, I loooovvveee these! Especially the one on the left. :D

Thank you! :)

I was a mini-ing fiend this weekend. Built a kitchen island (it was the NAME Day 2011 kit, I bought it at the CHAMPS show last year) and painted the countertops.

post-7-0-54393500-1378190053_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-04359400-1378190065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you! :)

I was a mini-ing fiend this weekend. Built a kitchen island (it was the NAME Day 2011 kit, I bought it at the CHAMPS show last year) and painted the countertops.

That is very nice! Wish I had one in my RL house lol.....

what am I working on? Well i got two other kitchen lights in.......so will take pics soon.......now am working on the master bedroom of my Garfield. The room is so large I couldn't find mini carpet to fit.....it is bigger than 14x20 even think it is 15x something. Our Joanns does not seem to have much for upholstery fabric. I had cut some like the living room carpet but it is green and really don't want to have the same carpet so I bit the dust and am doing skinny sticks for the first time. It may look a little shabby chic but that is probably OK. Just getting started. Will paint it a pastel blue. I love painted wood floors anyway! I laid poster board down first just in case I need to get to that wiring underneath. .....I won't glue the poster board....just tack with mini wax. I hope this works out and doesn't curl like my other bedroom carpet did......lol......any suggestions are very welcome!! thanks!