What's everyone working on?

Well, I told myself that I was done shopping for the month but I found a RGT General Store dollhouse on eBay and although I've already used this kit once before I just couldn't let this one get by me. The starting bid was only $19.99 and shipping was $10.00. I didn't really need it, but I knew if I let it go I'd be kicking myself later - after all one can olways use another dollhouse - so I bid on it and managed to get it for only $26.00 - even with the shipping no matter how you look at it that's a steal. I'm a happy camper.

You are a lucky girl! I had that in my Watch list.......lucky you I couldn't really afford to bid on it! Anyway congrats!

Just moved some stuff around so I could "lower" my Garfield and work on the attic floor. Course now 1st and 2nd floors are way too low, but this will make it easier to do the wood floors and cut out around the windows, (so my wallpaper doesn't show when I install the windows) and will get those attic windows in. Oh and the Tower room. Will work on it while the house is way down low......gee I have to do the walls and its already together......I think I can.... I think I can......I also need to look back through my wood that is left and see what is there. I think there may be window seats for the tower? My directions and parts pics should tell me.

THEN it is going to be getting this house out of this room before the roof goes on. It will go out the front entrance door from the living room I think, but once the roof is on it won't go out of this room.....so ha don't want to do that. My living room is small too but we will make a place for it!!

Will post more pics as I get some stuff done.

I thought that everything was going a bit too smoothly today as I was busy attaching the window frames and trims. Just when I was congratulating myself on a good day..........I went to glue on the shutters and.................discovered that I had glued the windows on upside down on one side :doh: ! All is well, I managed to get the frames off without too much damage, repaint and repair and put them on right way up! I get in my own way so many times!

• Like 1

I thought that everything was going a bit too smoothly today as I was busy attaching the window frames and trims. Just when I was congratulating myself on a good day..........I went to glue on the shutters and.................discovered that I had glued the windows on upside down on one side :doh: ! All is well, I managed to get the frames off without too much damage, repaint and repair and put them on right way up! I get in my own way so many times!

Don't you just hate it when you do that! I know I've done things like that more than once (hate to admit it) :lol:

• Like 1

I finished my 70s Bloomingdales room box today. I had a great time doing it. You are all invited to the housewarming! Just click on " my blog changes daily", below. It's come as you are. Very informal.

• Like 2

I finished my 70s Bloomingdales room box today. I had a great time doing it. You are all invited to the housewarming! Just click on " my blog changes daily", below. It's come as you are. Very informal.

I've been watching and loving all the solutions you come up with! It's a very fun build, and those crazy dolls seem to like it a lot! :lol:

I just got finished dry fitting my Fairfield together!!!

Now I just have to disassemble and reassemble it again!!!

So I am spending my time now painting all the exterior trim and the front porch.

I also just finished wigging and dressing my first 1/2 scale dollhouse doll from a Petite People Plus.

She is my first ever in every way, but ended up looking awesome. I gave her a 60s/70s style with a fur lined poncho and jeans.

So now Im wigging her male counterpart with flocking! He gets dark brown hair and sideburns. He is also coming along surprisingly easily. ( Making him some flocked mustaches and beards, but I may not even use them )

• Like 2

HH, there are actually a couple of makers of 1/144 furniture kits. My chairs came from SDK Miniatures (http://sdk.miniature.net/) who bought/licensed all of Anita McNary Lahue's designs (Anita is well-known and loved in 1/144 -- also the founder of the yahoo microminis group).

I've even had some of my own designs laser cut, but sadly the person I used is no longer doing it, so I'm looking for a new person.

The table you can see in the pic is scratch built and the cabinet piece is cast metal.

I had seen the cast metal and the plastic 1:144 furniture, but not the wood lasercut kits. I wish I didn't have cataracts (not bad enough to need surgery, yet; but enough to make 1:144 not doable).

Don't feel bad, I did something similar with my DC Farmhouse. I glued an entire side wall with milled in siding onto the house upside down. Worse, I didn't catch it. At least you saw your mistake - someone else had to point out my error to me.

• Like 1

Spent the better part of the last 7 days receiving deliveries for the goodies I bought. For the most part I'm a happy camper, but two of the essential deliveries I need for the house were not up to par. I ordered an 18 piece hole saw set which I need for the first stages of the build, and instead they sent me an 11" black canvas tool bag. Thankfully I resisted the urge to call them right then and there and vent. I waited for the next day and calmly got my order resent.

The second delivery was a much bigger disappointment. The glorious little ham that I ordered as the centerpiece of my table setting didn't look anything like the image they advertised. After sending them a very stern "I am not pleased" email, they refunded my money. Normally that would have made me happy but now I've spent several days trying to find this piece on other sites - either that or the technique used to make it look so real so that I can make it myself, and I haven't had any luck.

The one bright spot was that I did locate and buy another little feathered chicken like my first one for the chicken coop at the Bronte house. But bright spot aside, waiting on this saw is really putting me behind. I'm also finding that with all the things I bought for this build I still need more stuff. Had to get more stain cause I was out of the right color, and spackle - out of that too, and now I have a list of about 11 other things I need to complete this. Someone needs to teach me how to say no to last minute requests :nono:

This morning, I started building Spike a doghouse. I should have it mostly done tomorrow. It is a split level, half timber, with a curved staircase. He is keeping his four poster bed. Everything else is new. I have been informed that humans aren't allowed at the housewarming! How unfair!

This morning, I started building Spike a doghouse. I should have it mostly done tomorrow. It is a split level, half timber, with a curved staircase. He is keeping his four poster bed. Everything else is new. I have been informed that humans aren't allowed at the housewarming! How unfair!

Did you invite Snoopy?

I had no plans to put a staircase in the afore mentioned distressed house... the house had other plans.

Which is causing me a great big pain... the dining room is no longer large enough for the table!

Hmmm... is making a smaller table a possibility? (I mean smaller to fit the room, of course!)

Isn't it amazing what we don't see as we work? I find a lot of oopsies when I look at the progress photos.

Funny how that works isn't it? I usually don't see my mistakes until after I've posted the "progress pictures". That's happened with every house I've built, especially the farmhouse. Took pictures of the kitchen/dining room and it wasn't until I posted that I noticed the two orange slices sitting on the floor in the corner - one in each room!