What's everyone working on?

the color isn't too much off, was thinking a little paint. The ears are to big though. Maybe if I can cut or break those off and redo them, that might be okay. And Morgan, That was my first thought, I wouldn't have known the difference until I looked them up!

Can you sand the ears down to the size you want?

• Like 1

:) I will take and post some pictures in a few minutes. Keep in mind, these are for the amusement park project, based on Native American myths, and these are the "floats" for the river ride, so these meerkats are on their tummy, not standing up.

Meerkats are African prairie dogs, so they work for Native American themes.

• Like 1

Meerkats are African prairie dogs, so they work for Native American themes.

Okay, cool, thanks, maybe he can put them elsewhere in the project then, and I'll just make new muskrats. That'll be good. But since each ride has to be based on a myth, he definitely needs muskrats in the river.

They got lots done today. All except one ride is made, and they came up with the design just as the girl's dad got here this evening. Tomorrow we will make that ride, "plant" everything in the foam, then put on all the finishing details.

I vacuumed the mouse poop out of the dollhouse I brought back from my aunt's house, and wiped the cloth furniture down with Shout stain wipes. The rest of the interior I wiped down with a bit of Meyer's Clean Day. It appears she hot glued the hall stair railing, and it is falling apart. That looks like all that needs to be done on the interior. The exterior needs a bit more work.

• Like 1

I am currently refinishing a friends Dollhouse. She purchased it in the 80's but I have no idea what Brand it is or the name of it? Once finished I will continue to work on mine, The Orchid. It is my first Dollhouse and it is now ready for paint and decor.

As for my friends house, I had to remove the windows and exterior accessories she added using a hot glue gun (christmas decor). Unfortunately this created a little damage to the wood around the exterior windows and shutters so I decided to fill in these areas using standard Drywall Putty. It's what I had on hand and figured it would be o.k. to use for re-sculpting? Once dried I sanded the entire interior/exterior of the house to prep for primer spray paint in gray.

I hope the Drywall Putty is o.k. to use as I just read a blog where someone mentioned using Adhesive Putty :)

Attached are pictures of my friends Dollhouse (prior to putty/sanding) for anyone who maybe able to provide the name of it.

All suggestions and advise are welcome :)

Thanks,

Karoline

post-34429-0-29417200-1368987126_thumb.j

post-34429-0-97922400-1368987130_thumb.j

I am currently refinishing a friends Dollhouse. She purchased it in the 80's but I have no idea what Brand it is or the name of it? Once finished I will continue to work on mine, The Orchid. It is my first Dollhouse and it is now ready for paint and decor.

As for my friends house, I had to remove the windows and exterior accessories she added using a hot glue gun (christmas decor). Unfortunately this created a little damage to the wood around the exterior windows and shutters so I decided to fill in these areas using standard Drywall Putty. It's what I had on hand and figured it would be o.k. to use for re-sculpting? Once dried I sanded the entire interior/exterior of the house to prep for primer spray paint in gray.

I hope the Drywall Putty is o.k. to use as I just read a blog where someone mentioned using Adhesive Putty :)

Attached are pictures of my friends Dollhouse (prior to putty/sanding) for anyone who maybe able to provide the name of it.

All suggestions and advise are welcome :)

Thanks,

Karoline

Hi Karoline, welcome to the forum. That house is either the Greenleaf Haunted House or the Artply Bobbi, The design was manufactured under several different brands in the 80s. Drywall putty is an excellent option to fill in imperfections.

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Wooden-Haunted-House-Dollhouse-Kit.html

• Like 1

I began work on a gnome home in no particular scale. The shell is a section of concrete footing form--one up, one down. Doing my usual use up scraps and things laying around style, but having a blast so far.

• Like 1

Work has finally begun on my San Fran rehab. Lots of demo and sanding. Floors are repainted: they were painted grey, but I wanted a more painted wood-like appearance. I scored in "floor boards", but after it was painted I couldn't really see the lines any more. LOL Oh well.

My goal is to use up materials that I already have - I have so much wallpaper hoarded away that I should be able to paper SEVERAL houses! LOL I was also hoping to use the growing stash of paint as well...but after changing my mind at least three times on the color scheme, I finally found my inspiration while driving thru a neighboring town over the weekend. Yay! I happened to have my camera, so I stopped and snapped some pics. So now to take some time and go thru my stash and hope to find colors that will work. I don't really want to buy any more!

Several RL projects are now finished, so hoping to find some time this week to get some more work done.

• Like 2

I worked a bit on the greenhouse, some pics were added to my gallery to update it. After that, I spent a good bit of time working on the design for the SF foundation.

It is looking great, April. I like what you did with the floor.
  • Like 1

Whew! I just really hate it when RL takes me away from my minis! Another work-weekend is over and I'm glad. Had a cold so was dragging my heels at work, popping pills, sucking lozenges, and trying to keep smiling at customers w/o breathing on them! I swung by the Post Office on my way home Saturday night - and my awesome micro-house kit has FINALLY arrived from England! :surfing: I paid for it Feb 15th and just now got it - 3 months later! Lots of excuses, all of them valid - illness, more orders than anticipated, delayed shipment of supplies, 2 mini-shows they had to attend as vendors and instructors, more illness!! But it's finally here and I'm excited! I've almost finished my double room-box project and will post finished pix soon.

THEN I will start the micro-town house :banana: I've decided to follow this build in a blog here on Greenleaf. (I think my mother and I are the only ones who read my other blog!)

• Like 2

spent the day in mini mode...finished my greenleaf kitchen set and a tipsy topsy plant stand for Pixie's house

next is the bathroom set and some work on the inside of Skull Mountain for the grandson....he is getting some bunk beds and a command center

less than 3 wks before they are here for the summer....

tomorrow I am making dryer lint moss for the outside of skull mountain....and start tearing bits of egg carton to put between the beams for a rock look.....

if I dont get it all finished Im hoping they will want to help do some stuff

Id love to post photos but it keeps telling me Ive reached my limit(sigh)

having so much FUN!!!
:banana::bear::banana:

ooooo I have made the album with these 2 projects public on FaceBook.....Lynette Lowery

• Like 1

dryer lint moss is made from mixing any color dryer lint with white glue and two colors of green

googled it and it sounds like it will add some nice texture to skull mountain....

of course after it dries you can add more color to suit your needs

:bear:

• Like 1

I finally finished the roombox for my sister - haven't quite finished mine yet, but I need to get hers in the mail. It was supposed to be ready for her birthday in March. Uh, little late maybe?? Oh, well. Pictures are in my gallery -

• Like 5

I finally finished the roombox for my sister - haven't quite finished mine yet, but I need to get hers in the mail. It was supposed to be ready for her birthday in March. Uh, little late maybe?? Oh, well. Pictures are in my gallery -

Love this idea! Your sister is very lucky.

Gail :bear:

• Like 2

Slow work progress on the San Fran.

Picked out all of the wallpaper, made patterns and started cutting. Oops! Not enough kitchen paper to do what I had planned, so onto Plan B with that one. Found a full sheet of an ugly peachy-rose-tan tile for the bathroom floor. LOL Also managed to find some wallpaper that matched..not a lot, but I will make it work!

Started painting baseboard and window trims.

Speaking of windows....discovered that I may be missing some window pieces! Will have to re-count to make sure, but don't look forward to making my own. Considered just buying replacement windows....until I realized how much that would cost! Nope! Guess this means I need to find some suitable wood and my hubby's pro dremel!

• Like 1

Greenleaf bathroom kit underway...but right in the middle of glue drying DH is now moving my craft room from the livingroom where I have been to the dining room

so we can get ready for the grand kids coming in June....hoping to get my first coat of paint on the tub, toilet and sink before tonight!!

now wishing Id gotten the bedroom and living room set just for the ease of putting it together....gonna run out of time!! :bangin:

I spent part of last night glueing egg carton stones on the concrete form that will be the Gnome Home. It's like a large jigsaw, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far. Such a neat technique.

• Like 2

so I had an epiphany today as to how I am going to do my Spring fling and Im so ready to get started! LOL....BUT

I just went nuts and ordered 5 more furniture kits for Miss Pixie's house.... :bop: I just thought to myself...she is the perfect age for a dollhouse like this so she needs choices....and all the bells and whistles I can come up with so each of my drawers and cabinets all have knobs and Im doing faucets and mosaic feature.

the bathroom set is 80% finished and I am ready to start cutting beams for skull mountains hideout....command room moved down...its bigger for what I have planed

must get printer ink for printies ....Im hoping she wants to work on it with me because I have saved a couple of fun projects for us to do together! can you tell I am in full mini manic stage...somebody stop ME! :banana:

oooo and a cute little mailbox for the front of the house....

• Like 3

I spent part of last night glueing egg carton stones on the concrete form that will be the Gnome Home. It's like a large jigsaw, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far. Such a neat technique.

I'm starting my first egg carton stone project this weekend. I'm looking forward to it but will be glad when I have enough done right to relax. The last two days we got the shell primered. Time for stone!

• Like 4

I'm starting my first egg carton stone project this weekend. I'm looking forward to it but will be glad when I have enough done right to relax. The last two days we got the shell primered. Time for stone!

I finished the fitting/gluing part last night and after cleaning the house and mowing, hope to try the grouting part. It really is an easy technique so far.
  • Like 2