What's everyone working on?

have finished the outside of Miss Pixie's Laurel

now onto the Jaxonator's secret volcano super hero hideout

its just an idea waiting to happen before his arrival in June...gotta get crackin

I just finished the crown molding as the last part of the "fix" of my rear doorway. So here is the rest of the weekend:

• Finish painting and distressing the front and back doors and trim
  • Add shelves for the front windows
  • Touch up the paint

Then I will find time to work on my other "open" projects. I might even get the half scale Colonial completed as I just need to cut and attach the baseboards and moldings. I can see the finish line on both of these projects!

• Like 2

I mailed out the Cambridge instructions to one of the new members who asked, so after the PO DH & I hit some of our fave thrift stores on this side of the Perdido River; I found three consecutive issues of Crossstitch with charts for "classic" farm animals (cow, sheep & piig; I think I'm missing one from the Jan/Feb issue of 1992) and some gauze fabric to stitch them on for the Washington 2.0 farmhouse patiently waiting for me to finish (hah!) Mildred.

• Like 1

I am waiting for the school year to end so I can launch into the many projects I have planned. In the meantime, I'm reading. I have discovered the joys of ordering used books on Amazon and am building up my mini library, and I have purchased some tools. Three more weeks!

• Like 1

with my always supportive DH....all the foamcore was cut and our volcano hideout is built....he has the chicken wire form finished and sometime today I will start the plaster strips....I do believe the 2 packages we bought is NOT going to be enough....but thats ok....it will make a great start...I dont know if he will love it but Papaw and I have already had so much fun doing it...it wont matter...lol

:batman:

• Like 2

Nutti, the volcano hideout sounds like such fuuun! i posted it elsewhere today,but my Ashley 'told' me it wants to be a new,brightly colored pizza and pasta parlor.i never would have thought that is what would come out,but now i am getting so excited!more on the other post,if anyone has ideas.Kat

• Like 1

Tonight I made tiny meerkats. Yep, meerkats. They are less than an inch long. For the record, there is a reason that I do not make animals or anything else out of clay. Just sayin'. :)

I also am about to dissemble the lamp posts I made last night and redo them with new bulbs. Yay. At least the lights will be uniform instead of the random group of bulbs I pulled from my stash.

• Like 4

Oh,please say u have photos! I just googled meerkat and omg,they are just too funny-lookin' cute!!! Don't feel bad,I am sooo hopeless at clay sculpting figures/animals.I always give up and squish it up before anyone sees it! :tongue1: But,practice makes,well,better,huh? Have fun! :) Kat

I am off on another tangent...I am incorporating minis into real plant terrariums. I have two done and a couple more in the works. They are on the blog if you want to see.

Poke the "this blog changes daily" under my signature.

I am off on another tangent...I am incorporating minis into real plant terrariums. I have two done and a couple more in the works. They are on the blog if you want to see.

Poke the "this blog changes daily" under my signature.

I have been enjoying seeing them on your blog, Casey.

Found this guy on eBay. He makes fabulous 1 inch, 1/2inch and 144th inch scale laser cut houses. Check out the videos at the bottom of the screen. He literally puts these houses together in less than an hour with no tape and no clamps. Check out the eBay store, he has beautiful Victorian, Gothic and Farmhouse style houses, as well as Gazebos.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leon-Gothic-Victorian-Mansion-Dollhouse-Half-inch-1-24-scale-Kit-/171002210520?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item27d086a8d8#ht_860wt_925

I put in quite a bit of mini time yesterday :) I managed to get my minis room cleaned up and organized, whew that was long overdue, and then I finished up two pansy orchid kits that have been on my desk. I put a pic in my gallery. That completes my collection of orchids for the beacon hill kitchen window. Yay, another project done :D

• Like 2

So, Lawson just informed me that the animal in the myth was a muskrat, not a meerkat. So, now to figure out how to turn those (already-baked) meerkats into muskrats, or to make new ones.

More project work today,it's going pretty well. I'll have pictures hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

So, Lawson just informed me that the animal in the myth was a muskrat, not a meerkat. So, now to figure out how to turn those (already-baked) meerkats into muskrats, or to make new ones.

More project work today,it's going pretty well. I'll have pictures hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Oh no! Maybe you can use them anyway, paint? flocking?

Ok, so call me dumb but I wouldn't know a muskrat from a meerkat. EASY fix! Tell people they are muskrats, tell the little critters they are muskrats and problem solved! :)

• Like 4

the color isn't too much off, was thinking a little paint. The ears are to big though. Maybe if I can cut or break those off and redo them, that might be okay. And Morgan, That was my first thought, I wouldn't have known the difference until I looked them up!