What's everyone working on?

after falling in a hole and breaking my right ankle and my left big toe and tore those ligaments I was happy to have gazillion pieces of trim to paint for Pixie's

Laurel...I happy to say that I am almost finished with them and will be ready to install.....I decided on a sunshine yellow house with white and purple trim.

today I am finishing the porch rails....I decided also to let Pixie glue her own stairs together after we put the wall paper up...shingles will be next ...hoping to wrap up this build for now this weekend so we can move on to Jaxon's secret Volcano hideaway structure....he is a huge action hero fan so we decided he needed something other than the usual garage type structure....

we have ideas now lets see how we can implement them...lol

Having moved since I last practiced my fimo sculpting I finally found my organizer of tools and such. Good thing since I thought I knew where it was and didn't. Now, I need to play with clay! I'm trying to decide what to try next. Scale, style, what kind of character, person or animal? Hmmmm........

• Like 1

Having moved since I last practiced my fimo sculpting I finally found my organizer of tools and such. Good thing since I thought I knew where it was and didn't. Now, I need to play with clay! I'm trying to decide what to try next. Scale, style, what kind of character, person or animal? Hmmmm........

All of the above? :)

I want to do donuts and cakes! Yum!

I just finished the production of The Lion King with my class. That has taken up ALL of my time. Definitely working on a much larger pallet! I had a fantastic cast, the show was very entertaining, and we got a standing ovation. I posted a pic of curtain call in my gallery. Now,finally I can have a bit of personal time.

• Like 3

I just finished the production of The Lion King with my class. That has taken up ALL of my time. Definitely working on a much larger pallet! I had a fantastic cast, the show was very entertaining, and we got a standing ovation. I posted a pic of curtain call in my gallery. Now,finally I can have a bit of personal time.

Now I understand the photo! Congratulations! (I was trying to figure out if the image was a mini or not...the guy taking a pic with his cell had me thinking RL, but then again, maybe not :) )

• Like 1

I am really bummed, yet again. I just ordered trim for the interior window framing. I am going to have to make all interior trim. The trim that came with the Majestic Mansion windows does not cover the space between the window edge and the wall. It's about 1/8" in from the window opening. Since it's the same brand house, one would think... That's 16 rectangular windows! Have no idea what I'll do for the fancy ones.

I am really bummed, yet again. I just ordered trim for the interior window framing. I am going to have to make all interior trim. The trim that came with the Majestic Mansion windows does not cover the space between the window edge and the wall. It's about 1/8" in from the window opening. Since it's the same brand house, one would think... That's 16 rectangular windows! Have no idea what I'll do for the fancy ones.

How disappointing!!!

When I was having McKinley window problems, someone suggested corner edging used to frame in/trim the windows. I don't know if this is making any sense, but it might take care of the gap and trim at the same time.

• Like 1

How disappointing!!!

When I was having McKinley window problems, someone suggested corner edging used to frame in/trim the windows. I don't know if this is making any sense, but it might take care of the gap and trim at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestion Debora. Since the width is so small and the house is 1/2 scale and my hands give me a few problems, I thought it would be less frustrating to draw a template of the two sized windows and make new interior frames. For the 5 "fancy" windows (dining room and cupola), I may do a light coat of spackle for the space between the interior frame and the window edge.

Thanks for the suggestion Debora. Since the width is so small and the house is 1/2 scale and my hands give me a few problems, I thought it would be less frustrating to draw a template of the two sized windows and make new interior frames. For the 5 "fancy" windows (dining room and cupola), I may do a light coat of spackle for the space between the interior frame and the window edge.

Sounds like you've come up with good solutions!

While waiting for the "Spring Fling" I have been finishing projects and upgrading old one. Found out the name of one of the upgrade projects; Greenleaf " Monroe". It needs a roof so that is my challenge. When I got it

at a garage sale it had a board over the top instead of a roof so, I must remedy this.(After 20 years in my garage,I needed to finish it...lol)

Gail :bear:

Spoke with a very nice ladyfrom DHL earlier today as I wasn't home when they did try and deliver the package.... Soooo, they will be coming tomorrow and deöiver it at school instead, yay and whohooo!!!

I think my MIL will be in for a treat tomorrow evening.... ;)

Hugs