What's everyone working on?

I won the bid on this cute little vintage furniture kit and it arrived today. It's been opened, but I haven't ha a chance to sort it out and see if any pieces are missing. It comes with patterns for the pieces, so I think I could make new ones if some are missing.

post-6356-0-46483000-1365784206_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Lucky dog, Chris! And I recall my Victorian parlor kit the schematics sheet pictures were the same size as the pieces so you could lay them on to be sure which piece was which. BTW, hang onto those schematics sheets; the Reallife kits are no longer being made and you might want to reproduce pieces for future builds.

• Like 1

I know, right?! It's great to have the patterns. I'm looking forward to laying everything out and seeing what's there. I need to keep the box, too. It is definitely retro-wonderful.

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm almost a hoarder...

• Like 4

I'm still working on my two room boxes. The lighting is giving me fits - not the actual lighting, but hiding the battery! I've used these battery-powered LED lights on only one other micro project and just hid the battery and sealed it up in the base. But with this one I'd like the battery accessible to be able to change it sometime down the road. Burying it is fairly easy - making it accessible on a small project has been a bear! The outside of the box is covered with brick-paper as an outside wall, so after much thought and head-scratching, I've made a "meter box" on the outside wall, with a little lid that can be opened. I'm sure tweezers will be required to lift out the case, but at least it should be doable!

• Like 3

I'm still working on my two room boxes. The lighting is giving me fits - not the actual lighting, but hiding the battery! I've used these battery-powered LED lights on only one other micro project and just hid the battery and sealed it up in the base. But with this one I'd like the battery accessible to be able to change it sometime down the road. Burying it is fairly easy - making it accessible on a small project has been a bear! The outside of the box is covered with brick-paper as an outside wall, so after much thought and head-scratching, I've made a "meter box" on the outside wall, with a little lid that can be opened. I'm sure tweezers will be required to lift out the case, but at least it should be doable!

Clever!

Welcome home, Judith! Bummer when the hands won't work right; I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

Thanks Holly, hoping these paws of mine "auto correct" as soon as possible, this numbness is driving me crazy.

• Like 1

Judith, I am glad your health has improved and you are back to your minis. I'm looking forward to your next set of pictures of your Bronte House progress.

Thanks Chris, its been hard just watching things sit with no forward progress. I'm taking it one day at a time working with larger pieces, hopefully the feeling will come back to my fingers so I can get to the smaller more detailed things soon.

• Like 1

No, no carpel, I have a pinched nerve, it was getting better for a while and then I fell in the tub, snapped my head back and made it worse. Now the numbness is halfway up my forearm. Was scared to death that it was the onset of diabetes but got a clean bill of health on that front (thank God). I'm just thankful that it's something they feel they can fix.

...working on my modular conservatory - figuring out how the connectors will fit together - trying to keep the parts to a minimum - I think I'm almost there :insane: - haven't decided how to do the gable window area yet...?

• Like 1

Chris, dontcha know? That's how to hide being a hoarder. We do it in miniature and are called collectors instead :)

:lol: Yup! Most of my hoarding fits under the beds, but it is beginning to spill over. At least I'm not like my brother who does not keep his weapon collection to just antique guns, swords, and knives, he also collects canons which you have to step over to get into the kitchen.

• Like 1

Your rug turned out totally gorgeous. I'm going to be able to fit three rugs on the aida I stitched my aubusson in blue on; I'm finishing the bottom of a Chinese dragon rug chart and then I have a prayer rug I had stitched in 1:24 to do in the remaining space.

Otterine, that is just beautiful!

Holly, I've already got little ornaments and I think I will have a go at drawing my own wallpaper, Otterine's work inspired me :D

But it also involves a lot of embroidery for the bed and probably the curtains; to tell the truth I am not looking forward to that :D

• Like 1

Gerda, Pamela Warner's Miniature Embroidery for the Georgian Dolls' House includes a drawing for crewelwork bedding for a tester bed that would work for late Tudor/ Jacobean as well; or you could hunt up a book of blackwork stitches and work them onto fabric with a tpi of more than 30 and you should be good.

When I got this little vintage furniture kit, many of the pieces were no longer on the sheets and did not have identification numbers. Fortunately the kit has a pattern sheet so I could match the pieces to the sheet, then figure out which kitchen appliance they went to using the direction sheets. So, I spent the morning locating, numbering and bagging pieces according to which appliance they went to. It is a sweet little kit, and all of the pieces were there.

post-6356-0-12205600-1365873685_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-85758700-1365873696_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-70058300-1365873708_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-23539100-1365873720_thumb.jp

It is nasty, icky and SNOWING! here in the mountains this morning, so I'm going to stay indoors and try something I've thought about for a while now. I've been thinking how cool would it be to design and crochet a little cardigan sweater to fit my 1:12 plastic lady doll (like a Barbie but with human propertions LOL). Can see it in my mind: red and white striped V-neck cardigan with white buttons (well, beads) and made out of my best sewing thread.....Yup, better get started.:)