Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to do some painting today, but it was so hot in my shop that the paint dried on my brush before I got it on the ______ !! So I had to put the minis on hold & go around the house putting in my air conditioners ! :idiot:

Steve in PA

QUOTE : I'm really getting excited to see everyone's projects...hurry up May 25th!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO a thousand times NO .... don't hurry up May 25th ...

I'll never be ready by then !! I need time stretchers and extenders and real life evaporators ... I don't know how you all find the time to do these. I really need to stop time or something.

On the bright side, I got two boxes of supplies in the mail today and talked with a really nice lady about ordering a couple other key elements - with the assurance that they would be here on time. (Fingers crossed !!)

Wish I felt like this was really going to make it. Last years Viking Bike Yard is still sitting in the corner pouting cuz he never got finished. I think it was him that broke the thin circle shaped support for the roof and lowered the upstairs floor on one corner on one of the shells. Naughty little boy that he is.

Good luck everyone. It's going to be so fun seeing all the pics !!

Lynnette, surely you have nothing to worry about! If only four others, master Holly included, saw your stuff ... you've got them all beat! Really, I mean, your Fling has seen Paris!

I don't know how you all find the time to do these.

I have heaps of time as i dont work and all my kiddies left home this year...i need a life i think but that will come later :D now i'm enjoying the solitude, quiet, non taxi service life, doing what I want, when I want and how I want to do it B)

My Mam keeps telling me i'll get bored...bring it on i say :)

I don't have "heaps of time" - got a daughter, husband, home, you know - yet minis don't seem as though they'll ever grow boring, not in my opinion. I've done lots of "stuff," (am retired, also), and minis always offer the unexpected.

Guess I have heaps of time too Linda...and no life :( Seems the only time I don't work on my Fling project is weekends when DH and DS are home pesterin' me...as soon as I shove them out the door on Monday mornings, its "Fling time" :) B) Yes, the RL house is a total wreck, but the _____ ____ ____ is lookin' pretty good. <and since we seem to have entered the monsoon season here :D .....what else is there to do??? I think my next project will have to be an ark>

I glued on the window trim in the interior. I almost glued the trim on the outside before I realized I hadn't put in the "glass" :) !

While moving 'Fling around, the arched roof support broke off in my hand. Boy did I feel stupid! :D So I glued to two loose parts together and will glue it to the house after it has had a good time to dry.

I cut ___ for the ___ ___ and cut the ___ ____ for installation.

The shell of the ____ ____ is now together. Later in the day I will trim it up properly. It is the first piece for the _______ which I have done. That leaves the _____, ___ ____, and ____ ___ still to do. Then there is the ______, ___, ____, and ___ for the ___.

I'm pleased with how its coming along. This is my first build with no hot glue.

The roof the roof the roof is on fire...

Not really. I put the barrel roof on yesterday and worked on some flooring on the inside. Going to paint the roof and finish the second floor`s floor today. Then I will work on the 1st floor`s floor.

Now that it is getting into the home stretch..I am working on it diligently. I guess I like it when I have crunch time!

Let's see I have almost all of it painted including the roof. Still one part that I have to decide what I want to with it yet, stucco, bricks,......

All wallpapered, bottom flooring in. Deciding on the top room flooring. Still have to make ______ and ______ and then _____. But getting there.

I have to try and focus on the wigging workshop I'm supposed to be preparing for next week. :) I wish I could spend time with my Fling - she's so sweet, and calling to me ever so sadly - but I committed to do the workshop a long time ago. (sigh) My mind just keeps returning to Fling!

Well, extra time is definitely not in my repetoire right now. Raising the three grandkids, working in our business and trying to salvage what's left of my double masters program doesn't leave alot of time for personal playing.

Age and occupation wise, I should be retired and shuffling around in my slippers but life has not handed that privilege to me just yet. Everyone tells me that my personality would never let that happen anyway because if I'm not busy - I create 50 more things just to fill up the 3 minute gap I encountered. :) Oh well, at least I'm never bored !!!

So, I thought I'd give you a preview of how the 2 yr old decided to decorate the Spring Fling 09. It's not what I had in mind or on my drawings but HEY ... what does an old Grandma know about decorating anyway.

He also "decorated" his sisters first build ... she's not any to happy about that either.

Onwards and upwards ........................

Wellll, as life has been a tad hectic latley Mr Fling hasn't got that much attention but there has been a few postal packets arriving that are part of the "Musts" to do the interior :) so that is gooooood. Hopefully I will get a few minutes here and there over the three day weekend to come, yay! Hubby will be going on a business trip from mid Sunday so that will be something to do while he is away I think...

Hugs

Selkie, your grandson has vision! He may be a world renowned artist/decorator when he grows up - he sees what the rest of us somehow miss .... B) I hope your granddaughter can repair the "damage" to her Fling.

Everyone's Flings sound very detailed .... mine is going to look so plain in comparison ... :) ... well, it's what she and I agreed upon, so I'm not really all that worried - in fact, we're having a great time together ... now, what was I supposed to be doing? Oh, right - the wigging workshop. :D (heavy sigh)

So...This morning I went out to my little shop...Turned on the AC....Put on an old movie....Got everything ready to spend the day doing minis....& my pager went off !! :)

I got home all hot & tired, but still managed to spend some time out there.

Steve in PA

Well, my house is looking a bit on the odd side.

I drew a pic of before starting and it looked great in the drawing...maybe the devil will be in the details..I hope anyway.

I'll be finisheing the exterior ______ today, and then I need to start on the very daunting ______ tomorrow. At which point I can finish the ______.

I have very little time left. Oh nooooooooo

Monica, you're making me panic - I have spent a long time on the Fling already (when I could squeeze her in), but there's soooo much more to do!

Let's hope we all manage to stretch our time, in order to "finish" by the deadline. :banana:

Oh no Rosalind, don't panic!

I'm sure yours will be done in time. If we have to leave out some of the details, then that's what we'll have to do...

I'm freaking out because I made the house 4x's larger than its original size, and I'm working with mediums that are brand new to me, as well as complicated.

I'm also pretty sure that there will be around 20 entries of the same theme that I'm doing. It's one of the logical choices for the house. lol well, not that logical choice!

Good luck Rosiland! I know you'll get it done!

Sigh! I had to take the __________ off cause I forgot to put ________ on and then the _______ wouldn't fit back on.... I never have enough time to sit and work on it a few minutes here and there ain't cuttin it... Sooooooooo my plan for today is after work and rush home and change cloths and get

crackin'... Maybe then I can start on the _________ and then furnish it! We shall see...

This sure has been a great learning experience for me!