Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ha no clue how i going to finish the roof!! sheesh Done most of the other stuff tho =)

I don't think i going to win as mine is pretty simple compared with what i'e been reading ah well tho =) still fun

asherah

I'm having a horrrrribbbblllllleeee time finishing my roof. It's a lovely idea, but it's just so difficult to implement. The building is not going to work without the roof this exact way, so there is no changing it. ARRRGGHH!

Thanks Monica! :D

I hope to get cracking on it tomorrow. I think I know what I am doing with it, :D but I usually change my mind as I work and end up with something completely different, so it

s going to be a surprise for me too! :)

I am looking forward to seeing what other people make of the kit.

Although mine is simple, there are a lot of details that I want to include. I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to it yet - but I do hope to work on it a bit this weekend. :)

I'm intrigued by all the "blanks", and barest hints that everyone is giving .... I think we're going to see some wild, intricate, amazing eyecandy!

.... I think we're going to see some wild, intricate, amazing eyecandy!

I think we will be reaching the stars to say the least, I am not envying the judges this time either!

Hugs

I worked on mine today, plus worked on another mini project. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with the roof, but I think I have what I want now. I should be interesting to see what everyone does with it. :)

Steve in PA

Yay, found a few items I had been looking for and hoping the sellers will ship them real quick as I need my hands on them prior to building the ______ for those_____ _____ or it might be too cramped around to do anything much :) Then the building/creating of the accessories begin.

Hugs

Okay, I am going to do it. I am going to FORCE myself out of this mini slump that is creeping in and get working on the fling. I feel if I let this go to long, I will lose interest all together.

It is not the kit, it is Spring itself. So I am going to just DO IT! LOL

i'm with you Heidi :)..... i went to the craft room today...sat down...looked at the fling...he didnt say a word ...i left and watched tv ;)

i need to glue but i just cant get into it...i may need a small distraction i think...i won a chrysnbon organ on ebay so i might give that a go ;)

I did it. I forced myself to paint it. So I am done painting the exterior. Now I will pull out the window and door stuff and get working on that. I think once I get the outside done, I will be more inclined to get moving on it..LOL

I worked on mine yesterday & will head out there soon. They are calling for rain tomorrow, so that is a nice reason to spend the day in the shop. It is coming together nicely, but I am now into the part I hate most about doing minis.....sitting there watching the paint & glue dry !! :)

Steve in PA

I'm going to try a different approach to the roof today and see if that prototype works before I commit to the original plan. Feel like I'm going in circles here :) - I'm sure I will figure something out <soon I hope> Funny thing is, every time I sit down to tackle "the roof issue", I seem to find a little something else to do that has nothing at all to do with the roof. ;) ..ya think I'm avoiding somethin' here?? ;)

I'm with Heidi and Linda. I keep getting sidetracked, distracted and otherwise finding wastes of time when I should be flinging! You two have motivated me to get moving, thanks. I'll check in later to hopefully report some progress.

to Steve in PA, you're right, it's going to rain tomorrow. I'm in NW Ohio ... yesterday was 70+, today in the 50's, cloudy, and damp. A good day to mini!

Sympathies to everyone with "roof issues." I'm on my third idea/prototype ... hoping one, this one perhaps, will work before I end up destroying the thing! I went with the corrugated roof, thinking perhaps keeping the original kit roof would help to maintain the traditional look and feel of the house. Yeah. Good luck with that!

OMG I am having enough trouble with the house itself, ;) I am now dreading the roof.....

You have all scared me lol. ;)

I have to get moving on this one, but I have so much else to do in the real world. :)

Real world? Is there a real world out there? Just kidding .... unfortunately, that real world keeps impinging on my mini time also. I did fling a little today - I hope to get some more done this evening. (Knock on wood.)

As if the Fling's roof issues were not enough - my RL roof has issues too - in the form of "leaks" :rain: and the rain is suppose to continue here thru Tuesday...it just better not leak on my dh's or someone around here is gonna get hurt :D:)