Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

wow Chris well done :flowers: i just spent the last hour trolling through last years spring fling pics for staging ideas...now i'm more confused than ever and i havent even finished it yet :(

i must 'just do it' and be done with it :)

i must admit i did have fun even though its a bit stressfull here nearing the end :p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the pics can be a pain.

I think that is why I just got the interior shots done and chose the two that I am going to use. Now I am finishing up the exterior. I have to make a stop at the craft store today for a couple things.

It is raining and is going to rain off and on all next week. Dangit!

I need a nice sunny day to take the exterior shots so I can pick ONE that will be my third pic. Then I have to write out my story.

Congrats on getting it all done!

Thanks you two...I am relieved and a bit sad...it definitely was the most fun I have ever had mini-ing, and it is kinda sad to me that the fun is over for this one - BUT, I can now begin in earnest on the little lighthouse - so I guess I'm not all that sad :lol:

Hope all goes smoothly for you two and everyone else. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya'll that the sun will prevail over those pesky rainclouds and banish them until everyone is done. :yes: Good luck with staging, snappin' <pics> and stories everyone!

That reminds me...I didn't really do a story with mine...it was more like a short brochure <was that a small hint perhaps?> ;)

hmmm brochure :lol: and so the clues continue :yes:

i have been snapping away at the outside...saw what needed to be done and did it!!! woohooo and now to the inside...so hard to get good angles but i'm inspired to finish now ;)

Well...I'm really starting to freak now---the time is going so fast and I still have sooo much to do!! I really thought I"d be done way before the 20th...the day I"m going to Washington with my sons class! We'll be gone from the 21st to the 24th!! We get back the night of the 24th, so I might be pulling an all-nighter,lol!

One of the worst thing is that I"m waiting on an Ebay seller to send a couple ___________s---it's been a month!! I still have to build the ________ and the ________and the blank___________. And make the ________for the ____________and the _________for the ________ _________. That might do it for the interior...then there's all the "landscaping"....Yikes!!!

I have totally blown my budget, but oh well, like Ellen's daughter said ( a bunch of post ago).."At least you had fun" :lol: And I"m stimulating the economy via Hobby Lobby,lol :yes:

Got a question....I thought somewhere in these 30 pages of posts, I saw the answer to this, but now I can't find it....

I know the deadline is "by May 25th"....does that mean up to 11:59 pm on the 24th as "by the 25th", or do we have up until 11:59 on the 25th??

Don't mean to be "splitting hairs", but that one day may mean a big difference for me, since I won't be back until 930 pm on the 24th....

Sorry if it's a really redundant question...like I said, I'm getting a little anxious as the deadline appears lol

hmmmmmmmmm good question Cathy...i have no idea as i have always planned to get it over with long before the deadline because of the time differences...after all your 24th is my 25th or is it the other way around? and it would be the 26th when the cut off date is here but not there?.... :lol: ... or some such confusing thing... :yes: omg i'm going fling crazy i tells ya ;)

Curious how we started out so excited then got lax, disinterested, burned out, or simply ran out of funds. I walked away from my Fling at least twice for two weeks at a time in the eight weeks it's been here. I've pulled two all-nighters and managed to get a lot accomplished, but sometimes I think after the pics are in I'm taking Fling out to the driveway and running it over with my car! I sure that I won't; Fling will go to a church or charity fundraiser, but I'm sure it's the pressure of a DEADLINE. It's the "MUST HAVE IN BY ... " that's doing it. I've never entered any contest before, and am relatively new to the world of minis - being 'stressed' by such a lovely kit seems contrary to the hobby.

Fling will get done, the pics will go in. Then, I'll kick back and relax with a two-Pierce bash, a couple of off-scale Gothics, and some half-scales. It's all good.

Okay....I finished the welding & need to put the wheels on.....What !.....Sorry, wrong project !!! :lol:

I'm almost at the picture phase. I said almost ! A lot of touch up to do yet !

Steve in PA

It's been well over a week (feels like a lifetime) since I Flung. I've had a huge RL change that took my complete attention. (My dad died unexpectedly.) I thought that I wouldn't continue with the Fling .... but I'm beginning to think I could do with the "therapy". I may sit down with the little darling tomorrow, and see what we have to say to each other.

OMG! 14 more days to finish!

State of mini emergency!

I do not care if I have stuff to do housework wise. I must finish. Today preferrably. I have things to do on the exterior. I could have done them yesterday but I think Fred drugged me with the dinner he cooked. LOL

I was out like a light stuffed with fried chicken, baked mac and cheese (his is better then mine! who knew?) and salad.

Okay, must work on it today. Nothing else.

14 days!!!!!

i'm sick of looking at mine...i keep adding stuff...taking it away...adding something else....i need to bite the bullet, take the pics and be done with it :hehe:

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Rosalind :hehe:

Hope that a little Flinging will help....

Heidi, you're killin' me, lol...you got a state of emergency with 14 days, and your's almost done???lol....I've really gotta get moving!! Gonna be burning the midnight oil here the next week or so!!!

Heidi, you're killin' me, lol...you got a state of emergency with 14 days, and your's almost done???lol....I've really gotta get moving!! Gonna be burning the midnight oil here the next week or so!!!

Don`t you hear the emergency buzzer in the background? It is like China Syndrome in the MiniWorld!

I know I know. 2 weeks seems like plenty of time. But there are little pieces of wood to paint. 200+ pictures to obsess over. That blade of grass will not stand correctly in the foreground. Wood glue drips to pick off. Many many details need to be hammered out and there are only 336 hours to do them in.

Okay, I need to peel my backside off the computer chair and go back to the Fling. I think the paint has dried enough for another coat.

I have not had time to fling... I had surgery couple weeks ago and now having another one on Thursday! AK!! So not sure if mine will be done in time or not but lets hope I am off all next week so I have that time to work on it..

Rosalind you and your family are in my thoughts... A little fling might help with the distraction..

If you need a ear I am a click away!

I've been avoiding my Fling like the plague... I bit off more than I can chew as far as what I had in mind so I became overwhelmed. Although, on the positive side, I've gotten things done around my house that I NEVER get to.... spring cleaning, changing out winter to spring wardrobes, mulching, gardening, scrubbing the house siding (yes, really). But I think the procrastination has finally caught up with me, I was in a foul mood last night and I think part of it was me beating myself up for not trying to finish it. So... I sat in front of it last night and I think I can still manage to get something meagerly submittable by the deadline. Certainly not the extravagant ______ I had in my mind, but certainly some eye candy to share. Albeit a sour piece of candy!! :w00t:

Thank you for your hugs and encouraging words. I know that minis are the best therapy - but I don't think I can muster the energy for my dear little Fling right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Holly, I will do a mini memorial for my dad, but the Fling won't be suitable. I had a special mini project that I wanted to do and give to my dad - it will have to be a Remembrance project instead.

Hello All..and a special "Hello,and Condolences" to Rosalind and her family.

And as a wierd note to Susanne- my BFF was just dx with DM11 three days ago!!

Anyway I have finished my SF'09 project..unless I stare at it one more time and start tweaking again.....My broken camera has not made it back home as yet- talk about

nerves! But I have Faith,Hope and crossed fingers that it will be back in time. It's the only camera I know how to use with my computer..and that took some doing!!Not too savvy.here. You'll notice I have no pic in my file- have no idea how to send one in.. :wave:

I am pleased with my project, confident even-until I read some of the other comments and replies.Welding????? Steve in Pa- you made my heart stop for a second!! :)

What great senses of humor are out there!! Well, again, good luck to us all......

14 more days..14 more days..14 more days.. :w00t: