Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

I walked away from my Fling about two weeks ago ... it was crying: wanted this, didn't want that ... made me crazy! I was beginning to think I could care less if it was finished for pics or not ... thinking it'll be a cold day before I enter another contest ...

Today was beautiful. Accomplished more in one day than I had in the past three to four weeks. Roof, paint, exterior, most of the interior, and better part of the staging are all in place. In one day. Kicked a_ _!

Way to go! (patting self on back) Keep with the program! I've found that now I've completed some 'particulars,' I'm feeling better about the whoe project.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to the fine details ! Don't want to think about the photos yet. My camera isn't the best, but will do what I can. Is raining, so I guess I'll be forced to spend the day in the shop !! :)

Steve in PA

Hello All,

I too am just about finished with my SF'09. Still tweaking and tweaking.I do miss all

the masking tape I "built" with in the beginning- but my project does look better

all glued up. Am still waiting for my camera to be returned- it died.Phooey! But I

think it will arrive in time to get some pix to send..only three,huh?? Wow. :thumb:

Good luck to us all!

21 more days! Red alert Red alert!

I have so much to do..Ugh! Okay. I have it out and I am going to get off the computer right now and do what I planned on doing today. Hopefully I can get a big chunk done.

I know I can do this..Just have to stop procrastinating and do it!

I finally finished mine today. <whew> Now I just need to wait for a sunny day for some decent picture taking...and that could be a long wait around these parts these next few days :blink: Today the weather was great, but I wasn't quite done in time for pics. Oh well, I'm just glad the fidgeting and futzing part is done <but I'm bettin' I'll find a few things here and there that need tweakin' - always seem to..lol>. Now I just have to hope it doesn't get injured while we wait out better weather. It turned out a bit larger than I originally had planned <ruh-roh> and keeping it out of harm's way may be an issue :o :(

I am so excited to see everyone's "Fling's" - I have a feeling this year's entries are gonna blow the cork off. FLING ON.... :D

ROFL Steve!

I really hate sitting here watching glue dry!

I am almost done with the interior. I have to do things for the exterior..then I must wait for the grass to dry outside so that I can take pics. It has been raining for 3 days straight!

I have planned the way I decorated it with the 3 pics in mind. So I will have a little bit easier time choosing.

i flinged/flunged? :lol: all day today and got alot done...finishing up the landscaping tomorrow and dressing the inside...then pics...its so hard to have only 3 :(.....i wish i'd thought of positioning before i decorated!!! :p that was great forward thinking Heidi ;)

oooooooo well at least i can have as many as i want in my own album :) :yes:

I do have 2 questions :)

Is there a limit on the amount you write to send in with it?

and

can i release my own album before 25 may? or does it still have to be secret till the winners are announced in June?

Linda, if I recall correctly - some of us posted pics/albums before the deadline last year, when it was in the last 10 days or so I think. As far as story about your project, I don't think there is a limit on your description.

It is gettin' down to the wire :yes: :p

Wishing everyone great good luck!!

<p.s. - wishing I had had Heidi's forethought as well ;) - good thinkin' Heidi>

Gosh ladies. I'm no where near done!

Holy crud, I better get going....

I am with you there, still awaiting some cruical parts as I need those prior to assembling the -------- and the ------------ oh and I stiill need to find a c------- -------- and a ---------

:p but in general it is soooo neat to work with, we just decided on a window treatement for the upstairs, or rather to try out a prototype.

Hugs

I have been taking pics of the interior. I am done with that part of the house. I have so many I have to choose from and can only pick two. Then I will empty it out and finish the exterior.

I have much to do to the outside. I wanted to get the inside all sewn up and done so I could spend much more attention to the outside.

Learned from past Flings, you only get three pics so you want to put all your goodies in the same vicinity so that you can get them in the pics.

Today I'll be finishing up some of the ______ on the ______ today, and then it's down to the _______ for the ______. lol

I still have to do all the landcaping! Can you believe it?! Only a couple of weeks left!

Mine will be done in the last 30 seconds if I'm lucky but, I still need to finish in time to take my pics!!

Aghhhhh!

Still haven't gotten any good pics here <grrrr..> getting the whole thing in one frame is proving "fun" <not!>. That's what I get for not calling it quits much earlier :o The interior photos are easier, but outside is challenging. It'll be what what'll be I suppose...my little camera is not the best for a project like this, and I surely am not a photographer :) I was hoping to take it to a really nice area to set up a background, but moving this much would be distastrous methinks. I can just see some of my landscaping "blowin' away in the wind" - it might look a bit like Dorothy's house flyin' away in the twister :p I guess I could always title my project "The ______ ____ _____"; After the Storm! :)

Well, I was moving mine & dropped it & it broke into a million pieces !!! :)

Okay, okay.....That's not the truth ! :) I'm plodding right along watching the paint & glue dry !!

Steve in PA

:o very funny Steve!!

That watching paint/glue drying is exciting for the eyes, isn't it? Better than watchin' C-SPAN :) We here in Illinois watch the corn grow - it is mesmerizing - which could explain why a lot of people in Illinois are in trance-like state...hmmm <or it could be that we just received our property tax bills and are dumb-founded :) >

I was sick for 3 days and accomplished nothing!

Last night I made one accessory which will provide definition to the nature of my structure. It is not a thing of beauty and a joy forever, but it works for the purposes.

After looking at Ernie's catalog showing last year's Creatin' contest houses, I'm thinking of simplify an aspect of the interior decor.

I need some mini nails. Hopefully one hobby shop has some in stock, otherwise I'll have to order and await delivery. The local shop is supposed to have a Chrysnbon kit on order (about one month out now), but I'm loosing faith it will arrive in time - it's sister store says the manager is very lax in ordering. Another key prop element is out of stock too.

I did add on the ___ ___ and cut the ___. I just need to determine how long the ___ should be now.

The cardboard roofing is hiding. Hope it shows soon!

:( well, for better or worse, I sent my 3 pics in this morning..I couldn't take the pressure anymore, and just said "do it!" I could have tried for another 100 or so pics, but I guess I get frustrated too easily with it, and just called it a done deal.

So, now it's sit back and wait...I'm really glad the picture issue is over. I fret more about that than the darn project itself :flowers: , and am even more glad that there was sunshine and bright blue sky yesterday for picture taking <whew> Thank you Mother Nature!