Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

I bit off more than I can chew as far as what I had in mind so I became overwhelmed.

Boy, you and me both sister!

I have no idea what the heck I was thinking on this design but, I was clearly thinking I was a much faster builder than I really am.

14 more days is barely enough time for the minimum required stuff.

*sigh*

Well, I'm waiting for paint to dry now....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condolances to Rosiland and her family.

I am having trouble with my fling...not really with my fling per say but in my ability to pull off my interpetation (sp?) of what I want it to be. Last color choice for part of it. For some reason I am really nervous about this build. I don't have alot more to do on it but for some reason I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the last few things that I want to do. This past week has really had me stumped. O.K. off of the computer and back to staring at it.

:w00t: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Rosalind.

I'm sure the Fling project is least of your concerns right now...it will always be there when you feel a bit more up to it, and a remembrance project might be cathartic <sp?> as well when you get your bearings again.

Sending you BIG {{HUGS}} and hoping each day brings you a bit more peace,

Chris

Thank you for all the condolences. I have spoken with my Fling, and she has agreed to wait patiently. She's very understanding ... really, she only gives off good vibes.

It sounds as if a lot of people are nearing the finish line with their Flings - good luck to you all.

i arose....the sun was shining....fling shouted from the craft room....we met...we bonded....we took pics.....

so much for the romance....now i have heaps of pics but i see a flaw...ARGGHH...delete the pics and back to fixing it :flowers:

today i WILL finish the fling!!!!!

Rosalind - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Losing my father was a devastating blow: He was, and always will be, the 'first man' in my life. Fling will be there for you when you are ready. Know that you are loved and are never alone.

:flowers:

... Heidi (I think it was you), when you said "China Syndrome" I cracked up! Just think what the 24th will be like ... "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

I'm 80% done: 80% house, 80% landscaping. If I just sat down and did it, I'd be 95% done tonight! Even borrowed a digital camera (though it's owner neglected to mention that the shutter sticks and I had to start over) and got some shots of the build and various components for a gallery layout later. I'd like to think I'm 'plugging away' at it, but I'm not. The next all-nighter I pull will be 14 days (?) long .... :ohyeah:

:yes: its done its done :yay:

6 hours of flinging and i'm not going to change anything else...a promise to myself....as you know you can go on forever tweaking...no more i say!!!

:flowers: hope its sunny tomorrow for pics then email them off and its over!!! :( quite sad really...but loads of everyones eyecandy to look forward to now :ohyeah:

:flowers: Linda!

:ohyeah: Rosalind, are hearts go out to you and yours.

The earth standing still would work. Then we could have more hours to work on it.

The deadline! :yes: I'm just not ready! The wormhole ate my roof and the ____ ___ pattern. And there are several accessories left to build. Calgon, take me away!

:ohyeah: Hurray for Linda!! WTG!!

Doesn't it feel great to finish? Woohoo!!!

I am nearly chompin' at the bit to see pics of everyone's Fling :yes: :flowers:

Lynette, you'll get there! - and tell those pesky wormholes to buzz off for a while :yay:

I am done!

It was nice outside yesterday and there is plenty of rain coming in the forecast so I pushed it and finished. I took the exterior pics and sent it on it`s way.

I decided no more doing little bits each day. Just do it!

Good morning all !! I'm still just tweaking along. Every time I start on it I get called away. I'll never get it done. I have 3 projects waiting....I wonder if I could clone myself ! :flowers:

Steve in PA

Woohoo! Congratulations Heidi!! Another one crosses the finish line! :yes:

:flowers: Steve...here are yer clones and they are hoppin' to get goin', so get on it!! :ohyeah:

Lynette...if you really wanna write a dissertation, go for it....tick, tick, tick.... :yay:

You want to write your thesis on the complexities of a Spring Fling? Go for it!

I just decided to get it over with. That house has been staring at me and taunting me for weeks. I could have done more but I figured I would grab the chance I had and finish.

I also have an ulterior motive. I want to clean the diningroom clutter and then I want to start on the Pomeroy house. So the fling is out of my way now. I can concentrate on the months and months of work ahead of me with the monster dh on my diningroom table.

Wow, congrats to everyone who's done!

I'm waiting for you all to make your galleries public! :flowers:

I have not even put the pics in my gallery. They are just sitting on the computer.

Well, I WANTED to be finished by tomorrow.....My daughter and I ware leaving for Chicago Thursday for my sons college graduation. Yeahhhh, I'm sooooo proud of him. Oh, and trip to Think Small mini shop in Chicago! We will be back the 18th and then I wanted to do an Orchid...complete by the 25th for my brother from Texas to take home to put in his brand new grandbaby's room. Hmmmm, not sure if I can pull this off. Isn't it sooo sad that we have real life jobs! :flowers:

I have done the pics :)

250 down to 100 then down to 60 finally down to 25 and now i have the final 10!!!!!

i'm stepping away for lunch and more coffee :)

soooooooo hard to get 3...... theres 4 sides and 2 rooms!!!! :(

I'm cutting it close, but I had an epiphany last night and figured out what I am going to do with the exterior. Aside from finishing that today. I just have to position the house on the huge landscape and take pictures. I'm excited again. Good luck to all.

Finally! Some real progress!! I'm 75% done with the interior and it's components :p I'm 95% done with the outside....but have 100% of the landscaping left,lol. I know that I have to finish by Monday so I have a day or so for outdoor pictures....

I can't believe that our Wash DC trip is 1 week away!! We leave at 3am next Thurs am and will be on a nonstop tour until Sun afternoon...so I really have to finish soon!!

Can't wait to see the eye candy!!

Congrats Linda and Heidi!

I think that I will be one of those folks who presses "send" at the last possible minute... Exterior is mostly done, but the interior needs alot of work. Keep getting sidetracked with little additions or changes-- need to stop thinking!

(Okay, the exterior still needs alot of work too...)

I accomplished one task I've been puting off because I couldn't find any ____ to make ___ until I was at Harbor Freight to grab another saw. So I put all the ___ in the ___ ___, then put them into place.

I also made the ___ ___ for the ____ ___. The ____ ___ which doubles as the _____ is finished. The ____ only needs to have the ___ put on top. Which still leaves the ___ ___ and ______ as the only outdoor elements to be finished.

One remaining task is hanging the door. I have the hinges and doornobs.