Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

I finally tackled the roof yesterday - and was super happy when I woke up this morning and everything was still where I put it :banana: <was fearing it might decide to slide south overnight :o >...not quite done with it yet, but at least it looks as if it will work out the way I planned. Working in a medium I have not tried before, so it is a gamble. I hope to finish the roof today, then just need to finish a few landscaping things and place all the pieces on one board and "hook it all together". Kinda sounds like I'm creating a train, doesn't it? :yikes:

I'm really getting excited to see everyone's projects...hurry up May 25th!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a lot of exciting projects. Can't wait to see everybody's work.

I'm not going to be able to build this kit for the contest, but will work on it at a later date. Lots of real life stuff going on right now, and I'm having to spend a lot of time on other things. The kit (sadly still in its box) does cry out to me whenever I walk by, but I'm just having to ignore it.

I do love spending some time on this thread to read all the hints and chat about everybody else's projects. The end of next month promises some real photographic treats.

Good luck everyone.

Hugs

-Susanne

Susanne,

Do not feel so badly. RL has been getting in the way of my Fling too. I have a clear picture of what I want to do and I have done a bunch of stuff already..but it is no where near completion.

I need a really dreary weekend with NO plans at all except the Fling.

One of the major real life things I'm having to deal with is my recent diagnosis as a diabetic. I'm having a tough time getting my mind around this. The doctor has given me two weeks to self-monitor as he knows I don't believe it. Unfortunately, the results are speaking loud and clear.

I don't have time for this, my parents need a healthy caregiver. My sister's just not stepping up to the plate (good news is that she's moving back to Calgary in a couple of months). So its just my brother and me.

-Susanne

One of the major real life things I'm having to deal with is my recent diagnosis as a diabetic. I'm having a tough time getting my mind around this.

-Susanne

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

You want to know how I found out. I was at the ER for something unrelated..I cannot even remember what. But the ER doc just came up to me and said..You have diabetes. I think I almost fell off the gurney. Nice bedside manner huh?

Many of us on here have it and if you ever need a ear to chew off or any advice..you can ask me or anyone else. This is not the thread to do it but I thought I would throw it out there.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis Susanne - I don't suppose you'd like to take your mind off it and have a little Fling? I think we all know how therapeutic miniatures are - and the Fling is such a friendly little kit. :yikes: I hope you can come to terms with the situation soon - I'm sure it has you reeling at the moment.

tonight finished my flooring

yeaaaaaaaaaah

gotta to stain and paint and put the other wall up if I can remember what I did with it...

still a lot to do

I will make it though I have faith lol

Well, my _____________ is not moving along very fast. The shells are done, supplies either ordered or purchased, and the ideas are plentiful and the dreams for the completed _________ are still in tact. Wish we could buy "time" at the store like we do all our other supplies !!!

I have to figure out how to create ________, _______, __________, ___________________, and _________ still. It's such a cool plan but wowsers - it's just so hard to find the time to sit with it and work.

RL is such a pain !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne, there are lots of ways to keep adult-onset diabetes under control, and the best ways are diet & exercise, so get with a nutritionist who specializes in diabetes mellitus. Last weekend we were on a visit with DH's mom, "baby brother" & SIL in Sylvester, GA, and SIL (another retired RN) had just finished telling us about the brother's meds & how he was dealing with his heart problems and she announced that she had just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure & diabetes, and she has put both of them on her diet! FINALLY something is making DH's brother lose all that deadly weight! Be sure to get yourself proper shoes, to protect your feet & have a good cry or two, or however many it takes.

Minis are the way most of us de-stress from whatever physical/ mental/ social obstacles RL sets in our way.

Susanne,

I would be reeling too.My hopes and prayers are with you!! I did find The South Beach Diet book to be a wealth of eating info..has a pretty good glycemic list.Good luck!!

And for the Spring Fling....mine is so simple and primative.I hope it's okay.I'm not

planning on painting the roof-I hope that's okay,too. I'm the one who masking taped everything...and last night took it all apart so I could finish up and GLUE. Sigh..it

was more interesting with all the tape! LoL.Well, good luck to all of us.Can't wait to see the pix. Oh, and my digital camera is being repaired.Sure hope this all comes together!!

Later people......love and luck Susanne!! LLyn <_<

I've taken several pics during the process just so I can remember placement of items that I like before gluing/setting permanently <yep, senility moments are becoming more common here <_< :wub: > Of course, then I have to find the items in the pic again, as I move everything around so darn much, I lose track of most <lol> I have to say, this project has encountered more unstable wormholes than any others..

I finished the main roofing today - thank heaven thats done. For some odd reason, it was the only thing about this project that kinda threw me. It ended up being very time consuming, but I think the end result was worth it. Not perfect, but I learned a lot from the experiment and it's always fun to try new ideas. I still have to make a ____ for top of roof and trim out the ___ ___, but that should be a bit easier ;)

I posted a message about a half hour ago which divulged the true nature of my project!

I had two windows pulled up at the same time, one to respond to a message, and one to respond to a post. I got the two mixed up! <_< As soon as I realized what I had done I started pounding on the edit post button. It took forever to respond. Fortunately my server didn't crash until after the edit was complete, and only three members were on, so big relief!

Sorry you all missed it!

Mine is nowhere near done! I finished doing the ________ on the first _______ - now I have to do the same for the second _______. It took days for the first lot - and this is a detail that isn't particularly noticeable. Am I crazy? Oh, forgot who I was asking .... never mind! :idiot: