:angry: Craigslist Aggravation!

:) I am pretty put out about a listing I found locally on Craigslist. A lady had a partially constructed (and not very well at that) Cherrydale house for $99.00. I contacted her about it because I was curious if she had received many enquiries. She told me she had received ZERO enquiries and told me she would be interested in bartering. After we discussed some items, I rounded up several different groups and sent her pictures. These were VERY nice items and a good trade value, most still in original packaging. She turned her nose up at group after group. After yet another discussion, I put together a large group of Barbie items (again, many still in original packaging and in great condition . . . including a Holiday barbie). I sent her the pictures, thinking that surely that one would clinch it. She turned her nose up at that one, too! I finally told her I was sorry I wasted her time. She emailed me back and said when I get $99.00 (I don't even think the house is worth it, she's buggered up the porch and lots of pieces seem to be missing) to get back with her. Hmmm, maybe I am in a bad mood, but I wouldn't buy that from her NOW if she begged me to and drastically reduced the price!!! Her condescending attitude was a HUGE turn off for me.

You know i have had the same types of problems... The last house I seen on craigslist was a tiffani.. I enqired on the price and was told they were willing to negotiate.

Ok, the tiffani.. missing roof and porch pieces. She wanted $100.00 !! nothing done to it no paint, no wallpaper no extras. I wrote her and told her I thought it was little high.. being that it was missing some main parts. I offered her $25.00 which in all honestly was probably too high.. (was it?) also the house was put together with hot glue and big splinters were ripped from it... ok.... so I told her that was fine... then she went on to tell me it was superglued as well. Ok no problem... well, she got back with me a few days later and told me she would take NO less than $90.00 for the house. I let it go.!

Do you think I was in the wrong for telling her $25.00 ?

Kellee

Heck no, you were totally 100% right. I am absolutely positive the brand new Tiffani kit doesn't even sell for anywhere near what she wanted. I think the $25.00 offer was a generous, logical offer. I just don't know what is up with these people! Frankly, I wouldn't have even wasted my time with this woman I talked to except that the offer of a barter was HER idea. I actually felt like I was offering her way more than she was offering me. She can keep her house. After dealing with her, I don't want to have to talk to her any more. I am going to be utterly amazed if she can get what she's asking for it . . . especially since it's been listed for quite some time and I was the VERY first inquiry she has even had on it!!!

Just keep looking. There are deals to be had. All you have to do is look at my triple treat craigslist thread. I see houses all the time. Most are junk (cheap homemade, broken, missing parts), some are overpriced. I don't even respond unless I want the stuff.

$25 for a broken Tiffani is double what it is worth. Go to ebay.

It always amazes me at the prices that people for ask for a house that everyone knows came from a kit that is $20 brand new! Then act insulted because you know what it's really worth. I see house on ebay all the time that they are wanting thousands for and they look like crap! Are there really people who fall for this? Just thinking about it kinda ticks me off. :) I must be pms-ing :lol:

Hmmph, how rude! I was selling some 5 room houses one had one had a small garden with a side walk, and the other one had a covered porch, both hand made not by me by a cabinet maker. The only thing that really had to be done to them was siding on one exterior wall and brick on the other, supplies and some furniture were included. I listed them at a garage sale because i wanted room for my Garfield at 25.00 dollars each, Wall paper was done hard wood floors windows and doors included, some tile work done also with curtain, hand built, I actuality lost money on them but I wanted them to go to a good home, ONE offer for two dollars for the two! *^&(^&()(%^* Was i really asking to much?

I just saw a posting on my local craigslist for a Duracraft dh for $1000. They went on to say how rare it was, it would cost you a bundle to have someone put the kit together for you, etc etc.

They did not list which house it was and no pictures. Somebody is dreaming if they think anyone will pay that without some sort of better description.

Hmmph, how rude! I was selling some 5 room houses one had one had a small garden with a side walk, and the other one had a covered porch, both hand made not by me by a cabinet maker. The only thing that really had to be done to them was siding on one exterior wall and brick on the other, supplies and some furniture were included. I listed them at a garage sale because i wanted room for my Garfield at 25.00 dollars each, Wall paper was done hard wood floors windows and doors included, some tile work done also with curtain, hand built, I actuality lost money on them but I wanted them to go to a good home, ONE offer for two dollars for the two! *^&(^&()(%^* Was i really asking to much?

Wowsers, Corwin! I wish I had been at your garage sale! I would have been THRILLED to have gotten them for the bargain price you had them listed. I guarantee you I wouldn't have tried to get your price down! Plus, having seen your work on here, I know they would have been gorgeous! Darn, why am I never where I should be to find these treasures???

Wowsers, Corwin! I wish I had been at your garage sale! I would have been THRILLED to have gotten them for the bargain price you had them listed. I guarantee you I wouldn't have tried to get your price down! Plus, having seen your work on here, I know they would have been gorgeous! Darn, why am I never where I should be to find these treasures???

aww shucks, I really like them one was modern themed and the other was blue by the sea, I miss them, i might have pictures i can dig up. . . . I sold those before I joined the forum, other wise I would have listed them on here.

Heidi, I saw that same ad!!! I am constantly amazed at some of the things I see for sale on there. What gets me? Some of the 'overly' inflated prices on some things that a 'mini' person KNOWS what the original costs are. I totally understand paying for something, I just want it to be a FAIR price. Meaning, I don't expect it to be 'given' to me, at the same time, I am not paying an 'extremely high price' either. I think with the holidays coming, there will be more to be found listed.......

have any of you tried freecycle.com? i have found 3 dollhouses that needed tlc...now that is my kind of deal!

Ah, man . . . Freecycle is ANOTHER thing I can't get anywhere with. I signed on, carefully wrote down my user name and password, and yet . . . it NEVER knows who I am and it won't let me on. I have tried checking the upper-lower case thing, I have retyped my info . . . I even tried getting help from the Freecycle help center - got nowhere . . . finally, I said the heck with it. It's just too much trouble!

I found a San Fran for $35 still in the box. It was in another town, but I told the lady that I'd be in her town that weekend and could pick it up then. She said that would be fine. Then I tried emailing her and asking her where I could meet her to pick it up. I never heard from her again. If she found someone else to buy it sooner (which it was only 4 days away) or changed her mind, that's fine. But she shouldn't have ignored me. She had already told me she would hold it for me and meet with me that weekend.

Craigslist is just like ebay, you've got to be careful with who you deal with.

Well, now you guys got me curious...I have had my Woodstock listed, with no bites. It is built, with electrical. Listed for the cost of the kit...Be honest, am I asking too much??

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/901537142/urdqi

It's not too much - you've done a really lovely job on it. The only problem I see is that so many of us just don't have the funds available . . . it's not a reflection on you, your pricing, or the house itself. Times are just hard right now. I sure did enjoy seeing it, though!

I was wondering the same thing about houses I see on ebay and on Craig's List. I see some good bargains, but I also see so many horrendously over-priced houses it's not even funny. If a house is well done - and I mean really well done, not just some flooring and wallpaper - then it's worth the price. Those houses sell, so others must recognise the quality too. But I swear I've seen houses that probably sold for $50 as a kit get put on Craig's List and people are asking $500 to $1000 - and the house is only put together and then not even finished onthe inside. Even if a person spent $500 for the kit and another $500 in supplies decorating and putting it together, most people are looking for bargains. And especially for most of us here that can do our own work - we see a well done house and know we can get the kit for a quarter of the asking price and stil turn it into something we want it to be, not what someone else has done.