What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am going to TRY to get some housework done today. Everyone is going to help because the place is a mess and it is too overwhelming for me to do all alone. I have some pork ribs in the fridge that I am going to cook for dinner tonite. Something easy so I do not have to stand too long in front of the oven.

I wish I could sit down long enough to get some mini-ing done. I think that is what is upsetting me the most right now. I am in the MOOD and I have the Arthur to finish and a swap that I joined. I do not think I can do both. I still have the whole interior and the roof of the Arthur to finish!! Why did this have to happen now?

Oh well, I will try my best.

Fred is working this weekend so he will get the car so that I do not have to drive anywhere.

Going to go now and lay down and watch some cooking shows.

It's supposed to be filthy weather all day today. I shall be working on WO's porch so I can install the gable. In case no one has mentioned the obvious, I'm glad I built the wood version first! This is lots of FUN, and does he ever want to play! I showed DH the mylar ceiling that will be above the bed & he rolled his eyes & wandered off muttering to himself!lolol

So far this morning, I've downloaded our banking information, reconciled bank accounts, paid bills, filed payment records, ordered theater tickets for next summer from the local (and exellent!) little theater group, sorted out some mail that has been sitting on the desk for days (dare I admit weeks?) and dealt with it ... and watched the snow come down. It's a steady light snowfall, maybe 2 inches on the ground with another couple of inches predicted before it moves out of here in the early afternoon. Just a few more office-type activities to take care of, then I can head downstairs for the rest of the day to work on the WO. Woohoo!! <_<

Holly ... re WO ... what kind of glue are you using to adhere the mylar and wallpaper to the WO's plastic surfaces?

Assembling WO's windows & porch construction started. DH has been trying to find us a campsite for next weekend's hiking, also for the BIG hike in April (Panhandle Trace, 100+ miles in 9 days). We're under T'storm & tornado watches until Midnight.

Just got back from our new Hobby Lobby. The official opening is next Monday but it is open now. It is located in a part of Syracuse I had never visited and wow what a shopping destination. Nearly everything was 30 to 50 % off. Not much in the way of dollhouse stuff but enough other craft stuff to make the 90 mile round trip worth while. They did have several dollhouse kits but they were RGTs not Greenleaf. I found two bell jar display set ups for my LOTR figures and some Ceramcoat colors that I could not find at Michaels or Joanns. I also discovered an ACMoores nearby. We had dinner at one of our favorite chain resturants. Will have to go again sometime in the near future.

Got a little bit more wallpaper scraping done and a few more rows of skinny sticks on my floor. DH got home, the kids all went out, and we ordered Chinese take out. I could live on Mexican one day and Chinese the next. What a combination, huh?

Well, I didn't work on the WO today. After my morning of doing all kinds of household things, I thought a little nap would be in order. I woke up nearly 4 hours later. I guess I was tired. We had Chinese tonight, too. Lloyd took Xochi out shopping for hockey gear and they brought it back with them. How nice not to have to cook. :popcorn: Then once awake, there were phone calls and some internet searches to be done, not mini related, and now it's nearly 8:30 and I'm ready for bed again! Sheesh!

Tomorrow we're off to KC for lunch and to see Cirque Jungle Dreams, a musical/acrobatic/dance program with some friends, so there won't be much mini-ing done tomorrow, either. I'm experiencing some withdrawal symptoms! There's nothing on the calendar for Monday ... I hope to stake out the whole day for me and my minis!

I worked on some mini-knitting for a swap today, helped DH move some stuff in the basement, and had a nap. Also worked on organizing some of the photos for the hockey scrapbook that I have to get moving on for DS#2's hockey team.

More mini-knitting and photo sorting tomorrow, and probably another nap. I seem to do mini-ing best when no one else is home.

I had a productive evening last night and then today unfortunately was spent paying bills, clearing photos out of my computer onto CDs and some housework.

Now I'm opening/organizing some pots, pans and dishes (mini) I got yesterday then I will continue on my current display.

Here's what I did last night and why it was so productive:

I needed to make some Easter Eggs for my current display and thought I'd make some extra - I think I got a little carried away....

Believe it or not, just for fun, I counted these and there are 658 of them!!! :popcorn:

Right now I am re-thawing my hands and nose LOL as I ventured outside and pruned the mountain ash and collected a "few" of the smaller branches as those will be prepared and used in what will be a rather large wood pile cut in halves if I feel really really adventurous when they all are done... The freezing part one is done, now to allow them to thaw as well and "cook" as to get any nasties out of the wood :)

Sheesh, my shoulders are tired... :popcorn:

Hugs

We are going to get a mountain of snow today and tomorrow. 8-14 inches. Not 1-3 or 3-6...And the 14inches is for MY area! Oh well, I am glad I did all my shopping on Friday.

Fred and Nat went to the Guitar Center yesterday to hang out. They went to Home Goods next door and they bought me a new coffee cup. It says *I drink coffee for your protection* LOL

I did spend about five minutes yesterday gluing the last of the gingerbread on the Arthur. Now I need to *try* to start on the shingles. We will see how far I get when I can only sit for a few minutes at a time.

I am still stunned at the8-14 inches. I went to bed early last night and did not see the revised forecast before I went off to dream land.

Wish you could send the snow over here Heidi! Really wouldn't mind some more, and that much would mean no going to work, which would be great too! :popcorn:

We've got my sister and niece visiting, so just had pancakes for breakfast - yum! Now we're kinda chilling while we wait for her to be ready to get dressed. Don't mind waiting, means she's occupied :)

Trying to think what I can build with her. She's only nearly 4, so can't be too detailed, wonder if i can get her painting trim....

The trees are dancing far more gracefully & slowly than last night, and the windchimes have died down, but it's still a pretty sight & sound. Fortunately the Titan weather radar only shows much smaller discrete patches of light green to the West & no warnings or watches noted. The sky is gray, but not that mustard-y greenish cast it gets when conditions are right for tornados.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the WO. It's slow going, I can only take so much of the adhesive fumes. I started installing the windows last night. Today I think I'll work on the bay & some more of the porch. I'm having discussions with it on what to cover the slots with.

Pancakes sound great, Muriel, but we've already had them this week. I'm thinking hot biscuits with (turkey) sausage patties & sorgum and egg substitute omlets with fresh spinach and a little salsa.

I'm making biscuits and bacon right now. Then we go to pick out the pavers. Hopefully without a fight about the color! I will try to finish the wallpaper. I'd like to get one thing finished and with a little luck maybe the rest of my stick floor glued to the template?

Today I am going to do my best to make a huge dent in Imperium Draconis.

I've tiled the 1st floor, and have done the stucco on most of the 1st floor wall excepet the wall w/the front door. I have to cut a door hole for it 1st.

Here's the inspriation for it's exterior (which I lso may use on the Glouchester) and a pic of the spider chair I made for the shop :dog:

post-2364-1235922173_thumb.jpg

post-2364-1235922212_thumb.jpg

Monica that spiderweb chair is perfect!!!! And I think the Gloucester is a great choice for this looking at the pic!!!

So looking forward to following this build!

Hugs

I absolutely LOVE the spider chair! You could sell those, girl and make a pretty penny. I know I would check under my couch cushions to finance the purchase of one of them!

Sun's out and it's a lovely day here in the Heartland, if a bit nippy. (23 F at 10:15 am)

We're off in a few minutes to pick up Norma Jeane and friend Diane for a jaunt to the city (KC) to see Cirque Jungle Dreams and have a nice dinner out. See y'all later. :dog: