What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm finishing up the windows & doing some interior trims & started the bay on the WO. The fumes ran me out again.

Spinach lasagna tonight! I remembered to pick up a fresh wedge of Parmesan cheese at the grocery Friday.

Today we are staying inside. We had a bad thunderstorm and small tornadoes here yesterday and today it's snowing! I have a good three inches on top of my picnic table. Now mind you, it's March first and this is Central east Alabama!

HAve been eyeing the LE Arthur girls' bedroom... I made a kid's bed for it and sort of loved it but still there were something that bothered me... So I ripped of the corner posts, added new ones, smaller and a little of this and a little of this, now to let the glue dry and I will paint them to see if I like this version better...

I have also added the curtains in the kitchen, pretty happy with that LOL, made a pretty pleater mock up with BBQ sticks and sprayed it with starch...

Add a dry sink in the kitchen and all the pieces of furniture is there, then it is just the accessories left in there...

Hugs

I've started trimming some of the WO's rooms. Oh, is he ever a joy to play with! I made "bulls-eye" glass out of all the window panes with tacky glue except the octagonal windows that I hit with Gallery Glass paints. I cut a styrofoam block for the bed I'm building into the gable. The very longest thing it'll take me to make will be the poinsettia rug (mini thanks, Anna!), which I'll start ASA I finish the 1:24 rug for La Casita, which I'm stitching on today whilst watching the Vols beat the snot out of my 'Gators.

I found my lasagna noodles and my red sauce and my hot turkey Italian sausage and have them sitting out for supper later.

So much for my plans for the day! Just came back from a scrapbook party where all the parents of the hockey team players (with some input from thier son's) did one page each for their son to be put in the albums at the end of the year. Except for J-F's, which I will do here at home soon, I managed to get 12 of the remaining 14 pages. A hectic and tiring day, but it means only 2 parents to bug to get them done!

This now means that I have to split my time between the computer, mini-ing and getting the scrapbook for the team done. Guess I will have to limit my nap time during the day!

So welcome Holly, looking forward to seeing the poinsetta rug in your setting!

I painted the bed for the LE Arthur bedroom and we are soooo much happier now LOL

old version

post-90-1235940795_thumb.jpg

new version

post-90-1235940802_thumb.jpg

Hugs

Thanks Muriel, Mr LE Arthur is pretty happy but he thinks a chest of drawer in the bedroom might be to over crowd the room and I am inclined to agree LOL

But, I have found a HOM dry sink kit on Evil bay, the last piece I "need" to fill the furniture pieces in here, keeping fingers crossed as the seller is willing to ship over seas :dog:

Hugs

So true Holly, that is one thing I have noticed when trying to figure this all out, lots and lots of space is the key I think and muted colours blended with sparkling ones....

Hugs and thank!

I am up painfully early because of my leg. It does not hurt like before. This is a good pain. I pushed myself yesterday to finish the front section of the roof on the Arthur. It was coming out so good that I could not stop. I had to finish it! I am glad that I did. Very very proud dollhouse Mama this morning. The back of the roof will be a breeze. I have to pick off all the hot glue threads later on and then test out paint colors to see which I am going to use.

It is still snowing out there. Not Blizzard like but it is coming down steady. Last night it was said that it would come down at 2-3 inches an hour. I think they are correct in that assumption. I could not open the screen door to the front door without pushing because the snow has piled up against it! There is at least a foot of snow out there now and the storm is not supposed to stop until this afternoon! We are expecting an oil delivery and today is trash day. We forgot to put the recycle bucket out last night. It will be interesting trying to do that today.

No work for Chelsea and Fred, no school for Natalie. I think we will have a game night tonite. I will make some nice yummy things for dinner (with Fred`s help) and we can play a board game for an hour or so. We like to play board games together. Especially word board games. We all get kind of silly.

So I will enjoy staring at the Arthur, make some breakfast this morning, and take a nap this afternoon.

Greg, How much snow did you get?

Monday morning blues here-we start our state testing this week, as well. But DS got the retaining wall built yesterday, so I have a ton of plantings to set out when I get home. That's something to look forward to! I'm excited about how good it's looking and really will once we get the vines growing over the edge and the ground cover spreading. Next he starts paving the porch area. I hope he gets it all done before he goes to work again!

Monday morning blues here-we start our state testing this week, as well. But DS got the retaining wall built yesterday, so I have a ton of plantings to set out when I get home. That's something to look forward to! I'm excited about how good it's looking and really will once we get the vines growing over the edge and the ground cover spreading. Next he starts paving the porch area. I hope he gets it all done before he goes to work again!

I am so JEALOUS! Waaaaa! I want to have plantings set out for me! I want to get my knees dirty. I want vines to grow over the edge too! But NOO! Old Mother Nature decides to shake her dandruff all over our area. She needs a big ole bottle of Head and Shoulders!

Twice a year I go in for a pacemaker checkup, and today's the day! (whoopee) At least maybe the gorgeous young cardiologist will remember to have pictures of his twins to show me!

My back is really aching today so I'm hoping to leave work early and lay in bed and see if I'm capable of doing minis in a reclining position. :p If not, I'll decide on a name for the Buttercup and design the sign which has been waiting for me. It's also waiting for hardware, since the eye hooks that were supposed to be included are not, and I can't find any that tiny!

I'd really like to start the room box for a friend, so I'm hoping I'm more capable of being industrious while laying down than I realize. :D

My evil plot to kill my hubby and burn down my house has failed :D

this morning the house is cold so as any normal wood burning home who needs a quick fix while the stove get going does I started the laundry and dishwasher and put a box of color the grey on my hair. time to rinse...but before I do I decide to put a big pan of water on to boil while I shower.

dishwasher and washer done by now....DH is getting dressed and putting away his laundry in his room....Im showering...no pressure(sigh) so I yell for hubster go turn off dishwasher...gotta have good pressure to get dye outa yer hair....so than I hear a bang...like the door to the dishwasher fell down kind of noise...than in comes the hero..."HONEY...big disaster in the kitchen!" :lol:

I guess because I was to lazy to move the skillets off their burner to boil water that I used the other side and than turned on the WRONG burner....to which I had just unloaded the dishwasher to...glass baking dish,glass mixing bowl and 4 plastic cereal bowls...see where this is headed??

He walked into a kitchen full of smoke...grabbed his woodstove gloves,turned off the burner to which the glass baking dish was adhered to and grabbed the bowl and headed outside....

open door...COLD AIR!...shattered the bowl in his hands as plastic went all over my back steps(not sure how to clean that up) as he stood up from putting bowls down quickly the COLD AIR hit the baking dish on the stove and it EXPLODED all over the top ove my stove...which was the noise I heard because I was in the SHOWER!....now my house reeks of plastic the dog is outside shivering because I worry about the fumes on his lungs...he has his sweater...and a blanket on the cushioned swing...and I am sitting here freaking out at myself!

does anyone wonder at all now WHY they call me Nutti???

I wish I could claim old age(44) but the poor simple truth is this is the kind of thing I do to myself!

like wanting to go forward in the car and putting it into reverse and slam into the car behind me

Ive done that 4 times in my driving carrer and yesterday was one.

Im a danger to myself and others... :p

side note...my hair turned out nice :)

nutti :)

Nutti, honey, those glass dishes really don't like cold air when they are hot, do they? :p I've broke a few before too! Glad the husband didn't get hurt by the exploding glass! Hope your day goes better now! Glad your hair turned out well, I need to do that too! :D

I wish I could claim old age(44) but the poor simple truth is this is the kind of thing I do to myself!

like wanting to go forward in the car and putting it into reverse and slam into the car behind me

Ive done that 4 times in my driving carrer and yesterday was one.

Im a danger to myself and others... :p

Gee, I am 44 now, too, and I find myself doing dumb things with the van, also, like trying to get out of a parking spot and taking another car with me. Not funny for anyone - I was scared about what to do and what my husband would say!

Yep, I think that I should start wearing a hazard sign. :D

We got the bulbs for the hostas in the ground and ground cover planted, monkey grass in the back. I have moss to plant between the bricks and then it will just have to grow. He started on the paved entry, tamping down the ground to get ready to lay bricks. I am soooo excited about it, even though I haven't got any work done on the dh! As hubby says, save it and in a couple of months it will be too hot to go outside and I can work on it again then-lol!

Twice a year I go in for a pacemaker checkup, and today's the day! (whoopee) At least maybe the gorgeous young cardiologist will remember to have pictures of his twins to show me!

Hope everything went a.ok.

I saw the LPN, she said this wasn't my time to see the doc, that's next appointment. However, all went well. I sat back & crossed my feet on the cot while she speeded my up to 160 and slowed me down to 40. My weight was 'way up (for me); I made homemade lasagna last night & subbing Egg Beaters for whole eggs didn't matter diddlysquat with all that CHEESE! OMG, I love the flavor of fresh-grated parmesan cheese! and our salad was artichoke hearts, tomatos, black olives & FAT-FREE feta cheese crumbles (you see where this is going...). I was a BAD girl. However we shall be hiking all weekend, beginning Friday, and possible bike ride Thursday, so I'm not totally hopeless.

Nutti, I nearly fell on the floor reading your day. Poor Dean! Poor dog!

I have started the stairs for the WO. I got the trims up in the livingroom; still trying to make up my mind what I want to do upstairs.