What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

My condolences, Kathie, to you and Lloyd. They say that bad things come in threes. Well, you've had three now. Let's hope this is the end of sadness for you both, and I wish you only happiness for the rest of the year -- at least!

Oh Kathie, sending my condolences and prayers your way, sounds like a rough way to start the year.

I finally have a craft room!!! Terry was amazing and built me some really good sized benches and my furniture hoarding from my grandparents home paid off as I can use the drawers in my room. I'm slowly pottering in it and organising it as it's my plan to dry build my Fairfield after my surgery (I'm having it on the 18th) so it can chat away to me as I finish my Magnolia. I can't wait to be able to get back to building and to use my new room properly. The flip side of having my new room is that my youngest is moving out (the day after my operation) but as much as I'll miss him I'm happy he's spreading his wings and that he has sensible flatmates.

Kathie,Since every one has their own way of mourning,the only comfort I can really offer is they all lived long and hopefully happy lives. You were all blessed to have each them with you as long as you did and now have so many wonderful memories,I'm sure,that will help guide you through those harder days when y'all really miss each of your loved ones. Take good care of yourselves.

Today was another pretty day, so after the grocery run we got to do the etching on the workshop's cement floor, and rinse it. We'll give it a few days to thoroughly dry and the next spate of pretty weather we can [aint it! :happydance: We FINALLY got the camper (with new graywater tank!) Friday and have begun planning future trips.

• Like 2

Today I was able to have a nap for an hour and made a pot roast in the crock pot. My son wanted dessert and we're very low on snack food of any kind so I made him a quick jam tart. Basically strawberry jam between two bread slices and cut into a circle with a glass. He was thrilled lol. Tonight I want to work on something, what I don't know. I may just take a bath and rest up. I have a very busy work week coming up.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago my 90-year-old cousin George died. Three days ago our dog of 14 years died. This morning Lloyd's Aunt Yvonne died, one day short of her 92nd birthday. I don't mean to equate people and pet deaths, but this sure does seem to be setting up to be the year of the funeral.

It seems to all come at once. Your cousin and your Aunt sure did live long lives. I'm sorry you had so much loss already. Maybe this will be the end of it for a long time. ((hugs))

Anytime is mini time for me! I am so close to finishing the build but I want it to last too! :p I take weekends off!

I am guessing this is like reading a good book. You can't put it down, but then you're afraid you'd be lost afterwards.

• Like 1

Kathie,

I too am sorry for the losses you are facing lately. One death, even a pet's death, can be extremely hard, so three personal losses is bound to have its impact. I am living with three seniors, my mother, father, and aunt, and all of them are in their 90's. I have been lucky with them so far, but when I lose one, I am afraid the other two won't be far off, as that's how it is when people get older and become more vulnerable. I also lost found the loss of my dog to be devasting; so your post hit home on all levels. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Today I made an ice box pudding cake from grahm crackers and cooked pudding mix. I layered the grahm crackers in an 8" x 8" glass dish and poured first the chocolate pudding, then vanilla with more grahm crackers between the altering layers. It has been a family favorite for years, so if I find anything like this dish in miniature form, it will end up on my dining room table.

Tonight I watched the Grammy's Tribute to the Beatles' 50th anniversary of the night they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. With all the Beatles paraphernalia in my dollhouse, I am sure my miniature family watched the same show.

• Like 1

Oh,Maureen,wasn't the tribute just fantastic?! I was only 7 that year,but by the time I was in junior high school,they were firmly rooted in my childhood memories. My 22 year old absolutely looooves The Beatles,and has since he was about 16,so I know he was probably watching it at his apartment. I've made him 'Beatles' pillows,and 'Beatles' wallhangings from fabric printed with their faces and song lyrics,and bought books or anything 'Beatles' I can find! :)

My older son whom I live with watched the program with me,and it's the first time I realized just how much he loves them,too! He was singing along with me to the songs and naming his favorites. We had a blast watching and learning a lot of things I didn't already know about them,some of it from Paul and Ringo firsthand. Just a really nice,decent,well performed program.

Makes you nostalgic for the 'good old days',when the older folks thought those 4 young men were as bad as it gets!!(They are probably rolling over in their graves at the young 'performers' now!!) I was the odd one among my junior high girlfriends,because while most of them went cuckoo over Paul or John,I was in love with Ringo!LOL

I will be rearranging the craft room again ! LOL ! A coworker of mine gave me some shelving that will hold my completed dollhouses !!!! I am so excited. I can finall display them, I hope. I really need to use the vertical space of the walls, so I am hoping to work on this sometime this week. Not sure I can build them alone, as I believe it will probably take 2 people. If so I will have to wait. :(

I am getting ready to pull out a house, not sure which.... I want to do the Franklin rehab, but I also want my McKinley done. Decisions !

Kellee

I thoroughly enjoyed the Beatles tribute, too, altho I noticed the cameras didn't pan at Paul & Ringo while Katy Perry was not quite remembering the tune!

Ringo was my favorite, too, but I was 13 when they hit the USA. Side note, my dad's job as manager of the athlethic field house at the university also included scheduling the concerts held on off basketball weekends so the on-campus students had an activity every weekend. He had booked this unknown musical group in the summer of 1963 and asked If I'd heard of them. (No, I had not.) They were supposed to come in early March, but after the Ed Sullivan show they cancelled all small venue performances.

He scrambled and found another group--The Lovin' Spoonful--also unknown at the time. I got a photo with Jerry Butler, and the whole group was very sweet, clean and young!

• Like 2

In 1964 DH & I had been married and out of uni nearly a year. I wore my hair in a short "Shag" and I remember one evening we were shopping and a little girl started pointing at me and squealing, "Mommy, Mommy! That lady looks just like a Beatle!" DH still cracks up thinking about it!

I think later on I might move the dehumidifier from the camper to the workshop to help the floor dry out for painting later.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words and condolences. They are much appreciated.

On Sunday I will be taking the train to Atlanta to spend a couple of weeks with my sister, who will be recovering from surgery to repair a herniated disc in her neck. Lloyd will be driving to Houston that day to spend some time helping his sister, who is recovering from a partial hip replacement. It appears that we have now entered the age when nearly every conversation eventually becomes an organ recital.

• Like 1

:rofl: Drive safely, both of you! And tell your sister I said HI!

Will do! Ever since our train trip to California last summer I've been itching for another. I'm sorry that Helen's surgery is the reason for the trip, and it is not an over-nighter, but I will still enjoy the ride.

I had a great day yesterday! It was nearly 60 degrees out here in northern New Mexico in February???? Very strange winter we are having. Anyway, we went out for a drive and ended up shopping in some tourtist type shops here and there. I got a beautiful new leather handbag and then we went and had home made ice cream.

I never eat ice cream because I can't have the store bought stuff but this place makes their own and I was able to eat it!!! :) Last night we watched the Beatles tribute for their 50th year anniversary of being on the Ed Sullivan show......I love the Beatles, always have, always will. Yeah yeah yeah........:)
Have a great week!

• Like 1

Kathie, I am so very sorry for your losses and I will include all of you in our prayers. Hopefully, you've gotten the sadness out of the way for the year.

The weather...weird everywhere. We have snow and ice right now.

The Beatles- I was born in '61. My clear memories begin when I was 7 months old. I remember watching The Beatles on Ed Sullivan and the Kennedy assasination coverage. I also remember being able to see rockets go over my house as they traveled into space. There were several people in my life here and there who were/are famous as I grew up in So Cal and my parents were quite social. It was normal to me to see people I knew on tv, see myself on the news, in newspapers...it sure was a different and more magical time. I think that has something to do with my love of dollhouses. It takes me back.

So I totally missed the Beatles tribute. :(

On the bright side- we bought a "new-to-us" car! Well, technically we'll buy it tonite...but nonetheless, it's a beauty! A 2011 Nissan Maxima! Our 2000 Honda Accord had the misfortune of the transmission giving out last Friday, so we had to make that difficult decision to move on. thanks, Honda, for 14 great years of service!

In between car shopping and watching the Olympics, I have been methodically working on repairing the tower roof to my San Fran rehab. My first attempt was a fail because I cut the inner support ring too large. SO, I took it apart again. I made an adjustment to the support ring and this time it looks much better. Now if I can only find where I stashed the finial for the peak....

• Like 1

..well, we're movin' again - this is a good thing tho!

The closing is Valentine's Day eve. Our new home is a ranch style.

We should be all moved in that weekend.

Can't wait to unpack all my tools & supplies & set up shop in the basement - lots & lots of space!

We're :banana:so :pepper:excited!!

• Like 4

Jackie,Congratulations on the 'new' car-I hope it will serve you as well as the Honda did!!

Mike,Congratulations on the new home-I hope y'all have many happy years there!!

Part of me envies y'all,as I'll never see either of those things in my life time,but the better part of me is jumping for joy for each of you!!:D:banana:

• Like 1

Spent the last couple of weeks taking out my frustrations crocheting , furiously stitching away ! Have one afghan almost done and a second over half way . Pulled out my HBS contest kit and opened it , it's speaking to me already.

• Like 1