What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I truly understand what you're going through, Stacey. I'm so glad that you did, in fact, get an earlier appointment. All the advice given here is correct... hissy fits work!!! Even if it's just to get you off the phone, they'll give you whatever they can! The last thing they want is to have an unhappy patient tell the doctor what a hard time they got from the front desk. Whatever works : use it!

My pulmonologist referred me for palliative care, for which I had gotten an appointment for next Tuesday. Just got a call from that office, saying that the doctor had back-to-back meetings that day and could they reschedule me for the following week. Well, I just said that I was sure that those meetings were far more important than any palliative are they might offer me; got an appt for Thursday (2 days later) rather than the following week. Point is... don't let them walk all over you! If you're not happy, let them know! And if the pain doesn't subside, keep calling, Stacey, to see if they had cancellation -- even if you call every day.

Roxy, what a very sweet thing (pun intended!) that you did. There is NOTHING like chocolate to soothe both the body and the soul. I've always said, however, if it wasn't for chocolate, I'd look like Twiggy (for those here old enough to remember), and believe me, I look nothing like Twiggy!!! I am partial to milk chocolate, though, in case anyone is sending <laughing>!

• Like 2

Stacey, gentle hugs. Keeping fingers crossed that you get an appointment asap!

I'll be taking the train back to New Orleans on Sunday. My sis is now permitted to drive locally and take off the neck brace to sleep but has to keep it on while she's up and about during the day for another two weeks. She really missed being able to drive. I was relieved of my chauffeur duties before we left the doctor's office. Lloyd is delighted. According to him, he and half the residents of New Orleans have missed me dreadfully.

• Like 1

Lloyd is delighted. According to him, he and half the residents of New Orleans have missed me dreadfully.

Aw, that's so sweet and so very Lloyd to feel that way. He's a darling and it's obvious that he thinks the sun rises and sets in you. It's great to hear that your sister is doing better after her surgery! It must be a big relief for her to get her life back.

I overdid things yesterday when I decided to clean the master bathroom so today is going to be a very laid back day with minimal movement. But the good thing is that it's an in-suite bath so I can lie in bed and see my sparkling results from here (it's very satisfying to gaze upon the results of hard work). I decorated that room in Art Deco so there are lots of mirrors and crystal and sparkly geometric shapes to look at and for someone as easily entertained as I am, that's about all I need. :lush: Candlelight flickering on faceted crystal is hypnotic, especially when one is soaking in a comfy tub which makes it the most relaxing thing in the world for me. Yes, it's true. I'm a bath junkie. :snorkel:

Deb

Aw, Deb, I'm the same way, except that I started in my bedroom and am carrying it into the bathroom. Isn't it a nice feeling, just sitting back and enjoying the rewards of your hard work? Show us pictures!

I made a rough collage showing the (approximate) color scheme in my bedroom (yeah, it does wake me up in the morning!), the new window treatment, and my new linens. I don't make changes that often, but when I see something I love, watch out! That's what happened with these linens! I bought an extra flat sheet to make a shower curtain with, but haven't gotten that far yet. I took a screen grab from the vendor's site, so this isn't entirely accurate... I don't have steps leading to the bed, but I do have a black wrought iron bed with copper highlights, and put up a glossy black shabby chic mirror and matching candle sconces. That's as far as I've gotten! I can't overdo anything because I just can't breathe! So, this is it for now. I had help -- lots of help -- from my daughter when she was up here last, putting up the curtains, and hanging the mirror, etc., so I'll wait until she comes up during spring break for the rest.

_BedroomCollage.jpg

Between my minis and my majors (RL bedroom and bath), all I hope for are good days when I feel well enough to work on these assorted projects. I'm really good at ordering stuff on line! Very little exertion that way <laughing>!

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement, I called the doctor's office today and asked if other were any cancellations and

* drumroll please* I have an appointment this coming Wednesday! :) I am so happy, the ball is rolling!! :D

• Like 8

Finally Stacey! I am so happy for you!!! :bear:

I drove into town, got into a traffic jam so a 30 min trip to the bank turned into 2 hours :(

I decided I am still adding little touches to the Orchid. A good way to see what a house needs is to take pictures. :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

• Like 1

..... * drumroll please* I have an appointment this coming Wednesday! :) I am so happy, the ball is rolling!! :D

Yahoo !!!!!!!! I SO happy this is working out for you. Yippee Skippee and all that good stuff.

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Good news, Stacey! DH & I decided earlier this week to out for lunch today, and went to our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant. The finisher man just called back and DH is on the phone with him about an estimate for doing the interior walls of the workshop.

Sandy,I always enjoy reading how active and bubbly you are,even with your health limitations! (And I looove your new linens-so Spring-y and cheerful!) I love the little 77 year old lady COPD* patient I work for and am proud to be useful and needed,but she could do more if she just tried and wanted to. But she just sits in front of the TV all day,from morning til evening,having everyone wait on her. She won't go anywhere with relatives or friends and doesn't have visitors-mostly by choice. She won't try handwork or puzzles or even reading,etc. and it's just so sad and depressing. I have seen her go without her oxygen and I know how ambulatory she is when she thinks no one is watching,so it's just hard for me to understand why she has just given up living life and would rather be waited on hand and foot. Okay,venting over!

My tiny 79 year old mother has 2 shot knees,a pacemaker,survived 2 strokes,and while she doesn't canoe and hike like Holly,she outruns me every time we hang out together,which we did last evening-whew,tired me out!lol We are going to lunch together tomorrow. I better put on my runnin' shoes!!LOL!

Stacey,that is wonderful news!!

Roxy,can't wait to see the Orchid pictures!!

Jackie,I hope it isn't too painful!!

Holly,I know you are tickled!!

Edit: COPD*-chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

Can't fuss about someone else if I do the same thing!(Explanation in my next post) :D

• Like 1

Kat, your momma is only 7 years older than I. DH & I hike with friends older than us (paddle with them, too); but I think I'm the only one with the pacer in that bunch. I'm sorry your LOL client seems to have given up. A lady who use to work with DH retried and went home and sat on her porch for about six months before she upped and dropped dead. I firmly believe that if you don't use it you lose it; but I have almost died three times and each time was told "not yet" and back I came and here I am. DS#3 has called me the Timex Watch ever since the auto wreck the police report wrote me up as dead. I'm glad I got the ER to call DH before the cops did!

• Like 1

Glad you got a better appointment Stacey!

I survived the first week of work, but it was brutal. Besides getting hit from five different directions by all five attorneys, they use half a dozen software programs to run the office, so I'm trying to learn a lot of different ways to do the same thing repeatedly. At least I work with a great group. I wasn't worth my salary this week, but I hope to get up to speed soon.

• Like 2

I survived the first week of work, but it was brutal. ..... but I hope to get up to speed soon.

Congrats on surviving the first week. I'm sure you'll catch on quickly with as smart as seem to be. Just think by summer time you'll be on autopilot and wondering what to do with your leftover time.

Just got back from Vero Beach, Fl. My niece is spending her spring break from Villa Nova U. at my beach cottage In Vero. Actually its across the street from the ocean, but just a football field's walk to the beach. They are driving down from Philadelphia today and should be there tonite. I'm being the nervous aunt right now. Anyway I went up there for a few days to do some cleaning and minor maintenance. So I took some pics of it all shiny and clean. I wish I had gotten more pics but I left my charger home.

Okay,Holly,you simply have to remember not everyone knows all the acronyms you use! :) League of Legends and 'laughing out loud' are the only two I found on Google,for LOL client and LOL. I'm just a caregiver for the elderly. I am not a professional or with any sort of service. I do what I do through word of mouth,because I'm good at it and it's good for me. So,please do tell me what that stands for?(Okay,Sable figured it out-see post below :doh:)

If my mother didn't have a pacemaker,she still couldn't hike,or canoe,even if she was interested. She never learned how to swim and her knees are gone. She's afraid to approach surgery,because life is complicated by the fact she takes Coumadin. The knee doctor said years ago he'd work with her when she was ready,but...

Jeremy,bravo for getting through the first week! Bless your heart,I know it will get better and am so glad you have a good group to work with!!

Edited by kat57

Kat, I wasn't suggesting anyone my age ought to be as active as we are (and DH=dear hubs), although both our family doctor and my cardiologist are envious; but as we age some level of physical activity that gets us outside and moving keeps things working. Osteoarthritis is turning my knees & hips into crapola, which is why out of my yard I use a cane to keep from falling over. When we just sit our bones leach out the minerals that keep them strong; since osteoporosis (holes in our bones) is a major problem of advanced maturity just sitting or lying down is probably not good for us.

Yes,Holly,that's why I am going to try to be more active myself. My mother always has been a little go-getter,but the darn knees slow her down. I wish she would use a cane or walker,as she has bowed legs now and is chronically in pain and has to be very careful walking. But,she refuses to use either. She only takes acetamenophen-Tylenol-for pain,as she cannot take other common over the counter pain relievers and won't take anything that is prescription. I keep hoping she will talk to her doctors and see if it could be managed that she could safely have the knees replaced,but she has to want it....

The 94year old mother to the lady I work for now was as healthy as can be,except for her dementia. She was a hard worker her whole life and was very socially active-the opposite of her daughter. I constantly had to remind her she couldn't get on her riding mower and cut the grass,because right up until she started showing signs of the dementia(Was not diagnosed as Alzheimer's),she was doing it and all her yard work. I really admired her!

I'm making a birthday cake for my niece today. A panda bear shape. Hope it doesn't get thrown across the room. I'll post a picture later. Hope it turns out okay.

We are having some work done on our house this weekend. A few weeks ago they came and demolished most of 3 rooms. Now they are getting out back together, including all new bathroom fixtures. Yay. Then I'll paint, and then we will get all new floors.

I won't be doing much today as I overdid it yesterday and man my back and hip hurt like crazy today, but it was worth it. :) I finally got to the second hand store and got the cutest little metal old fashioned phone and two packages of picket fence and some wallpaper for my houses, an old glass lamp base,and a cookie jar that I'm going to fill today with some chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. :D Then I was off to Erie and my first stop was Hobby Lobby and I got the only Orchid kit they had for 40% off, then Dollar Tree, next was JoAnn fabrics and I got scrap book papers for 25¢ each,Salvation Army ( I call it Sally Ann's, makes it sound like a fancy store) where I found the perfect lamp shade for my little glass lamp, then AC Moore where I got some minis and some fairy garden stuff. I got to the truck and debated on going to Michaels but I was just done for, so I'll get there the next trip.So I have all sorts of stuff to keep me busy for awhile. :)

I was tired less than half way through your travels, Stacey!!! You sure did cover a lot of territory -- not to mention all the walking through each of those stores!

• Like 1

Oh those concrete floors are the killer for me. Ten minutes on one and I'm close to tears. I'm amazed that you made it through all those places. Congrats on the good haul.

• Like 1