What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thanks Mandy. Our local health food store carries it but not the regular grocery store.

I can honestly say, I have not acquired a taste for it yet. They tell me it takes time to develop a tolerance for it.

I'm not a tea drinker in the first place of any variety so this is a challenge but I'm trying.

This is very strong and campfire-ish in it's presentation. Not an altogether pleasant aroma for me.

It reminds me too much of the smell of meat cooking in the woods and I'm a vegetarian so it's playing with my mind too.

I'll try some more since it's supposed to be good for you.

I hadn't thought about that because I rather like that smokey aroma, but I guess it can require getting used to. I just add, maybe a drop of milk and a half teaspoon of sugar, and then just inhale the steam until I can drink it. I think the steam has the most healing power!

Yes, it is strong... is it because I'm a carnivore that I have no problem with it? Maybe. I'm pretty sure there is no meat in there, so you can rest assured on that count ;~)!

:note: :wish: Happy Birthday to you......Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to Maureen..........Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Maureen, I lived in NJ for about a year in a half in Ocean Grove. Talk about a town full of dollhouse inspiration!!!

Selkie, I am sorry you have the coughing plague....I had it last week and the week before....I think I coughed up a lung but I am doing better this week.....I hope that you feel better SOON!!!

:suck: Off to do what I was suppose to be doing this morning! I said that I was only going to shingle the Orchid roof for an hour......well.......3 hours later..... ;)

Happy birthday, Maureen!

Make sure you can still take those lights down when you need to change the battery! Remember how unforgiving hot glue is!

I bought tiny magnets (I think at Michaels), and glued one to the light and one to the ceiling in front of the shop door in my SF build, and that allows me to take the whole thing down -- much easier to turn it on that way, too!

Okay, I got my gun, now I can take care of my family. Before anyone gets too nervous, let me remind you it's a glue gun, and I can take care of my dollhouse family by gluing lights to the ceilings so that they can find their way to the bathroom in the dark. The last thing I need to hear is the pitter-patter of little bodies rolling down a miniature staircase in the middle of the night. - I'm getting old and need my beauty sleep.

Don't worry Sandy, I'm only gluing the magnet, not the light itself. The lights are magnetic and can be easily removed from the flat ceiling magnet, so I can take them down to turn them on and off and change the batteries.

• Like 1

Happy birthday, Maureen.

Selkie & Sandy, after three bouts of pneumonia every time I get sick it goes to my lungs and stays there, too. Do push the clear liquids. The leaves that make lapsang souchong tea are smoked, I drank it all the time at uni, but not since. Last time we bought tea we found a box of ginger tea at one of our Asian grocery stores in P'cola that has a lovely kick, and DH drinks it straight (he usually has to doctor his with a spoonful or two of honey) with me.

The cardiology visit went extremely well, although I shall have to get a device replacement within the next 18 months; apparently the 10-year battery "life" in a pacemaker is based upon little old ladies who sit and knit, not little old ladies who hike, bike and paddle kayaks and play with power tools.

• Like 2

Holly, I am happy your cardiology visit went well, and please keep those power tools going. Selkie and Sandy, I also heard that herbal teas work wonders. I am going to have a cup now, and I am not even sick. Different teas are better for different situations, so the more you know about herbal teas, the better you will be able to build your immune system. Unfortunately, I am not an expert,but I have more faith in herbal tea than I do in cough syrup. - Feel better, everyone!

holly, I love your attitude. You LIVE. My Dad is the same. Was told he had diabetes so he went anal on his diet. It's been years and he has never needed insulin or had a problem. He too has a pacemaker. And two knee replacements. Nothing has ever gotten in the way of him making the most of every minute (although he gave up motorcycle racing after his knee replacements) and he has been quite an example for me.

I thought I was staying well. Ha! Seems I have 'something'. I have the symptoms I get only when I have pneumonia :( Now that I read the last several posts, no wonder I made my husband pick up some tea bags :) A cup is sounding really good about now.

apparently the 10-year battery "life" in a pacemaker is based upon little old ladies who sit and knit, not little old ladies who hike, bike and paddle kayaks and play with power tools.

You kids! Knock off all that racket! :p

I hope I'll never need a pacemaker. I joke with my wife that I don't need exercise- my resting heart rate has been around 100 since I was a teenager and still is. Never did find out why it does that.

I got a call today from my former boss today. He has connections with an attorney we both worked with extensively in the past, and the local job opening that was recently filled has become available again. Apparently the previous hire inflated their job skills on their resume. I'm expecting a call from the founding partner tomorrow. My wife was hoping we would relocate to Tampa, but even if I do get the job, their main office is in Tampa, so a transfer may be possible in the future. At the very least, I may have a crack at another interview.

• Like 5

You just need a place where you can plug yourself in and recharge, Holly! You can do that with your car now, why not a pacemaker. Considering the costs involved, I bet that'll be available in the not so distant future! In your lifetime or mine? Well, maybe not! At any rate, good for you, and glad to hear that you're giving it a good workout! Keep it up!

Thanks, everybody. Since the cardiologist and DH were both there at the same time (and the pacemaker makes DH frantic at times) I asked about the procedure for getting a new battery. They open the incision, remove the old device, change the electrodes to a new device (with new battery) and replace it; I'll be there two to three hours and then I can go get lunch/ late breakfast. I wondered after the first one went in why they don't install a zipper in the incision...

• Like 1

I have a question. How was I supposed to know that not all glue guns are the same? The glue sticks I bought today said Standard on the package, but they are too big to slide through my glue gun.

The glue gun instructions say the gun takes 0.28 inch diameter glue sticks, but I had to open the package in order to read this requirement. Then on the glue stick package it says Standard, so I thought "standard" meant standard and not a certain size that only fits certain sized glue sticks.

Standard in this case is 0.43 inch diameter glue sticks, so I am going to go back to Michaels and return either the sticks or the gun. I hope I get to keep the gun because it is green, and the other ones on the lower shelf - probably the larger ones that would have taken the "standard" sticks - are blue and white. Green is my favorite color.

Getting back to my question - How am I supposed to know these things. It's not easy being an amateur.

...How am I supposed to know these things. It's not easy being an amateur.

You learn by doing, like the rest of us. Guess how I learned that not all heavy duty steel staples fit my Stanley heavy duty stapler?

Jeremy, I'm glad you got a line on another job. Fingers crossed it goes well!

All you people with coughs/sickness...I know how that feels. The cold I got this year took forever to go away.

Took my husband out for dinner tonight. He's been working lots of overtime, and we needed some alone time. Then he took me to get a new food processor. The bowl on mine broke a few days ago; slipped out of my wet hand and hit the tile floor. Cooking for 6 makes it an essential tool. I splurged a little and got a larger 9 cup model. Gonna break it in with some nice soup for dinner tomorrow. Maybe some bread too.

:wave: Sarah.......how's it going? Haven't seen you on in a while. The Orchid is almost done!

My two cents on hot glue. I bought a mini hot glue gun in Wallymart and high temp. mini glue sticks in Michael's. I am using the hot glue for my shingles and it works like a charm. I love it!

• Like 1

I never could master the glue gun. Seemed to dry too fast for me. The smaller gun is so light weight it would slide off its hot plate and I was afraid I'd burn something. So it and all the wrong sized glue tubes are in a box collecting dust.

• Like 1

Hi Roxy! I've been lurking; winter is no mini time for me. My husband works lots of overtime when it is cold so I've barely seen him since Christmas. Then I was sick, then the kids, then me again plus all the regular stuff that goes on in a house with 6 people and 3 dogs. One of the things I love most about this forum is that even when my life is crazy, someone here is busy creating and sharing something amazing! You guys inspire me so much with all the terrific things you do. :jump: :jump:

• Like 2

I haven't been able to mini for a while and probably won't until I find work. I'm using it as further motivation to get a job.

Yesterday I was at the store with most of my family (Julianna was at school) when someone behind me said "move it! I'm trying to get through here!" It was my dad. Of course I responded with "Great! Somebody left the nursing home unlocked again. How do you old geezers get out, anyway?" Gainesville is such a small town, it isn't uncommon to run into friends, family and everyone else at regular intervals. It has been a running joke to throw barbs when we run into each other in traffic, stores, the library, etc.

• Like 3

What fun,Jeremy!-it's like that in my small town,too-I have so many direct family members here as well as half the town being my 'distant' cousins,that I couldn't get away with doing anything covertly if I wanted to! lol It is fun,though,to run into friends and family in town-we can get a short catch up visit and gossip over with right in the store aisles or at the gas pumps,just enough 'visiting' until the next time we run into each other. :)

I did a ton of deep housework that I had let slide while it's been too cold to move and because I woke up headache free,first time in awhile. I hope that lasts!! I plan to do some mini stuff this evening in front of the boob tube. I'm headed out for a walk in a bit...need to get back to that every day,but just no motivation lately! Anyways,it's happening today! :)

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago my 90-year-old cousin George died. Three days ago our dog of 14 years died. This morning Lloyd's Aunt Yvonne died, one day short of her 92nd birthday. I don't mean to equate people and pet deaths, but this sure does seem to be setting up to be the year of the funeral.

• Like 1

My condolences Kathie to you and your DH.

I haven't been on the forum for a couple days because the whole family has been down with a combination of this horrible cough, cold, tummy bug, etc. etc. I can't remember being this sick or having all of us down at the same time. It's been brutal - piles and piles of stinky laundry and no sleep and pulled muscles from coughing and on and on. I'm exhausted.

Hope you don't catch it from me posting here. :ill: