What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Still sick but making progress. I ventured outside from the garage to the road and back and had to take an hour nap afterwards......sheesh!

I think I missed a lot in here the past couple of days. Jeremy did you get the interview, did you go yet?

Sorry I am out of it!

Get well soon, Roxy!

My DD's fever spiked at 105.3 yesterday, so we took her to the doctor. She is doing a little better today with Tylenol / cool baths, but she isn't much different than she was on Friday. The youngest is still sick, but he seems to be taking it well.

The interview is on Thursday. I haven't interviewed in almost seven years, and that one was kind of a shoe-in. I already worked at the company as a temp and my reputation wasn't a secret. Proving myself and finding out if this new company is a good fit will be more difficult, but I'm not too worried. The weather is my greatest concern right now. The forecast calls for cold rain all day. It's a 2+ hour ride to the interview on a motorcycle, so staying dry (or at least arriving dry for the interview) will take some planning.

• Like 1

Schools were out today, staff reported, but sent home before 11am. Cancelled tomorrow, maybe Thursday as well. So I've got some home time now. I've got so much to do, sure hope I get motivated to do something!!

So far we have about an inch of snow, and it's still coming down pretty good. This is our once-in-a-few-years snow, and it's not even March! (March is when Ga has its best snow storms...)

The atmospheric pressure was such I took a nap until it moved enough I could get back up. DH has re-covered my little azalea; he said there was ice already on it. We've been turning the thermostat down to 68F overnight since the last cold front, but since Sunday I've left it there and since about noon the heat hasn't kicked off at all.

My car is completely covered with snow and the ground is pristine. I think the only tire tracks are from the mail truck and my Holly's car. She works at UTC, which closed at noon today, and she spent ALL afternoon driving the 14 miles from work to home, getting in about 4:30 -- can you believe it? People here have no clue as to how to drive in the snow. There are salt trucks but no snow plows -- and we sure could have used those plows today!

The only one having a ball in the snow is Little Girl! She's having a grand old time out in the back yard, asking to go out there every 10 minutes or so. Of course, I can't be sure when it's for real so, sucker that I am, I let her out and have to stand by the door so she doesn't feel abandoned!

I also keep my thermostat at 68 at night, and bring it up to 72 during the day, especially if I'm working in my craft room which has no heat ducts, only a French (double) door leading from my office that is always kept open. But my feet get cold, even with socks on!

Haven't done anything on the Gloucester over the last couple of day -- but think about it! Got slammed with real work over the weekend and all day yesterday and, just when I thought I was all caught up, another batch came in this afternoon. I'm going to try to finish it tonight so that, maybe, I'll have tomorrow free ;~)!

Good luck on Thursday, Jeremy, and stay dry!

You folks are sure lucky - we keep our heat at 50 - 55 for all the night. If we are going to be home for a most of the day we might bring it up around 62 - 65 if we can afford it. The house is too big to keep any warmer - for our budget. I miss not having our woodstove to heat the kitchen area up nice and toasty but I don't miss lugging the wood.

• Like 3

I remember one winter about 30 years ago when we lived near Pittsburgh. During one cold snap it was so frigid that the furnace wouldn't turn off. I set the thermostat as low as it would go, but the furnace just rumbled all night long.

Thank goodness my present home is well insulated, that other house wasn't.

Ah, don't worry about us. We're used to it. It's just the way it is in the cold zone. We wear lots of layers - undershirts and turtlenecks go under everything around here. But it's that way for most folks we know. We aren't unusual. I have 7 blankets at night and wear socks and sweats with my flannel nightgown. My littlest guy wears a double sleeper over his jammies just to be sure in case he gets uncovered. The girls both bundle up but DH sleeps only with shorts and a sheet !!! He's so acclimated to it that only on the windiest, coldest nights he might, and I mean might pull on one thin blanket. It's all in what you are accustomed to.

Sandy, it's cold in FL, too. We have closures through tomorrow (and possibly Thursday) and the weeather map shows freezing rain through at least Madison County. Our house is small and insulated with a brand clean filter, and the heat only clicks off for a short while. I also sleep in longjohn bottoms under my flannel nightgown, wool hiking socks and a quilted poncho liner between the sheets under a down comforter.

We had planned to go hear our jazz vocalist friend perform tonight in Pensacola, but with the roads all iced over we stayed home; and the bridges leading east out of Pensacola have been closed, so if she did get over here from her home in eastern Santa Rosa County I hope she drove her Roadtrek, because she shouldn't be trying to drive home.

Holly, I thought you lived in Alabama, or are you that far southeast? Also, remember that I came from southeast Florida where, at the moment it's 71° F (raining, but hey, it's still warm!) Yeah, it got cold there occasionally... temps dropped to the mid 40s about twice in the 15 years I lived there! Pretty far cry from the 8° F it was when I woke up this morning here -- it's now all the way up to 12°! Whoopee!

My Holly stopped at Publix yesterday on her way home... they were closed!!! Never heard of such a thing! Publix closed? The world as we know it is coming to an end, folks!

• Like 1

Sandy, I live a mile west of the FL state line, just outside of Escambia County, FL, in SE AL; but I watch the weather all over my home state, since I have VERY old friends still in West Palm Beach and in Sarasota, and DH's mom lives S of Tampa and his sister in Orlando. NAS Pensacola is closed until noon. The ground is white with frost & sleet, we didn't get snow here, but watched it snow in Century, FL, on the news last night.

I plan a very quiet day under one afghan, knitting on another.

Schools are closed today and tomorrow. We went out and played in the snow a little bit ago, now we are done and over that. Sad, this may be our last snow day with Lawson, as he will go to college next year.

I have been watching and reading the news since yesterday afternoon about the weather and such here. It will barely make it above freezing today, but it should be 40 tomorrow, so hopefully enough will melt and go away so that doesn't refreeze for Friday.

Soon I hope to get up and get productive. I've got a list of stuff I need to do...

I went by Books a Million today to see if the February issue of DHMS was in. They didn't have it. I fear they stopped carrying it after only 2 months. That would be odd since they sold out both months, but business decisions rarely seem to make sense these days.

Jeremy, what does DHMS stand for, exactly? I have a Books a Million nearby and I thought I'd take a look to see if they have it. Dollhouse something?????

Oh, right, tomorrow's your big day! Good luck -- strut your stuff! You'll ace the interview, I'm sure!

Jeremy, what does DHMS stand for, exactly? I have a Books a Million nearby and I thought I'd take a look to see if they have it. Dollhouse something?????

Oh, right, tomorrow's your big day! Good luck -- strut your stuff! You'll ace the interview, I'm sure!

DollsHouse and Miniature Scene

My BAM doesn't carry it. I found the Jan edition at Barnes and Noble. I need to make a trip up there to see if I can find the next issue when I can leave the house again.

Jeremy, if I find it, do you need me to grab you a copy? Or does anyone else, for that matter?

Thanks, Tracy. Ditto about picking up extra copies if I find them... let me know if anyone wants one. I only just learned about this here and I'm sure I'd love to start reading it. Apparently, this is a UK publication and, if you go to http://www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co.uk/Dolls-Houses-and-Miniatures/Magazines/Dolls-House-and-Miniature-Scene/_ch27_mg13 there's a link to "This Issue" as well as "Back Issues" -- where you can order issues. There's also a link to the App Store, Google Play, but I can only see where you can download the magazine "reader" and not the magazine itself. There is, however, a Subscribe link, but when I click on that, nothing happens ;~(!

At any rate, the short story is that you can order the issues online and, because it's a UK publication, it may take longer to get to your favorite book- and/or magazine stores!

Jeremy & Tracy, next time you go, see if you can ask someone at the store if they know when it's coming in. I don't mean to pass the buck, but it's hard for me to get from the car to the store, much less to walk around the store (any store).

Is anyone else sick of the cold?? I am so sick of it. This Winter reminds me of the winters when I was a kid. Cold, dark, and long. Supposed to warm up to the 40s tomorrow with a bit of a flurry. That is okay.

We got a call from the water proofing company early this morning that they are coming today instead of next Thursday. Oh joy. At least we are home and were mostly prepared.

That was 2 hours ago, said they'd be here in 1 1/2 hours, so we're just waiting. Ought to be a fun day of jack-hammering...