What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

My plans this week is to start painting the living room trim. I have been procrastinating it but now that I feel better, I am going to jump all over it. We are having the floors done this year. I proclaimed that the painting had to be done and some repairs around the house first before flooring.
I am not cooking today. Out to dinner with my bestie for some much needed girl talk. The Man and *children* can fend for themselves.

Chelsea will be 25 next month. She helped start a non profit in the city that help teens. She is saving her money so that she and her man friend can move to Philly sometime this year. Natalie will be 21 at the end of the year. She is working a steady job, saving for a rainy day. I am hoping one day she finishes school. She has to work on fixing herself first (recently diagnosed adhd)
Sometimes I cannot believe myself that they are that old now. i am still a spring chic!

• Like 1

Heidi, just wait until one of your kids calls to inform you that you're a great-grandparent. Our eldest son did that when his eldest daughter produced a son; his dad then said he guessed that meant we could caall him "gramps" and that was the end of that conversation!

I am hiding inside my house today. We are under a wind/blowing snow warning. The sun is trying to come out, but with the gale that is blowing out there, we've got a windchill of -38. I shall stay in my house and read and sew. :cold:

I sure wouldn't want to have your heating bills, Barbara! It's bad enough here. Of course, when I was in FL I had the same bills, but that was for AC, rather than heating. I'm just not used to being cold all the time! Although, I must admit that we're actually having a heat wave today... it's now 52° F, going up to 55! Of course, it will be 37 tonight, and only going up as high as 38° F tomorrow! It's an insane roller coaster! I just can't wait until I can smell that first whiff of spring in the air -- that little scent of ozone that gives spring's tiny secret footfalls away!

This morning I put the basic walls together for a dry fit for the Gloucester. I need to figure out how much space I'll need for the spiral staircase -- I'm afraid that this is going to require a larger footprint than the standard one that came with the kit. It's quite deceiving. I worked on painting one of the two spiral staircases last night and got carried away doing that and watching HGTV at the same time! I'm going to stop decorating and just put one set together so that I can see what I need in terms of space and then I can cut the appropriate opening(s). I'm also putting windows in the back wall, where there are none now and, of course, a door on the side of the house where the entry to the conservatory will be; I'll put a French door into that same wall in the room above, so that the roof of the conservatory, instead of being pitched, will be flat and used as a sundeck, leading out of the, hmmm... maybe master bedroom, maybe living room... that's what I'm playing with. Fun and games! Really. This is the one of the best parts! This is when the house starts talking to me!

Oh, I forgot! Thanks for reminding me, self! I think I'm going to have to raise the landing above the entry door because the door I want to use may be too high. Gotta remember to check that as well! I'm on overload. I think I need a nap!

Welcome home Heidi!

I'm kinda new here.. been here only since about the middle of ... was it December? I can't remember for sure. Glad to see you came back! I get kinda frustrated with building the house so I work on the furniture pieces for awhile sometimes... then I go back to working on the house... until I get frustrated again :).. It keeps me working on them.

~morningstar~

• Like 1

I already have my sights set on a wheeled walker with a seat and hand brakes, for when/ if I have to "progress" past the cane.

You mean a hot rod don't you Holly? :roflmao: Somehow I can't see you in anything else! :p ( wink)

• Like 1

Still sick but making progress. I ventured outside from the garage to the road and back and had to take an hour nap afterwards......sheesh!

I think I missed a lot in here the past couple of days. Jeremy did you get the interview, did you go yet?

Sorry I am out of it!

Hoping everyone is feeling better and, to those who are not feeling well, hope you are on the mend.

Good luck, Jeremy (if you haven't had your interview yet)! If you have, I hope it went well.

It's been cold here alot lately. It was supposedly 21degrees out yesterday, but as far as I was concerned it was still the same freezing temp its been for what feels like months.

Sending prayers for healing for all who are feeling under the weather. Get well soon!

I just watched that video, Holly. Are you still laughing? I'm not sure if I'm laughing or crying... if you could see the look on my face, you'd understand. Then again, of course you understand! I bet your expression is still frozen on!

Well what made it even more hilarious was that the dance troupe proceeded to demonstrate three more dance moves to add to the original 15, then proceeded to make a dance routine to Imagine Dragons' music. We all laughed ourselves sick!

• Like 1

Feeling a little blue today. Thirty-two years ago today, my oldest child died of leukemia. She was 16 and had battled it for 2 years.. They say "time heals all wounds" - I think those are the same people who believe in Santa Claus. It is so not true! Don't mean to depress anybody - just feeling very aware of her today.

I don't know exactly how you feel,no one can,but having lost an adult sibling suddenly a few years ago,I do understand it never ever seems to be far away. I am so sorry for your loss,but so glad you had her in your life. Nothing I say can make it better,(and I hope to not make it worse!) but you are in my thoughts and prayers,C J.

• Like 1

Feeling a little blue today. Thirty-two years ago today, my oldest child died of leukemia. She was 16 and had battled it for 2 years.. They say "time heals all wounds" - I think those are the same people who believe in Santa Claus. It is so not true! Don't mean to depress anybody - just feeling very aware of her today.

Awwww CheckMouse, I'm so sorry love. :( Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers. :console:

~morningstar~

• Like 1

Time never completely heals a loss such as yours. It gets a little easier, but it never goes away. Our hearts are with you. I am so glad that you are here with us and sharing with us, so that we can give you hugs and understanding... as much as you need and as much as it helps.