What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sounds like you had an interesting (!) outing Holly, but those trip leaders leaving people behind, well they aren't leaders to begin with in my book... :giggle: I hope your left rotator cuff has healed by now.

I loved reading about the pebble toad, can you imagine the surprise the hunting animal gets when poof and of the prey goes??? :o Sorry, must be the fever but the picture of that is giving me some giggling fits LOL... Still coughing and wheezing and still at home getting slightly bored so to speak.

Mary, keeping fingers crossed you like the sofa and get in installed as well as get some real mini-ing time today!

Hugs

We all enjoyed satching that poor little toad tumbling down the cliff into a pool in the bog at the bottom that Bruce ran that video clip twice! Then he ran one of a lowland tree frog that saw a vine snake and just dropped off the leaf it was sitting on, and missed the next two leaves before latching onto a different bit of vine with one sticky toe pad and hung there, swinging back & forth by one toe...

I went in for my "device check up" where they play with my pacemaker on the computer, speeding it up & slowing it down and making it make my heart skip beats (THAT's special!). Everybody ask about our latest activities and act surprised when we remind them of our age.

Today's plans more or less in ruins - started out with the power going out for most of our little town for a couple of hours this morning, for no reason anyone knows or is telling, anyway. Made me realize my candle and battery stocks are low and that I'd best do something about that SOON.

So didn't go look at the neighbor's sofa, didn't scrub the floors, however - I DID do some mini-ing. And then napped a lot. Shows you what's really important!

i was up really early due to a tradesman arriving to fix some fencing....i had nothing planned but a wonderful pjarma day full of mini'ing........its 2pm and i'm still looking in the galleries/ forum/ebay/facebook :(

I'm not working today. Booked the day off to attend a parent-teacher night at my daughter's High School. She will also be presented with awards for last year. She finished grade 9 on the honor roll, and is getting awards for highest grade average as well.

Otherwise gonna spend a lazy day, starting with sleeping in, then cleaning a bit of the time, then wallpapering more of my Cranberry. Last weekend, my FIL gave me some RL, tiny print wallpaper from his home that he built in 1980, and just happened to have saved all the leftovers sealed in plastic bags, just in case he may need a splice, one day. My Thanksgiving with him was wonderful. I cooked us all a great meal. We had tons of fun, plus, I felt like a kid in a candy shop when he showed me all the papers he has, that he suddenly thought might be of use to me with my houses, after all these years.

OMGoodness it is cold this morning.

It was in the 30s. I could see my breath. We had a frost warning but not a freeze. That is good.

Today is my last steroid shot. Crossing my fingers that it works this time.

I am going to get some stuff done in the house before my appointment. I will be laid up for the rest of the night afterward.

Need more coffee and maybe turn the heat on a bit.

Snowing out again today. Third snow this October. I shall have such a good time trying to keep warm at the Farmer's market this afternoon. Good thing it is the last one. Will bring a large thermos of hot tea and a blanket plus wear my winter coat. I'm going to take all of next week off and just be lazy. Never want to look at a tomato or canning jar again (or until next eyar.) Rita

I papered some of the rso FF and stitched on the 1:24 Ming Dragon rug. I'm still washing dirty clothes from the trip! We hit the grocery store today & they had so mini 2-fers & BOGOs we have enough food until we get home from our next trip! plus enough canned soup to last until cold weather.

Now that I'm finally back to my mini's I was rummaging through my things. I have so much scrap wood I just know I'll need sometime so don't want to pitch it. :( I found four Chrysnbon kits to assemble I got last year at a flea market. Last weekend I found two mini pianos, a spinet and a baby grand at a garage sale. Both have music boxes in them and are older. The baby grand has a sticker on the bottom from the San Francisco Music Box Co. The lady only wanted $2.00 for both. I ordered the Rosedale today and should have it early next week. I haven't been doing much at all with my houses for quite awhile and was afraid I had just lost it. I think a brand new house kit is just what I need to get going again. :)

Still can't mini. Sigh!! Depth perception is still shot although it is getting better.

But we are going to pick up a new fur kid tomorrow. She is 3 years old, a brindle boxer named Cindy Lou. She is practically a twin for our Molly that we lost six weeks ago. No she only looks like her and has her own personality and it was only a coincidence that she happened to look like her. It was the description of her gentle sweet spirit that caught our attention.

post-557-1255661254_thumb.jpg

post-557-1255661275_thumb.jpg

What a sweet face Miss Cindy Lou has! Boxers are such sweet pups!

Errands today at our house. I'm so tempted to let DH run them by himself so I can get out to the Little House on the Highway & get it cleaned up & ready for the trip next week.

Yesterday I moved the Washington 2.0 off the worktable to make room for Dad's house. The repaint/repaper spruce up ought not to take too long, and truth be told, the Washington seems to be resisting being turned into a haunted house, at least the kind of haunted house that would wear the gaudy Halloween stuff I picked up at the Dollar Tree. I'm figuring to get the rehab done on Dad's house so NJ will know it's ready to be a quilt show prop. She's thinking there won't be anything inside. I can work on the contents over the next year (the show is in September) to surprise her. :(

Edit: Oops. Meant to put this in the What are you working on thread in the other forum. I'll go paste a copy over there. Sorry!

What I'm up to today is putting my file cabinet back together. I pulled the top drawer yesterday and it came off. The cabinet is wood and the glue had dried out. Then a haircut, then company arriving for the weekend. On Sunday there will be a major family meeting, at which the 16-year-old will be sentenced for a major bad choice made while we were away. She got into the house and had a party with beer brought by one of her "friends" and then flat out lied about it. She will no longer be experiencing life as she now knows it after Sunday.

I've been hunting for clothes to wear to my son's wedding. We didn't get the exact date til a couple of weeks ago, after DH called him to find out where we were supposed to stay. No one called to tell me what everyone is wearing, just like his first wedding. They're getting married on the beach, so I figured pretty and casual, but my son is dressing more formally than I expected, so know I don't know what's going on.

It's in 2 weeks in Key Largo. Anyone ever been there? All I know from searching online is that it's the diving capital of the USA, very very casual and I should take mosquito repellent, cause they get very bad.

I've ordered and returned 3 dresses so far, couldn't find any in my area. Decided on maybe wearing a pretty blouse and white or black pants, found two wonderful blouses, but they aren't available til November, so there goes that idea.

I couldn't sleep, woke up at 3AM after 3 hours, grit my teeth and ordered about 6 more dresses, one in two sizes. And that's another thing. I spent yesterday at the mall. In one store I'm trying on one size, in another I needed a bigger size, and sometimes that was too tight anyway.

Does that size thing drive you crazy? It's one of the reasons I hate to shop or order clothes. I never know if I should order the size by their size chart, or a size smaller that the chart says. I'm sending back 2 jackets today. I went by the size chart, but they were both too big.

Two of the dresses I sent back cost $90 each, and they're so cheaply made, they look like something someone's grandma would wear to the supermarket back in the 60's. I was appalled. :(

It's HOT & HUMID in Key Largo, even with ocean breezes. A light cotton sleeveless dress with a scarf or matching jacket would be appropriate for a daytime wedding on the beach. You might want to wear a pretty straw hat with a wide brim to keep the sun off your face. Sons are lots of fun to marry off, you never know... DS#1's second wife made sure to send me all the info I needed about her colors, her mom's dress, how formal it was going to be... The she shows up in her gown completely encrusted with pearl beads over the lace and proceeds to have to kneel through a nuptual high mass; I don't know how long it took those holes in her knees to fill in, but they still showed when she had changed for their honeymoon!

On Sunday there will be a major family meeting, at which the 16-year-old will be sentenced for a major bad choice made while we were away. She got into the house and had a party with beer brought by one of her "friends" and then flat out lied about it. She will no longer be experiencing life as she now knows it after Sunday.

Sounds like somebody is going to get into BIG trouble, and deservedly so!

Sonds like somebody is going to get into BIG trouble, and deservedly so!

Well, you took the words I had in mind as well!

Will be thinking of you! She never knew this woukd happen, huh???

Hugs

Hey there Heidi, how are you feeling? Did the third inection make any difference? Kept fingers crossed and forgot to ask, dang that cold, made brain even fuzzier than usual...

Hugs

BIG doesn't begin to touch it. After talking with some parents who have a line into the local high school rumor mill, we've found out more about the "party". At least 4 high school varsity cheerleaders were here in addition to others. One was so drunk that a couple of the kids took her to her boyfriend's house at midnight (he wasn't here, she was cheating on him at the time), where she promptly upchucked on him, herself, and his bed. He had to undress her, wash her clothes, redress her and take her home. Apparently her mother doesn't know. (Did the term alcohol poisoning flash through your mind?) We held off blowing the whistle until after the homecoming game (last night) as we didn't think it fair that the whole school should suffer for the acts of a few ninnies. She doesn't know it yet, but come Monday, she'll be turning in her uniform. She'll miss the last two football games and all of basketball season. We'll be turning in the names of the party attendees to the school authorities (as many as we know ... she refuses to tell us who was here, even gave us a fake list at first, figuring we wouldn't check). Silly child. She hasn't noticed I'm good at finding out things about people?

Will let y'all know how the sentencing goes. I sure wish this were someone else's problem. *sigh* This is an A+ student, a leader at school and church, who made some ginormously bad decisions.

Editing to add tentative list of punishments. I'd appreciate feedback if you think this is too harsh, keeping in mind that under Missouri law, we could have been met by a marshal at the airport and placed under arrest simply because we own the house where this took place, never mind that we were in Colorado at the time, had the party been busted.

1) Resign from cheerleading and turn in uniform on Monday (missing last two football games and all of basketball season).

2) Letters of apology – write them and give them to Daddy and Kathie to review before delivery.

a) Mike and Leesa for putting Ashlee in a position where she had to lie to them.

<ahttp://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/\html\style_emoticons\/sad.png' alt=':('> Diane and Gaylon for lying to them.

c) Lisa Bridges (cheerleading coach) for dishonoring the team.

3) Lose use of cell phone until the letters are written, approved, and delivered.

4) No trip with (older half-sister) Terese at Thanksgiving.

5) No trip to New York or Alabama at Christmas (other older half-sisters); no friend with us if we go to New Orleans.

6) No TV until after Thanksgiving.

7) Put both Daddy and Kathie back on your Facebook as friends and do not remove them again.

8) Social activities restricted to church-related activities (Wednesday night and Sunday morning); all other church outings or events must be approved well before the date.

9) Spend at least 40 hours of community service (to be arranged).

Sounds fair enough for me Kathie, she is 16 so she ought to know there would be consequences (sp???) coming, as if you wouldn't discover a thing like that huh???

Sending courage and strenght your and Lloyd's way!!!

Hugs

Don't back down on it, one bit, Kathie. They have to know there are consequences to their actions. We had a similar situation. Our DS2 had a close friend who graduated the year before him. He asked to spend the night with Zack and we agreed, as they stayed at each other's houses frequently.

On early Sunday morning we got a call from him. Zach had rolled the pickup on a country road (dirt, thank God, or it would have been worse). They crawled out through the windows and called us. I insisted on going to er for a check up, because of my experience with accidents like this as a paramedic. That's when he got nervous and confessed they had been drinking.

We didn't say a word until we got home, when we grounded him for the remainder of school. He missed all of the end of junior year parties, award ceremonies, Zack's actual graduation...everything. But we had always warned them what would happen if we caught them drinking, and HAD to follow through. It was probably harder on us than him. But when he became of age and would go partying on 6th street in Austin-he took and returned, in a cab with or without, his buddies. I think the near serious injuries he could have suffered in a rollover scared him badly, but so did the wrath of Mom and Dad!

I guess it is so much bigger a deal in the US to drink at 16 than here in the UK where the age limit is 18. With those repercussions she won't forget it!

Here drinking at 16 is not unusual. In your own home or in private at a friends house it is absolutly acceptable for a 16 year old to have a drink with dinner or so. I know there's a difference between a drink with dinner and an unsupervised party with alcohol poisoning though.

On Friday evenings I don't like that I have to work Saturday mornings, but sure do like not working on Mondays! And on Saturday evenings it seems a very good trade off. I've worked the morning, but done plenty of other fun stuff, so it doesn't acutally feel like I've been to work today :(

My sister and niece are visiting. Niece is having a few issues with not wanting to go to kindergarten during the week, so they've made a chart and she'll get a reward when it has been filled. This time she chose to do something fun when visiting us, so swimming, playing mini golf, something else she'd like to do and she chose swimming and has been really looking forward to it for a few days. Anyway, we got to the pool to find out that there was a private party going on. Rather than moan and get upset about it and cry, she just said 'oh well, we can come back tomorrow instead' in a very grown up way (she's only 4.5 years old!) We were very proud of her attitude! We went and got an icecream instead, watched the fish in a pond while we ate it, and watched Jungle book when we got home (the first film she's watched full length!)

She is so sweet! on the way home from the station in the car she said 'I thought maybe we could do the fun thing today, and then go to the playground tomorrow' 'if Uncle Chris is busy doing his school stuff, then he can stay home and doesn't need to do the fun thing with us' She is considerate of others.

So tomorrow will be playground (I'm hoping uncle chris will take her before we get up - she always gets up way too early for us :) ), then breakfast, then packing their stuff, then swimming, then off to IKEA for shopping and some lunch, before they get the train home. Then home for us, in time for Chris to do lots of marking for school. I will hopfully finish my mini shopping list and maybe get it ordered. I'm making a house for a work colleague, so she has to approve the budget first, so might have to take it in monday and get her to check it over rather than ordering stuff tomorrow already (she has oked it, and knows how much it costs to buy, just have to decide on a price for me to build, bash and decorate it).