What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thank you!!!

Yes, it will be a challenge to make things work together, but then again, the "big boss" is a very nice fella' and he encouragedme to call him if/when any and all questions might arise, even gave the cell phone numbers if he is out of the office, told me the schedule of when things will be official and we set up a meeting when we'll work through the paper stuff.... Still a bit in surprise really, but it is a fun surprise.

The pay will be a bonus :flowers: so I can see some minis in the future just to celebrate LOL

HUGS

That's great Anna! I think you'll make a wonderful principal, you seem to have the right personality for it!

Not doing anything but trying to get through each weekday. On top of my own job, I'm doing the job applicants for the new personnel director who is having a hard time getting a handle on things. I'm sure she'll get it figured out, she's done this other places for years. But in the meantime, all I do is come home and go to bed.

A huge bag arrived from my online shopping for a dress for my son's wedding. Two dresses look like possibilities, meaning I don't think anyone would look at me, point a finger and snigger. Actually it's 3 possibilities. I ordered one dress in 2 sizes to be on the safe side. One is red, the twin ones, in ivory, I call a mother in law dress. It's very mother of the bride or groom looking, and I swear, I don't remember the red dress as coming down almost to the model's ankles. She must have been over 6 feet tall or something.

I also happened to see some possibilities on another site, so ordered them, in 2 sizes. It would be nice if they came tomorrow so I could mull things over during the weekend, and then just put it all out of my head.

Actually, we're all annoyed with DS. Annoyed that no one knows what to wear, that he's mad at his sister and didn't invite her, and that he's demoted his brother to standby best man in case the other guy decides he can't come...there, I've said it...rotten 34 year old kid.

Too bad an ought-to-be-joyous occasion such as a wedding has so much baggage attached in the here and now. In a hundred years, the only important thing will be that it took place.

So looking forward to seeing your new creation Steve! I know how much I have drooled over the other ones!

Right now I am in mid-chat with a nice fella' on evil bay trying to sort out a few hiccups.

All while waiting for glue and paint to dry LOL

Hugs

Last night I took Natalie and two of her friends to the movies to see Paranormal Activity. They paid their way and I bought the popcorn.

I did have my fingers on my face for some of it because it was kinda creepy. It was a good movie when you find out that it was made on a low budget. They will make their money back and then some.

The girls were freaked out afterward. Like worried about going to bed kinda freaked out.

I told them...it is just a movie.

I could have dropped them off but it was rated R and I wanted to see it anyway. They appreciated me coming and did not think it was a drag to have MOM there.

They were walking ahead of me and the security guard stopped them from going in. I walked up behind them and said *Do you have a problem with my daughters?* I was fully prepared to plead my case but the dude left us alone.

There was no nudity and not that much more swearing then these girls probably do themselves (not around me!). Plus their parents were fine with them going.

Today I will pick up the Mac from the repair shop. Fred and I are going to put plastic on the windows, and he is going to make chicken wings for dinner. Mmmm!

Not much going today...I say, but then I will probably not be able to resist some dollhouse time. We will move the farmhouse to it's new table, but I've got to organize the craft room before I do anything else. One more table was the breaking point, can't even walk around in there anymore! So I am going to try to clean out some cabinets and do some combining, so that I can make room in there to play.

One of my favorite author's latest book showed up at b&n ahead of it's release date next week and my daughter picked it up for me. I have been reading it. Back to miniing and paying attention to our new fur kid.

We have been out shopping for kitchen and bathroom floors. I swear, we have looked at every hard flooring sample in Lubbock and I'm still not sure. WE had decided on cork until someone here told me that the dogs would tear it up, so that's out. I think we finally found one we could agree on this morning. Then when I came home and looked at the tile in the hall bathroom, I realized that it won't go with the tile.

DH may shoot me.

This past week I've been working on expanding my knitting repetoire, which consists of the garter stitch. I figured out purling, which should expand the number of things I could do. I learned a few other stitches when I was 12 or so, but could never get purling, so I'm quite pleased. :thumb:

Just "gained" an hour today as the clocks/time is changed last night so that will be another hour of "play" time... Joined facebook yesterday and am having a blast checking that out LOL still not sure about things there, but that will come I suppose.

I want to try making the stairs for the Adams today, it will have to an L-shaped one, and i have it planned in theory (as in I can "see" how it is done) and need tot ry it out. Made a rough sketch earlier, so now it is just to start the trying things out phase. Hmm...

Hugs

Edited to add: DId I mention that playing Farmville is addictive??? :thumb: LOL

My sister and her hubby came down from Fairbanks, Alaska. We went to a medieval feast in Boise, then visited our nieces and nephews in Paris (Idaho). We ate out a lot, hit thrift stores, book stores, and fabric stores and had a very nice visit. Alas, they had to go back home. Maybe they'll come down again next year. I told them they needed a Glencroft to decorate in medieval style :thumb: .

Lol Anna. I have stayed away from farmville and mafia wars, which seems to be what my friends and relatives are playing!

I like figuring out and making stairs, but do get frustrated waiting for glue to dry before something moves.... it always moves many times before I manage to get it sorted! Good luck, looking forward to seeing them!

Today is the first day of two weeks off, so I am going to mini. My order hasn't arrived yet - stuck in royal mail strikes backlog i'd guess - so I think I'll try and get lots done on the pharmacy scene. I tried to find some baskets to order, but couldn't find any in the catalogues that would work. A lady at one of the fairs had some, so hopefully I'll find some at the next fair I can go to. Think that is only in march or so, so might have to add them in later :thumb:

I like the way you think Lynette, great job in recruiting people LOL

Muriel, what kinds of baskets did you have in mind? I have a few "sources" over on evilbay that have a couple of different versions so if you have a pic f you want perhaps someone has seen something like that soemwhere, hmm, that was a lot of "some"...

As for Farmville, yep, it is allready fun hehe...

Figured out the stair's pitch is that what it is called the angle and steps along with threads?? I am clueless when it comes to those kinds of words but I am going to cut out the sides in a little while, need to draw the second one first though, all those different measurments is making my head spin worse than usual :thumb: Stair kits are a bliss!!!!

Hugs

Hehe Anna, doing something in what is not ones own language can get tricky sometimes!

post-2387-1256467001_thumb.jpg

I had something like this in mind

bottle-milk-in-basket.jpg

but don't need the handle on it - in fact these are the ones i bought and just took the handles off and then painted them.

This is what it looks like in RL, about 25cm/10 inches by 10cm/4 inches in red, yellow, dark blue and white

45cm_basket.jpg

Tha it so true Muriel, a second langugage pose some troubles sometimes. As for those baskets, have you looked at beautifullyhandmade on Ebay? Try this 170236244341 as a search number to see if that might be something to wirk with, this is the red one, they have different sizes and colours. Not sure if they are suitable, but I have been eyeing these for no good reason really apart from that they are neat LOL

Hugs

They are just the right thing Anna, but need them much cheaper than that :thumb: Could get the metal ones for 35p each i think. I'll need at least 20 I think for the pharmacy scene I'm doing and although the company I work for will get invoiced, we're in a recession so they don't want to spend too much :p It is quite annoying, cause I know there must be a supplier of the metal ones somewhere. I see quite a few different scenes with them, ie different things inside them from different catalogues, where you can buy the whole scene (like the one above with the milk bottles) but can't buy the baskets individually :)

I have bookmarked the ebay seller though!

I can see that that would make it rather expensive using these then, but I have heard about plastic canvas, is that something you could get hold of and perhaps use to make your own baskets, ie paint, cut into a + and then glue together?

Hugs

Edited to add a evil bayer seller in the UK who carries sheet of this; 2152alan I think I need to look further into it myself LOL

Just "gained" an hour today as the clocks/time is changed last night so that will be another hour of "play" time... Joined facebook yesterday and am having a blast checking that out LOL still not sure about things there, but that will come I suppose.

I want to try making the stairs for the Adams today, it will have to an L-shaped one, and i have it planned in theory (as in I can "see" how it is done) and need tot ry it out. Made a rough sketch earlier, so now it is just to start the trying things out phase. Hmm...

Hugs

Edited to add: DId I mention that playing Farmville is addictive??? :thumb: LOL

Um, yes, Anna, Farmville is indeed addictive! I also joined Facebook last night, and I've harvested my first crop of strawberries, planted wheat and soybeans, and am keeping an eye on all....just now waiting out some strawberries due pretty soon....Oh, jeez, I'm hooked!!!!

Do the words "Get a life" mean anything??