What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thanks for the tips Muriel. Had second treatment this morning and used your advise. It does help.

I couldn't believe the price of the 7 Levaquin (antibiotic) pills. Our receipt bragged that we'd saved $189 by having insurance coverage and a $15 coupon from our doc! Good Golly Molly! Thank goodness we had the $20 for them!

Heidi, the carrots sounds scrumptious!

I know what you mean...there's even a hint of autumn down here in SC. We don't do much for halloween anymore except fill the candy bowls and put a few inside decorations around the kitchen. It always seems like Oct-nov fly by in a blur of State Fair/halloween/thanksgiving!

I just ordered my 50 foot roll of tapewire. Should be enough for the redecorating of the Cranberry, and the rehabbing of my ''Petite Dreamhouse".(inverted Alison?) Not sure what to call that one now, LOL.

I have found the first roll of black asphalt shingles,(know I have 4, not all stored in same place, DUH) and am starting on that tomorrow. Cranberry is demanding attention first. She said I've learned enough from this forum now, that I can do her justice with wallpaper and fancier lights and curtains, etc... She's gonna become home to a couple with 2 children, and live-in Grandparents, (arrived and in the drawer waiting patiently) so 4 bedrooms needed in there. No rehabbing, exterior is still perfect, just fun, fun fun. I enjoy interiors most.

Other than printing my own, anyone know the cheapest place to buy wallpaper in large quantities? I've been checking Ebay, but they never seem to have more than 2 sheets at a time for sale. I need at least 3 per room, and there are 10, so cheap is what I'm looking for.

Working on minis & the Fairfields bash between trips. We got back from a week at the beach at Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, FL. We found a Tod MacFarlane Janis Joplin doll in one of the "antique" malls and several other treasures in various thrift stores. The first part of October we hit the road for ten days to visit MIL on the way to the all-Florida Paddlers' Rendezvous; this year it's being held in Sebastian, FL.

Doug was in the hospital on Wednesday. He was there quite a long time. Got him home and he ate some soup and went to bed and slept for a long time. Got up, had more soup, we talked a while and then he went back to bed.

Basically they removed many small polyps but there were a couple that were too big, so they injected them with dye and did a biopsy. They told Doug that he will probably have to go back for regular surgery by the middle of October. We await the results meantime from the biopsy.

Meanwhile he is OK. His nurse called yesterday and they chatted about how he felt, etc.

Hope all goes well with Doug's biopsies, Gina. The two of you have really been through some rough patches this past year.

I've been out in the garden, even updated my garden blog after an 18-day hiatus.

Looks like the second shot did not work. One more to go.

I am going to do a bit of deadheading in the yard today. The furnace guy will be coming soon to clean the furnace. Then I have to call for oil. It is nippy out there today.

I am still here lurking as usual. Once I start to feel better I will have more to say.

Talk to the surgeon and the pain clinic. See what they both have to say. The Dr that gave me shots said that if they do not work, they probably will never work. but have to do the 3rd one cause you never know

Well you are missed!

We had one of "those" days. We got home from our 5-week trip to discover that our propane tank was much lower on gas than it's supposed to be, and DH figured out that our tankless waterheater had somehow bled off the gas (solution is not to turn on the hot water to rinse off hands; the gas valve opens and the water gets turned off before it finishes cycling). Meanwhile, we ran slap out of propane Friday and the gas people couldn't deliver until today. We told them the tank was empty; they didn't bother to tell us we had to be home when they deliver to fill an empty tank, and we went blithely off this AM to get our flu shots and run errands for DS#3. We got home to find the nastygram from the gas folks and when DH called they said, oh, maybe tomorrow, otherwise Thursday.

This was frosting on the cake; we had an incident at Wally World, picking up DS' supplies; the cashier dropped a small box into one of our bags and I fished it back out and told her it wasn't ours, it must have belonged to the people in front of us. She said she didn't ring it up and continued to ring up & sack our order. I asked DH to doublecheck his receipt and sure enough, there was the item! He turned back and told her and she said well, that was too bad, and handed him the item. So off we went to Customer Service to get a refund and lodge a complaint.

I hope tomorrow is better!

My day was going well and then my afternoon went right downhill. Luckily the dh - and reading this forum - is my therapy. So, I did some of the baseboard for the bedroom of the Arthur. I am trying to make some of my own furniture (very primitive), so I sanded it and started priming it. Yesterday I bought a little hand saw and mitre box, so I got to use them today with the baseboard. Last week I bought a little drill, so I love drilling holes. Last night I made a dog out of pipe cleaners and a button with a dog's face on it. I laugh whenever I look at it.

Need to correct some papers, but would rather drill holes or saw something.

Thanks for listening.

The guys with the gas truck showed up after lunch! :p so we didn't have to go out for supper and I got to take a HOT shower & wash my hair! We got regular flu shots yesterday; they aren't recommending the H1N1 vaccine for us OFs because we have built up enough immunity over the years that we're less susceptible than babies, children, teens & younger folks. Either that, or we're expendible.

I miss you too Heidi. I'm just catching up on some posts today. I've started putting the black asphalt shingles on my Cranberry, porch is done, and half way up the roof, and touched up the white paint. It had yellowed somewhat in the 6 years of sitting there. Waiting for my 50 foot roll of tapewire to arrive so I can get at the interior. It has been shipped...

Tomorrow I go in for cataract surgery.Hopefully there will be no complications and Dr says I can get back to real life immediately. Still haven't shaken this cough, hope that will not be a problem tomorrow. Dr is aware and didn't seem concerned. Hubby is still an exhausted mess, Have been working on him to go into see his Dr and consider a pace maker. Keep telling him I want him to stick around a little while longer. I am not sure how it will all work out.