What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Preparing the last things to take along to the new house as I have the rest of the wek off from school and MIL is picking me up in a few minutes, looking forward to that! Miss hubby as well as he has been there working on the house since Friday.

Hugs and take care now and happy Halloween to all who celebrates, might be able to sneak in now and again, but not sure when or where LOL

SUNSHINE!! WA HOO!!. Today is only the 3rd day in October that the sun has been out. The rest of the month has been dark, dreary with dark low hanging clouds. When it wasn't drizzling it was raining! Haven't done any fall yard work or got the garden cleaned up. Hope this streak can last.

Today is Natalie`s 16th Birthday. We are having chinese food, I am making a marble cake from scratch, and we will play a board game later.

She is still under the weather and home today (i think it is the flu) but she is doing much better. Chelsea is a little sick also but I think she got a mild version like Natalie.

I am fine. I either had mild version OR it was sympathy flu..LOL

Going to start the cake here soon.

Happy Birthday to Natalie!!

We're home today, figuring out what we're doing each day on our holidays starting tomorrow. Also getting some printies together so I can do some gluing while we're away in case I'm bored... but I have got 4.5 books to read too. And we're doing plenty during the day, so should be occupied but hopefully relaxed too. So exciting!!!

Also doing some laundry of stuff we want to take along. Think that is all jsut about hanging up now.

Anyone got any particular places in London we should visit that are mini related?

I hope you both have a great time, Muriel! Sounds like fun

DH started laying the kitchen floor today,. I'm sure he wanted to get started before I could change my mind again! But it does make such a big difference in the way the room looks!

Today we are going to carve the pumpkins. I have to bring them in soon to warm them up.

I got a letter about heating assistance. We were denied because of our income. But I can re-apply. I have to call today to make an appointment. Chelsea is not working anymore so maybe that was the difference in pay that made it over income. I hope so. I pray so.

Marble cake was good. Natalie had a good birthday. Now I must clean up the mess! LOL

I will be trying to finish up the contest scene today and over the weekend.

Put the base of the Tennyson together. Got alot of decisions to make on this one. I'll be hard wiring it.

I always have issues with the tape wire, unless it's a super small structure with not many paths :ohyeah:

If quite a handful is code words for PIA..yes he is.

He is smart as a whip. When he gets into something and you shoo him away..he is right back on it. I did not even put out half of my Halloween treasures because of HIM.

He is in for it though. He is scheduled for his fix on Nov 5..hehehe

That should knock some of the wind out of his sails.

He is gorgeous. He is wonderful when he is nice...but oh my when he is bad he is horrid.

We got home from our week of hiking and paddling this afternoon and a deluge of emails (we usually don't have internet access when we camp). If we don't have to go to Charleston next week we may leave a couple of days early for the Alabama paddling event.

Every bone and muscle is screaming today. I spent yesterday manually sorting mailbags - each one weighing up to 11 kg, from 7:30 to 2:00 p.m. This postal strile is killing me. I am stunned by how manual our entire operation appears to be although I expect the real workers make a much easier job of it. I'm far too old for this lark.

Sitting at work this AM trying to figure out why I had that third chocolate Martini last night at a business dinner. Head hurts and I feel dehydrated plus I didn't get to bed until almost 11:30 and my normal bedtime is 9:00. Well the good thing is it is Friday!!!! Better half goes to the periodontist this morning and has 3 implants put in. His daughter is taking him because he will be sedated. Guess it will be a soup night tonight.

I am sick to death of being a nurse maid. I want to scream.. AHHHHHHHH!!

okay, that was better....not really. :p

Natalie is doing better but still not well enough to go to school. Chelsea is sick sick sick. Poor thing. I have been nursing her the past couple days. She has a low grade fever of 100.5 that goes with the meds and then come right back again.

I have been dosing her every 4 hours. Ginger ale, tea, broth, smoothies, etc etc.

Natalie`s friend has the swine flu (diagnosed) and she is really bad off. OMG it is bad. So I think these girls have a mild case of swine or just the garden variety flu.

Why do I think it might be swine? Because how fast it moves. It hits the next person really quickly.

Natalie`s friends that are going to school said the place is a ghost town. Usually you have to push your way thru the halls during periods, but now the halls are empty.

I think I am fine. It would have hit me already. My hands are in water constantly. Fred is fine also. He had flu shots.

Nat and I carved pumpkins yesterday and I made spicy/sweet pumpkin seeds.

Today I will run my usual errands and get back here so I can tend to Chelsea. She has her trip to Tennessee next Saturday so she has to get better. If not, we can delay her tickets. That is a good thing. But I think she will be fine by then.

It does get wearing when an illness strikes one at a time through the family. You may be the resident nurse Heidi but remember not to let yourself run down too, your immune system is not going to be too high right now either. Hopefully things will soon run their course and both girls will be up and their usual mmm"cheerful' self?

I see the tide is turning. Natalie is all better. Chelsea came downstairs yesterday and did not look like death warmed over. Her fever broke and she was hungry. One of the cruel things about this flu..you are starving..you get the plate of whatever food in front of you..and then you get nauseous. She was able to eat her favorite meal though, Chinese rice noodles, spinach, and a coconut milk/peanut butter sauce. She ate the whole plate!

Fred is going to put away the garden stuff today for me. I want to porch cleaned off for tonite (and the rest of the season). There is a threat of rain tonite so we may not see any trick or treaters anyway. I will make him bring the leftover chocolate to work..LOL

There is a threat of a Nurses strike very soon. It does not affect Fred but the outcome could. They want to take away accumulated sick time (you can have years of it on the books..Fred does) and give the Nurses just 7 sick days a year. The Nurses are going to fight it tooth and nail. If the hospital gets their way..it will trickle down as other contracts come up for arbitration. They also want to up to amount of hours you are eligible for benefits from 20 hrs a week to 24 hours a week.

I hope it turns out well.

Oh, good news about Natalie and Chelsea! It really can be awful when the flu or whatever runs through a family, one by one - the one who stays healthy and looks after the others needs nursing, or time in a fancy spa, herself (and it's so often HERself LOL) when it's all over. You take care of you, too, Heidi!

And speaking of nurses and contracts: This is just my opinion, but it's based on many, many days/hours/weeks of experience in hospitals and rehab facilities both as a patient and as the family of a patient. I think that whatever we can give to nurses in the way of compensation and/or perks, they should have it and then some. Yes, there are bad ones out there, careless ones, but the vast majority are truly wonderful people who not only take care of the folks in their charge, they care about them. And they do this in sometimes tough circumstances, for sometimes rotten pay, and in spite of whatever may be going on in their personal lives - they give of themselves in ways not common in other professions. And we wonder why there's always a nursing shortage?

Heidi, I hope the situation where you are has a good outcome for everyone.

Okay, climbing down off my soapbox and walking away....

Very true about nurses. We have seen so many during DH's surgeries over the years, and with our DIL being one. The hospitals cut back so much that each nurse is carrying 40 patients instead of the recommended 15-20, and they still manage to give each pt the best care they can. I couldn't do what they do.

DH is going to try and finish the kitchen floor today. It's half wood and half tile right now, looks a little funny! I'm going to clean house and work on storybook trim, then get ready for tonite! Got bags fixed for the grands when they come over, and candy to hand out if any little goblins show up at our door. There's very little of that here, anymore. Most of the churches and bigger business have trunk or treat sites so that the kids and the treats they get, are all safe rather than wandering the neighborhood. Can't wait to see my two little ones in their costumes!