What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Hope your surgery comes out as well as you hope, Beverly.

Heidii, feeling much more chipper soon, I hope, ditto for everyone else who is feeling lousy.

Me, I had an insomnia phase for 3 nights running, slept about 3-4 hours a night and had been dragging myself around. Slept through the night last night, though, which is great.

Yesterday afternoon I put together a casserole, shoved it in the oven, then layed down for a few minutes. I didn't think I was going to fall asleep, after all, I hadn't been able to fall sleep on the other days. This time, however, I woke up two hours later, and the menfolk didn't notice that the casserole had been slowly turning into charcoal in the oven.

I ordered a couple of pizzas.

Today, on a happier note, it's DS's 16th birthday. Birthday cake and gifts await, and if he doesn't have too much homework, he said he'd like to go to his favorite restaurant for dinner. Goodie. I hope he has very little homework. I love not cooking.

*waves* long time, no see – again!

Life has been so crazy! I thought I'd have all this spare time after the wedding was over, but no dice!

We had lots of house guests (staying in the crafting/computer room, of course), I switched jobs, started Soo Bahk Do lessons and have been working on some freelance websites, in addition to commissioned doll face painting. I am very giving of my spare time! :p

I'm really hoping to get around to finishing my bakery build and starting to craft mini foods. I even went to Michael's today to buy a pasta machine, but no luck! They either moved where they keep them or are sold out. Just as well, their lines were too long to get back to work within my lunch hour!

Tonight I have my Soo Bahk Do lessons and then I need to keep working on these websites. I keep saying when I'm done with them, NO MORE! But family just LOVES to tell their friends about how I can build them a website in no time...

So four websites and one doll face from now, I will get back to Tilly's bakery! (And I really wanted to make her some Halloween treats for a photograph, too. Darn!)

Hurry up & feel better, Heidi, I've got such a {BIG HUG} saved up for you! I have really been enjoying that we have gas again! I also started priming the interior walls of the rso Fairfield. TEDIOUS! Beverly, I want to hear good results from your cataract surgery; our eye doctor says mine aren't not "big enough" yet.

feel better, Heidii!

Had day off to spend cleaning my 'studio' area of our bedroom. It looks much better. Got a surprise visit on FB from old friends. Since the peacock feathers shawl is finished, started on a new knitted shawl. Sons made Philly steak sandwiches for a friend who came to supper. George is a Korean War Vet. We watched the movie "Hopscotch" (Walter Matthau)...very funny

Gayle, a "peacock feather" shawl? How's it different from a "pineapple shawl"? (I'm sure there's differences, my mind refuses to cooperate this AM!) I found a bagful of the loveliest gray yarn in one of the thrift stores we hit during the rainy day at the beach a couple of weeks ago & that sound just like the sort of thing I'd like to make from it!

We hit town running yesterday, we had accumulated about six large bags of clothes & one of housewares we no longer use and toted them off to our favorite charity thrift shop and then made the rounds. Since it wasn't Tuesday ("Seniors' Day"), we skipped the Good Will stores for the most part. We managed to stack up on the loot. One of the church thrift stores relocated in the building our kayak outfitter used to occupy. DH found several little N-scale houses for his collection and we both found books. In fact, on our way to the Refuge House thrift store (which was closed, not a good sign) we passed a new used bookstore (is that an oxymoron?) in an old Quonset hut across the street and I found a book by one of our favorite authors, Rabindranath Tagore, that we neither of us have ever read. And the Salvation Army hasn't moved yet: all their stuff is 50% off until they relocate.

We dropped off DH's three bagsful of clothes at our son's house, since he probably knows almost every homeless person in Tallahassee and often provides them with clothing, when he has extra to spare, and food, when he has it, and he used to offer a place to stay until the last one. He may be disabled with mental illness and occasionally looks very scary, and rarely acts that way, but he has SUCH a good, big heart!

This AM our electric coop has elections & a business meeting. Ever since the fish & game folks and the power boat lobbyists have decided to try to sock paddlers with fees to pay for public concrete boat ramps and increased fish & game salaries we've taken a more active interest in attending meetings of government & other bodies that impact our lives & the quality thereof.

Not planning to do much today. We got our flu shots and I am really kinda droopy the past day or so. I know they say that the shots don't make you sick, but I have had some kind of reaction to it. But we figured we'd better get them now, flu is rampant at the college right now, they had to cancel a volleyball game because 6 of the team members have the flu! So I'm just gonna piddle around the house and maybe get some more shingling done.

OMG it is cold this morning. I had to drag out the portable heater for the living room.

Today I am going to start working on painting a wooden rocking horse for my friend`s GD. It is going to be all white with purple and lime green accents. Baby is still not big enough to use it so I have at least a month to work on it.

I want to go to the cider mill today. We will see if I get there or if regular Saturday stuff gets in the way.

I must clean my bedroom up and then I am off the craft building to do more organizing and maybe make a mini or two..

I took a vacation day today and was going to go to a festival but it has not stopped raining here long enough to go anywhere .. boohoo

So I will clean today.. as soon as the tylenol kicks in and arthitis is managable...

I am back!!!!! The cataract surgery went just fine. Only did one eye, the other will do for a while yet. The done eye is as good now as it was before the surgery and will only get better in the next few weeks. all the drops are driving me nuts though. I may try to do some mini work this weekend!!!!!

Hooray Beverly! Glad all went well.

I'm doing nothing special. Need to do some more plant moval, and return some library books. I think I'll let DS drive me. B)

DH is going to spend the afternoon with some buddies he used to know from work. They have an annual get together.

Good news indeed Beverly!

Well today I'm finishing up The Howling Hat Shoppe. I wanted to have it done by the end of Sept. so that all the witches can do their pre-Samhain/Halloween hat shopping B)

I'm really getting excited about Halloween now, and I made a little shelf for the occasion.

post-2364-1253983273_thumb.jpg

I've been missing the past few days while I chauffeur around our distinguished visitors, the quilters of Gee's Bend and their manager. They're here for the annual quilt show of our local guild. The ladies of the guild keep thanking me for taking charge of the guests. Little do they know that this has been a complete flat out pleasure. The ladies are the sweetest and very caring. The show ends this afternoon, and they fly out in the morning. They're coming over here for supper tonight. I think they've had enough of restaurant food, especially in restaurant-challenged Marshall, MO. B)

Oh ... I found a hand crocheted potholder at the quilt show that will make a perfect bedcover for some lucky mini person. Life is good! B)

Been busy "demolishing" the balcony part of the house, gotta' say I love the DeWalt hubby bought a couple of weeks ago, made the tearing down part a breeze for the bits and pieces I could use it for, then on came the trusty crowbar... B) And we got the water and all back as well so it is possible to live in the house again, yay! We also go to the point where we can start fill in the trenches a little, still need to get the drainage well installed but that will hopefully happen this week.

I on the other hand will be off for a two day conference in Stockholm so hubby will have to see to that...

Hugs

Sounds fascinating Anna! Hope you're taking lots of pictures!

Had an overnight stay at my sisters, which was very nice. Had a bbq - haven't had one all summer I don't think!

Home again now, should do some work, but chilling out is more fun. Maybe I'll have another look at electrifying the Franklin. Someone at work found out I make dollhouses and wants one for her granddaughter, so I may soon have another one to build. So better get on with the Franklin; it has to be finished before the wedding in May! Ooh, scary electrification! .... now where did I put those brads? Haven't a clue! Hmmmm

Sad day today. I have to take our oldest male cat Baby to the vet to be put to sleep. He has been declining all weekend. He is 13 years old. Natalie is upset with me. She thinks I should spend the money for testing but Fred and I know better. If he was a young cat, we would find out what is wrong. But it is not financially feasible for us at this time.

I think it is hitting us hardest because he is the last cat of the original two that came with us to our house when we first moved in. Plus Chingy passed away this spring.

I am hoping that Fred can take him because I really do not want to do it this time.

Awwww, Heidi, I am so sorry. And I agree - sometimes the most loving thing to do is to not prolong the agony, Baby's AND yours.

When my Kiki's time came (at age 19) we chose not to do any testing, medicating, etc., either. Even after 16 years of very loving and tolerant care, she was still too emotionally scarred by abuse in her early years to have been able to tolerate any sort of daily medications, with all the handling, shoving things down her throat, or...NO! Better to send her on her way to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully and with love.

My thoughts are with you today.

I have been super busy lately & not much time to come in here. I'm rebuilding my shed in my yard before winter hits to store materials, etc. DW had her knee operated on 2 weeks ago & this Thur. she gets her eye operated on.

Yesyerday they moved 2 new generators for Three Mile Island through here. It was a once in a lifetime thing to see. These things weighed over 800 tons & they spent weeks preparing for the move. It was like a parade with people in lawn chairs lining the road when they passed....at 3 miles per hour !

The enclosed pic is of me standing in front of one of them.

Other than that, I am working on my castle project & the contest gazebo kit. Always something to do !

Steve in PA

post-1188-1254228966_thumb.jpg

Still stitching. After the third dry fit I've begun the slo-o-ow process of prepping the trims and deciding on colors. Since I'm bashing two Fairfields together I needed to make alterations in the room assignments.

Inventing some new mini-doll accessories, both knit and crochet, and thinking about trying a tiny knit sweater. Well, I've been thinking about THAT for over a year LOL. Also beginning to think I may have to dig out my grandma's old-fashioned gooseneck magnifier glass pretty soon.

I'm also trying to arrange a grocery shopping trip for tomorrow to the City (Ellensburg). There's a shuttle bus that makes the 60-mile plus round trip several times a day that'll pick me up at my place and take me wherever for a couple of dollars, which is a wonderful thing for us folks who don't have cars. But you better not be in a hurry, because the shuttle may wander all over, picking up and delivering people. It's a great way to see our county, and the last time I rode the thing (over a year ago), it got to be kind of like a rolling party!

Sounds like fun Mary! (though I'd need an anti travel sickness pill or two to keep me happy :) )

Very busy day at work today, helped a shop catch up, but meant we did nearly 4 days work in one day (had about half a days help from another pharmacist which was great).

Car was making strange noises when I breaked at slow speeds. Sounded like there was something rubbing against the wheel, but the noise would only happen when I breaked at about 5 mph, and even then not all the time. Took it in to the garage yesterday and they sent me home in a courtesy car, didn't want me driving the other one really. Anyway, turns out the break barrel needs replacing. Thank goodness that is under warranty! They couldn't get the part in until tomorrow morning, but as I can't leave work even for 10 minutes I'll have their car until I can pick mine up on Thursday morning.

Did look into electrification, but then did wedding stuff yesterday morning instead of lighting, and in the afternoon had to spend ages waiting for them to look at my car, and then did grocery shopping. So another week has disappeared!