What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Here's a thought, Muriel. Could you get the needlepoint canvas, make your baskets out of that, and then paint them? It would have the tiny holes and scale, but is stiff enough to cut and glue into a basket shape. And I know it's paintable, I used to paint my own needlepoint design onto canvas and then just fill in the colors on the canvas with thread.

You could cut the baskets all in one piece like a cardboard box. A big square for the bottom with 4 sides sticking out from it. Then just fold up the sides, crease them good, and run a tiny thread of glue down the corners. Right now I can't think of what to finish the top edge with though. Maybe a piece of tiny ribbon, some of that really narrow stuff like is used for dollhouse clothing. Once it was spray painted it should be pretty durable.

I did make some for the original pharmacy, but they were a bit fiddly and delicate...

gallery_2387_2012_510189.jpg

If it was for me, or for a present where I am doing it on the tightest budget, then I'd make them again, but as someone else is paying for it I would kinda prefer not to spend the ages making them...

But using thicker material like the needlepoint stuff might be worth looking into, good idea! It is a bit less flimsy... Found a fair not toooo far away end of november, so will try and get down to that before I start making baskets.

I bookmarked that seller too Anna, could well be an option!

Anyone know of mini stores in London? going there for a few days first week of november.

Mum called a little while ago from NY, they had had a slow morning after the trip and arrival yesterday and would go out on a tour around the city with a guide. Just a tad envious afcourse :thumb:

Hugs

You didn't manage to fit into their suitcase Anna??

I'm finally getting going on the pharmacy, planning it all out and about to figure out what all I'm going to put on the shelves. Just thinking about the ceiling too. they are normally false ceilings with foam type boards set on metal beams (the boards are about 1.5ftx1.5ft in RL). Was thinking about foamboard. Score it and paint the beams maybe.

Lol, the more I think about it, the more great ideas I get...but the more time consuming it is :thumb:

Nope, unfortunatley not LOL, not that i didn't think about it... Serisoulsy, we are sooo going to travle to the US someday, not this year as the RL house takes priority, figure that huh?!? :thumb:

I know the trouble with thinking about things for a period of time, it sure does escalate easily then, but I know you will make a fab job of this scene Muriel and look forward to seeing it come together!

Hugs

I don't feel like doing anything. It's been sneaking up on me all week and hit me full force last night. I just don't want to do a darn thing. I'd like to just sit and watch TV, but there's nothing on that I want to watch. I wish I had an interesting book to read, but the last one I got hasn't drawn me in. It's taken me a week to get halfway through chapter two.

I have to drag sonny boy out to buy him a pair of pants and a shirt. He doesn't want to shop, I don't want to shop, but we have to go and shop.

I dont feel like doing much of anything today either. Chelsea comes home from Mass today and there are a ton of leaves to rake but I cannot do that. Maybe a little bit but nothing that is going to hurt me.

Have a great Sunday all!

Trying to get my chores done, and I'd rather play. We did go buy groceries and fix Halloween bags for the grands. Now I need to recover the seats on the rest of the kitchen chairs, do laundry, etc. Or maybe I'll just go play with my dollhouse!

there are a ton of leaves to rake but I cannot do that. Maybe a little bit but nothing that is going to hurt me.

Tell those two girls of yours to get off their butts and go do the raking! Why should you do it when they're fit and healthy and won't be hurt/exhausted by the raking?? :thumb:

I'm having a good sunday. Finally getting into doing some miniing - i think it is because I know I've got more time than just the day to continue working on it.

Chris has been building his warhammer figures in the study all day watching films I don't particularly want to watch. He watched Naked Gun 2 1/2 and I could hear bits here and there, and then he put on another film. Sounded like a very similar style film, slapstick comedy style. Turns out it is Dr Strangelove, but honestly just listening to the dialogue it sounds just like a naked gun/airplane film.

We've got yummy steak pie in the oven and some potatoes boiling on the stove - in fact sounds like they might be boiling over.....checking..... yes, a little enthusiastic boiling, but it is on the small flame. Guess i better go pay some attention to it! cook some veggies while I'm there.

Sounds like the purr-fect start to some days off Muriel! I will be working tomorrow and half of Tuesday then will have te rest of the week off and MIL is fetching me so that I too can get over to the new house. Hubby is there allready working his tail off LOL and will have the next week so he will have sore muscles...

Hugs

As it turns out, Anna, I didn't get anything done so far! DS2's wife and kids went to see her parents so he was home alone yesterday. I talked to him last night and he said he'd come over for lunch today. When he wasn't here by 11:30, DH called and got his voice mail. Didn't think much of it until his wife called and said he hadn't answered the phone all day. If you are a mother, you know what we did-jumped in the car and took off to his house, 50 miles away!

I don't think I breathed half the way over there, imagined everything from carbon monoxide poisoning to a burglar with a gun. When we got there I was shaking, I was so scared! Banged on the door, and there he stood! His phone is broke! So we took him out for Mexican food and drove home, and I am too worn out now, mentally, to do anything!

How very scary Sherry! I'm so glad everything turned out well in the end. (And so often I find that the person being worried about hasn't a clue and doesn't occur to him to get in contact to say all is well!)

I feel better now, Anna. It was just a scary drive over there. Can you tell I'm a bit of a fanatic about all my kids and grands??

Glad to hear that and caring about the loved ones is pretty OK!

Hugs

I am up before the rooster...if we had a rooster.

Early bedtime, full bladder, and whiskers in my face woke me up. Oliver likes to shove his face in my face and give me kitty kisses to wake me up. I guess that is better then climbing the headboard and dive bombing me.

MonsterFace is at his Fall post. He sits next to the computer over by the end of the heater looking for mice. I am guessing he remembers or he hears something. I am hoping he just has a good memory. LOL

Chelsea is home from her trip to New Bedford Mass. She had a good time. She will be home for two weeks and then off to Tennessee. I am going to miss her.

I did not even come close to finishing the plastic on the windows. We had a warm up this weekend and seemed stupid to do it. I am going to get some of them done today though. It must be done. If I do not do it, Fred wont. And then it will be cold in here. So I better get cracking on that.

Yesterday I did a small amount of yard work. I was out there for about 15 minutes and then I was done. I cut down one of the huge hostas, cut down some other perennials in the front, bagged those...and did a bit of raking. I did not bag the leaves.

My friend`s son is going to help Fred with that this year. I will pay him well for helping. He needs the money. He is not 16 yet so he cannot go out and get a job.

The house is clean (love it!). My Mil, Sil, and niece decided to show up on Saturday. They did not even call and tell us. But I was lucky. Sil is one of my FB friends and she mentioned she was coming to CT. So I asked her. I was able to have her come to visit after the baby shower they were going to. That gave us 5 hours to clean the downstairs, get beverages and a snack (they loved the grapes), and get everyone out of their jammies.

It was a good visit. They stayed for an hour or so.

I hate when they do not let you know they are showing up! Hate it!

had a great time. The week went by like lightening! Drew some pieces I was very happy with, and was humbled through many others. The weather ranged from snow showers the day before we got there, to 70's, to 40 mile per hr winds and frigid the night before we got home. Typical for this time a year. Today Jim picked up my State Fair entries and ribbons.

Mary, the PFS won a blue ribbon! The black lace scarf and the Lincoln House (RGT kit) got blue ribbons! Two drawings were juried in to hang in the art gallery. Fair ended yesterday, so Jim fetched everything home today