Dollhouse Abuse!!!

lumberjacksgurl

So you may recall me whining that the WESTVILLE I WON in the halloween madness had not yet arrived in another post.

Dean and I have been going back and forth with PMs (not PMS :( ) to track it. It stated that it had been delivered Nov 2nd!!!! The shipping addy was correct I found out today as well.

So, I phoned my hubby and grilled him yet again..has it arrived, is it there, are you SURE?...no, no, yes! I then said have a good look around, I have been bugging poor Dean about this.

The following is what I wrote to Dean just a short time ago and thought that you all may get a gas out of it after being aghast!!!!

Well Dean..finally the bottom of the issue has come to the surface!!!!!

I have a husband to GIVE AWAY!!!! I just phoned him, made him put on his boots and go out in the snow to search around the house as the shipping info was correct. Let's say I was not nice to him!

He comes back and says "Is it a greenleaf box?" DUHHHHHHH!!!!! :p So what must have happened is that the delivery guy signed for it himself and then put it behind our garbage cans on the driveway rather than on the deck or between the doors!

Still no excuse for my hubby who had drug the garbage out several times since (He said it looks like it is in the garbage pile...my repsonse, why did u not get rid of it"!! Not to mention that he would look right at it EVERY time he has pulled in and out of our drieway!!!!

The good news (according to my completely unreliable, to give away hubby) is that the shipping office double packed it and sealed it well. He has opened it and states that the instructions are not even wet, although the exterior of the box shows some moisture. This box has sat outside in the weather and snow at up to -38 degree temps for 32 days that I know of!!!

So thank you Dean for your Sherlock skill, and my most sincere appologies for asking in the first place. From now on, I will simply assume my hubby is inadequate and look for it myself when I return home!! ( Though I do not think I would have survived waiting until Feb to get out of the hospital to seek it myself)

My hubby will be sufficiently brow beaten and I have told him to expect several accusations of abuse from you and the forum as I will post this debocale in a thread as well!!

Michelle

Yes, I will give him away!! Any takers?? Hmmmm thought not, anyone want to add to the brow breating though?? Bet there is takers there!!! :)

Look at it this way, Michelle. The dh survived, and now your DH has some major "sucking up" to do!! I'm sure he's really a wonderful guy - and will make a perfectly adequate slave for a few months, at least! Lol.

I had a mix-up with UPS last week. I live on a single lane rural road and got a package delivered to me by mistake to an address that doesn't even exist. The UPS guy knows it wasn't my address, but left it there because it was the closest in number to the non-existant address. Turns out the phone number the package should have went to was clear across the state so it must have been the shipper's mistake. Luckily UPS came the next day and picked it up. The thing is I was even home when he delivered it. He just knocked once and left it on my doorstep. By the time I got to the door he was off down the road. If I was slightly less honest, I could have kept the package and nobody would have been the wiser.

Bury them up to their necks in snow and then pelt them with snowballs! They should also be beaten with wet noodles! Where are their heads?! We won't go there, we won't go there!

Anyway no harm done I hope. The house seems in good shape and not moist all the way through. I'm surprised the trash man didn't take it away....then you would have three men to chastize!

Wolfie

Your DH sounds like mine--can't find a thing even if it is under his nose. But the UPS guy would be catching the devil from me, what was he thinking to hide a package behind the garbage cans????

Don't you just love our significant others? My fiancee threw away some window casings. Don't you just love that. He thought it was scrap wood. I said never touch anything again! Luckily he hasn't, and I was able to salvage my pieces.

I would most certainly complain about the incompetance of the UPS guy. There's got to be an office that deals with this sort of thing, so it doesn't happen to other dollhouses! I don't think I'd let it go. As for hubby, oh boy, what I'd do to him, is beyond words I can use here, if he left one of mine out in the cold!! But I suppose in his deffense it could be an oversight, maybe, perhaps.... Lucky for me, I always get the same UPS driver (he's even chased me down the street, screaming he had my house from the truck window, once, and always makes sure he delivers before 1 p.m., 'cause he knows I leave for work-He'll also bring the box right in, and look at the last one I built. He only missed me once, and it was left, well nestled between the doors.) As for my DH, he knows to check really well if I'm expecting any package, 'cause I tend to get cranky, when something is late arriving. He says it's in his best interest to remember to look for the "happy making" box, lol

Oooops, but good thing you kept persisting in making your hubby look for it and good thing it actaully was there!!! Perhaps your hubby will be there building with you as a "Make good" kind of deal LOL ???

Great the mystery of the house is solved atlast, perhaps it will want to become a fairy house or a house for the tiny outdoor people after its adventure whoknows???

HUGS

What the?????

In this day and age I would have thought, as a liberated woman, you'd be beating your husband over the head for the right to take the rubbish out on a cold and winters day. Surely you must shoulder 99% of the blame for letting down woman’s rights and all that stuff.

Am I right Guys or am I right????

Oh, your poor little house....brrrr!!! Thank heavens you found it and it will be alright after such a horrible experience.

As for taking hubby off your hands, no thanks...I have my own to contend with :ohyeah: , and he has been known to clean out file cabinets, etc., and threw away our Marriage License, Birth Certificates and an appraisal on an inherited diamond ring...and believe it or not, I'm STILL married to this person!!! :evil: If he EVER in any way, messes up one of my dollhouse "items", he will be banished to Upper Slobovia (where ever THAT is) and even THAT may not be far enough away from my wrath!!! ;) :p

Anyways, glad you have your Westville now, and do enjoy your little treasure!!

Chris