What's everyone working on?

Well I did the most stupid thing, I have signed up for another class in June. Another project to finish up!!!!!! I really will have to buckle down and finish up some of my current unfinished projects. Sigh!!!!!!

I have also been doing a lot of photographing the individual pieces of furniture. Discovered a lot I had forgotten I had gotten for various projects.

I want to start taking pictures of the pieces I have so I can document for insurance purposes when I find an insurance company.

I take photos of minis as I buy them. Once I have about 15-25 items I get the lightbox and camera set up and go through take pics of each one. I could not imagine going back now and taking pics of all my minis with over 400 pieces of Bespaq, all the light fixtures and hundreds of other pieces I have collected for 3 large houses and one half-scale house - I would probably go mad!

Valerie

Hi Kathy,

It's Ron Hubble's class on the The Madinat al-Zahra de Cordoba. It was feature in a recent copy of Dollhouse Miniatures and when I saw it I was dumb founded. It is gorgeous. He has not had a class out here on the east coat but when I contacted him he indicated he was puting one together down in long island and he still has a few spaces. I love the exotic and I tend to try to recreate a version of it. He qualifies without question.

http://www.ronhubble.com

I am also back to working on the MTC and the roof is giving me fits. I definitely have to get it done!

Yes Tracy. Was lucky to find the tables and footstools from a gal in Austrailia. They haven't come yet but hopefully with in the next week or ten days. I also snagged a French day bed for the Diva. DH wonders when she is going to be moved from his kingdom. Don't know why he is in a snit about it, He has not used the exercise room down in the basement for the last couple of years.

Valerie, Wish I had been so wise in taking pictures as well but somehow never got around to it. One more unfinished project.

I started the roofing on my 1:24 Chantilly "Gull Cottage" today. I went with an unconventional choice for the 'shingles' and am hoping like mad it turns out ok. I figure I am allowed to exercise artistic license now and then, and since the story behind the house is a total fantasy...why can't the roof shingles be slightly 'different', right? I'm just going to say that the house, being built by a well-traveled sea captain..well, he 'blended' different styles from all his travels into one house. Works for me..I hope. LOL

At any rate..that's where I'm at. The brickwork paper is all finished and I still have some 'raised' bricks to add here and there, finish the roof and widow's walk, and then...dive back into finishing the interior (which I have been putting off, and putting off...) All in all, a LONG way to go yet, but I try to get at least a little something done each day. Makes me feel better that I get something done, however small or minute it is.

I guess I've been in the clean-it-up and organize mode lately too. I've let things slide in the house :secret: (don't tell anyone!) and my housewife conscience finally got my attention! But there's no sense in being too radical -- just worked on 2 rooms today. I've also been sort of doing an inventory, starting with the dolls in my collection. Years ago I didn't have any mini-dolls and didn't want them; now I have a rapidly growing collection. :pcwhack: So I've been cataloguing them with pictures, date of purchase, source, amount of purchase.

I am resisting all contests - the RGT Build-Along is starting today without me; the HBS Creatin' Contest kit is out there (but not here) and I WILL resist the Spring Fling! :nono: I've got too many things unfinished that I need to get back to.

Yes Tracy. Was lucky to find the tables and footstools from a gal in Australia.

Oh good Beverly! I've been worrying about that! I actually saw some more stuff for sale by her today and thought about you... So glad you found what you needed. Now I really can't wait to see your room!

Finally got to work on the Tudor house. I had to turn the house around on its worktable, which is a bear of a job. Everytime I do that there's a real risk of the thing toppling off the table. At close to 100 lbs., there isn't much I can do to stop it.

Now that I had finished that task I was able to remove the last of the elecrified vertical wood panels in the living room. The middle section of wiring will need to be replaced, spliced with the two adjacent sections of wiring and then all 4 outlets will be re-soldered. Hopefully after all that I won't see any more blue sparks coming from the plug for this circuit.

Right now I'm working on the kitchen in my willowcrest... its a modern take of the 50's diner style thats popular again :) its similar to my own kitchen at home..... next up is the down stairs hallway.. boyfriend has made me a little occasional table so i need to also make a nice rug to match... think im going with a raspberry colour.. but who knows.. :)

Finally got the roof figured out/bashed on the MTC. (I think!) anyway it is in dry fit and still needs a bit of adjusting but I think it will work. Will have to make a few adjustments for the tower fit and repair a couple of walls in the attic area then I can start on the rocking of both the tower and cottage exterior.

I've finished doing the stonework in the hearth of the first and second floor fireplaces on my Brookwood. I ran out of stones for the 3rd floor, and now I'm dragging my feet on finishing it (the stones are here, I just need to put them in place). Instead I've been working on the staining for the stairs and parts of the chimney.

6836077707_c9ceeac4cc.jpg

The stairs and some trim

6836055449_963933c3b1.jpg

The flash is messing with the colors, but the staining is the same color as the stairs, but this picture shows the hearth as well.

And yup, the paper I lay down to work on is from a Nature science journal. I'm a bit of a nerd. But I'm tired of having all these old copies lying around when I can access all the articles online.

I'm working on the interior of my 1/144 scale Beacon Hill. I scanned in all the wallpaper scraps from my 1/12 scale BH and then pieced it together in Photoshop and then shrunk it down and printed it. It was really hard to get it to be the right color, but I got it pretty close (my printer inks are old so color isn't the best). And so I've made templates for all the walls and floors and then am now cutting the paper for each room. I have most of the furniture already and I can't wait to get it put together and into the big house. I LOVE the mini house in a mini house, super exciting! Oh, and I have a dollhouse for the 1/144 house, its paper. Even more exciting :jump1:

Now working on fireplaces for the MTC. The basement one is done and the main floor one is now roughed out and the base is drying. The attic one will take a little thinking, It should be small. Suggestions?

I'm working on the interior of my 1/144 scale Beacon Hill. I scanned in all the wallpaper scraps from my 1/12 scale BH and then pieced it together in Photoshop and then shrunk it down and printed it. It was really hard to get it to be the right color, but I got it pretty close (my printer inks are old so color isn't the best). And so I've made templates for all the walls and floors and then am now cutting the paper for each room. I have most of the furniture already and I can't wait to get it put together and into the big house. I LOVE the mini house in a mini house, super exciting! Oh, and I have a dollhouse for the 1/144 house, its paper. Even more exciting :jump1:

Those micro houses are fun, aren't they, Cindy? I've really enjoyed making them, and will be making more in the future. I like your idea of the micro within the micro (don't have a number on that one!) I had a little lead church which was about the right size. I painted it and put it in the attic of my micro Garfield. I just ordered some software that will print these little things to any scale you choose. Can't wait to experiment with it. :pcwhack:

Hi Everybody! I' m back....decided to rework my VT Farmhouse Jr. I have been away from my minis for so while and now I a fired up to rehab my first time mistakes! Pictures soon I have a new camera that really gets the details.

:bear:

I need a break from sanding!!! :p I have the acrylic nails and I noticed that two of my nails are now crooked and shorter than the rest of them!!! :p

I have the two side walls done, and the small spacer wall done, I am working on the front wall now, I still have the bay and the bay sides, and then the triangles, and then I will be able to prime, and then sand, but a lot less sanding!!! I'm stoked to paint my new exterior color, I LOVE it!!! :)

I am a HUGE planner, I work with a very limited budget, so I try to plan things out to make the most out of my money...I just ordered my daughter a Christmas present, (yes, Christmas 2012)... I got her the Loving Family Dollhouse super set, from Fisher-Price.com, they had a great sale...so I got a great deal and jumped on it!!! I am soo excited to give this to her, because all of her friends got one (for 2011) and she plays with her My First Dollhouse all the time, but Santa, Dad & I thought the big one was too much for 2011, so she's getting it next year!!! :)

I already have a Valentines, Easter, Birthday gift for her, so there is no worry of giving it to her early!!! :p

After finally figuring out how the roof lines should go around the tower I finished the inside paneling on the MTC roof, stained and put a coat of gloss varnish on it. Preliminary dry fit looks pretty good. I won't add it permanently until I have the rest of the interior finished and the tower attached. I tood some new pictures and added them to my album at flicker to show my progress but I still have a lot to do. I need to start work on the tower cutting out the doors and window of the tower then add the stairs and paperclay rocking.

In an attempt to replace the old, frayed wire in the Tudor's living room wall, I have made the problem worse. The plan was to tape the new wire to the end of the old wire, and pull the wire through the wall. Problem is, the tape worked its way off the wire, so now the living room has no wiring at all in the left wall. I'm going to attempt to run the new line through the ceiling joists and work it down to the wall fixture locations. It will take more wire and cause at least a slight heat load issue since the current will run several U turns in the wall.

I would say this was a disaster, but the outlets weren't working to begin with, so I'm in only a slightly worse mess than before.