What's everyone working on?

I've been waiting for door hardware to arrive (out of stock) so busied myself with a little landscaping for the Russian Lodge. This is probably the only major piece of landscaping on the build as the rest will be a cobbled courtyard - quite please really as I mow need to clean the whole house up - this scatter stuff tracks everywhere.

Jo your work is AMAZING. Congrats on the landscaping. It looks incredibly real!

The Russian Lodge is a once grand but now dilapidated country lodge belonging to an aristocratic family now fallen on hard times.

I'm always a bit nervous about putting my scruffy stuff up as many people do like to see pristine and pretty builds - but I guess there is room for all tastes.

I love that "through the looking glass" feel that your winter garden gives. It is so realistic--which is the look that I personally prefer as well. Your work is amazing--Congrats!

Jo, your gardens look wonderful! I love seeing realism like that, always blows me away and makes me smile. But, myself, I can't do it. I've tried, but it's against my personality or something. I've tried distressing wood, but always paint over it. I even have a hard time with spackle stucco, I just can't do messy and random I guess. The house I did for my niece, I covered in spackle then ended up sanding the whole thing smooth!

So I guess I will just have to enjoy yours and others realistic work. :)

Thanks Tracy, your Rose cottage courtyard and Rose Manor are both so beautiful, makes my garden look like the spare land at the end of a slum area - just needs a few broken bottles, syringes and bricks - lol.

Wow! Between Emily's beautifully painted trim and Jo's amazing garden, I'm longing to do some finishing work on my Tudor.

Jo's garden did give me an idea for a house. What if someone built a haunted mansion, but instead of making it just look old and creepy, the builder used some tricks Disney uses on their HM ride? Maybe ghostly reflections behind mirrors, servos wired to doors that make them slam open and closed by themselves? I remember seeing one of those holograph machines that looks like an inverted bowl that makes whatever is in the bowl appear above it. what if there was a way to install the device under the living room floor and put one of Jo's pirates in it? The pirate would appear to literally float above the floor! I already have the ball rolling for my next house, but there's so many skilled artisans on here who are more than capable of building it.

• Like 1

I'm painting trim. Why does trim take *forever*?

This weekend I painted some embossed trim for my Hillside Victorian. More labor intensive than I usually go for (I'm lazy!) but I think it came out okay...

Your trim is beautiful, Emily! That took a lot of patience and concentration!

I've been waiting for door hardware to arrive (out of stock) so busied myself with a little landscaping for the Russian Lodge. This is probably the only major piece of landscaping on the build as the rest will be a cobbled courtyard - quite please really as I mow need to clean the whole house up - this scatter stuff tracks everywhere.

The Russian Lodge is a once grand but now dilapidated country lodge belonging to an aristocratic family now fallen on hard times.

I'm always a bit nervous about putting my scruffy stuff up as many people do like to see pristine and pretty builds - but I guess there is room for all tastes.

Jo, you've done a great job on that patio. Makes you feel sorry for the poor neglected house - not getting the TLC it needs!

Jeremy - I picked up a set of holographic "gortrait" stickers from the Martha Stewart Halloween line this year. When you look at the image head on, it's a nice vintage portrait. When you turn it a bit, it turns into a demon. :hide: I'll be using them when I decorate the Heritage for Halloween this year.

The holograph bowl is a brilliant idea!

Last thursday I primed the interior walls of my RGT QA. Tomorrow I plan on finishing the tapewire so that i can start wallpapering this house! ;)

Finished the tape wire and tested it! everything works....so i chose wallpaper for each room Taking a tea break now and will either start cutting the wallpaper for each room or sew something for one of my 16" fashion dolls....not sure which ;)

I'm working on both Tia Bella and an Aster cottage. I bought the Aster for this year's Heart Ball donation. However, due to my daughter's surgery, and our niece Amy's death, I was unable to finish it in time for this past Saturday's auction. We have decided to skip the donations for a few years, so I'll probably save it until I find just the right person/place that it needs to go home with. I am pleased that Dan said that it is turning out to be my best build so far.

I may have a side project coming up for a paying customer.

I rode to the Hobby Lobby in Ocala last week to get more crown molding (they didn't have any) but I found a treasure for plastic model kit builders. They have a 1" scale model of a 2010 Mustang Shelby. I'm not a huge fan of Mustangs, but a co-worker just happens to have a 2011 Shelby, and has asked me to build it for him, matching his car's paint and other details. I've only seen a few kits in this scale and I've built two, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. The fee isn't bad either and I get to take a few pics of it in the Tudor's driveway before delivery.

What a lovely collection of tinies Tracy, so pretty.

Jeremy - congrats on getting a bit of paying work. Its so satisfying when we can make our hobby contribute towards its upkeep.

Yes it is! I used to build model kits as a side business for people who wanted the model, but didn't want to put them together. It was fun getting paid to build kits I otherwise wouldn't have bought. When I saw the Mustang I knew I wouldn't spend the money on that type of kit, but was curious about it's construction. I did do some searches and discovered that its a simplified kit (it only has 130 parts), so it won't be that interesting to build, but I will be able to complete it sooner than I thought. If only I knew anything about circuit boards- I would give it working lights and a back lit dash board.