What's everyone working on?

Jo, your Russian Lodge looks incredible! I was admiring the photos in your gallery.

I'm plugging away on trim on the Hillside Victorian (how come it takes forever to cut and paint all those tiny pieces but I never seem to finish any of it?!) This week I started on windows -- only painted two so far -- and bashed the front door to match.

post-7-0-55243300-1330141321_thumb.jpg post-7-0-74588100-1330141331_thumb.jpg post-7-0-85345400-1330141342_thumb.jpg

Fov I love love love the way your Hillside is coming along. The colorake it just pop with details.

I've been recovering from the surgery that removed a bone tumor from my right third metatarsal. Doctor's office called back to let me know it was benign and we will discuss the fancy name of whatever it was at my next appointment. In the mean time I am on no weight bearing status so I've been staying with my parents they've been wonderful watching my kids while I'm laid up. In the mean time I've been working on furniture for my Pickett Hill, new pictures are on my blog. I started the 1/144th scale Gingerbread Mansion last night, so far I have the floors stained and wallpapers chosen and I picked out the paint colors. It's great to have a hobby like this to pass the time.

Been having some fun with thefurniture pieces that will go into the shabby chic lighthouse, still not sure about which fabric to use for the chair up in the "lightroom" so woll have to sleep on it.

Hugs

I installed the first of 3 large sub-floor panels that cover up the 2nd floor joists. Also made and installed the last riser for the 1st floor staircase. Still trying to decide whether to turn the house around and start on the interior flooring or work on a few more details on the exterior first. The house is up against a wall, so I can only work on one side at a time, and turning over 100 lbs. of house on a small dining table takes a great deal of effort and a little risk.

Someone in your family a seedbead retailer? The chair is lovely, what kind of wood did you use?

Yesterday we had to run errands and I have found some really neat stuff, inclucing a wee painted spice rack with four glass spice jars on it, a packet of four of the Mexican woven grass "horses" in mini, and a packet of six mini straw brooms. Then our local Good Will had a wee cast iron kitchen range buried under miscellaneous stuff that I found.

She is just adorable. I like the little sunflower or daisy ..

I just finished shingling a roof............... the inhabitants are most pleased since it has been unfinished for more than a year..

She was made by a gal named Melanie of Melanie's Menagerie. Her etsy shop is under another name though: ponylover31. This little mushroom girl just made my day. I was having a grumpy morning but opening up the mail just turned my mood around.

eta: forget what I said about being under another name... that's just what was on the card she sent with the doll.

I haven't had time to work on the Beacon Hill for the past few days, but I'm thinking about it. I think I've decided to leave out a kitchen and bathroom. The designated kitchen will become the dining room and the center hall (which is usually the dining room) will be just a nice central hall. The two rooms on the second floor will be a bedroom and sewing room or two bedrooms (with a sewing area in the 2nd floor), and the upper floor will be a nursery or maid's room on one side and the doctor's study on the other.

I am realizing that old, dry plywood eats a whole lot of sealer. Can't wait for the gesso to get here in the mail (oh the joys of living in a small town, mail order.)

Am mentally going over some sort of electrical game plan for this Linfield and convincing myself that there is nothing to be nervous about, people wire electricity all the time. >.<

Kathie, wouldn't the kitchen & bathroom be in separate buildings anyway? BTW, y'all do remember you have an open invite to come visit any time we're home...

Cat, your little needle felted doll is uber-adorable!

Kathie, wouldn't the kitchen & bathroom be in separate buildings anyway?

Yup. The kitchen for sure. With thunder mugs under the beds and/or in commodes and wash stands in the bedrooms. I'm leaning toward a maid's room over a nursery so there will be someone in the house to empty them.

Still trying to make major progress with finishing touches on my Georgian -- Sunnybrook Farm. I have just finished the Music and Game Room. Lots of pics and " "how-to" on my blog:

http://irismarchcrea...s.blogspot.com/

Here's a preview:

post-47-0-44842900-1330873885_thumb.jpg

Hope you have some time to stop by!

B)