What's everyone working on?

post-6081-0-03497100-1328989337_thumb.jp

post-6081-0-42943000-1328989353_thumb.jp

I seem to spend more time in trying to figure out what to do next. By the time I'm done with that I'm out of time! The Eastside Townhouse is my first 1/2 scale house. I always feel as if my hands are in the way! Not sure what to do with the kitchen yet- hasn't spoken to me.

Guess I'll work on the bays.

I was not much in the mood to paint today, I don't guess. I did a little, but was a little messy on the edges. And since I'm painting trim that was already glued on (rehab), there are a lot of edges. There will be a lot of touch-ups later... Wish I had got more done while the sun was out. Maybe tomorrow.

Drilled openings thru the 2nd floor deck and top of the living room wall to re-wire the fixture outlets and successfully ran the wiring to the proper locations. Re-soldering of the connections will happen tomorrow. I finally feel like some progress is being made.

I have been absent from this forum for quite a while. I just started to build The Buttercup for a scholarship fundraiser for my school. This will be my second build project. My first was my fairy house, which I am happy to say children are delighted to play with.

I can't figure out how to update my gallery with this newer format. I went to my gallery, but didn't see where to add new files.

Just got my Buttercup today, here it is dry fit. Of course the kitty had to get involved.

Have been working ever soooo slowly on the roofing on Gull Cottage. Good heavens, here I thought my unconventional roofing would be easier than plain shingles, and it turns out it has been quite tedious and slow going (ugh). Shows how little I know, eh? Ever the learning experience. LOL And I have actually done this before on another project, although not a dollhouse...but I didn't take into account that the Chantilly has several angles and dormers, ...so, slowly I go. <_<

And the worst part? Not even 100% sure I'm lovin' the look, but it is definitely on there now, so onward and upward...(sigh) Perhaps by the end of the 'lesson', I will feel more enthusiastic about the choice I made.

That's where I'm at. How's everyone else doing??? ^_^ :sleep:

Two of the three living room wall panels have been re-wired and reinstalled. One left to go, but turning the house around is such a difficult job in itself, I'm going to change gears for a few days.

I'm going to finish the first two of 5 exterior walls on the 2nd floor. The small area between the chinmey shaft and turret windows in the library is a good place to start. The interior wall will be book case, so I don't have to wire, hinge or dress it.

If I don't hit too many more delays I should start fabrication of the 2nd floor inlay by the end of the month.

Have been working on the Kotton Kandy dollhouse. For the first time ever, I pre-painted the walls, stained the floors and wallpapered before assembly. During the critical point of assembly, (glue covered pieces and both arms trying to keep everything together), my naughty cat Nova, saw I was busy and so got up on top of my Westville. Despite my shouting and shooshing him away, he looked at me and ACTUALLY smiled as he moved furniture out piece by piece, watching them hit the floor.

I had to let the Kotton Kandy momentarily collapse to chase Nova out of my office. Bad cat! I was cleaning wood glue off everything!

I recently finished up some stuff in the kitchen and ordered a bunch of stuff from HBS and ebay. Plus I got a Making Miniature Gardens book and have been making baskets and flowers. :) And, most recently, I dry fit my Creatin Contest kit. eeeeeeeeeeee! My idea looks so cool!

I still have plans to do the Fling, too, pending it's kit. :yes: Busy mini year for me!

I'm painting trim. Why does trim take *forever*?

This weekend I painted some embossed trim for my Hillside Victorian. More labor intensive than I usually go for (I'm lazy!) but I think it came out okay...

post-7-0-87816400-1329103499_thumb.jpg post-7-0-37276300-1329103507_thumb.jpg

I've been waiting for door hardware to arrive (out of stock) so busied myself with a little landscaping for the Russian Lodge. This is probably the only major piece of landscaping on the build as the rest will be a cobbled courtyard - quite please really as I mow need to clean the whole house up - this scatter stuff tracks everywhere.

The Russian Lodge is a once grand but now dilapidated country lodge belonging to an aristocratic family now fallen on hard times.

I'm always a bit nervous about putting my scruffy stuff up as many people do like to see pristine and pretty builds - but I guess there is room for all tastes.

post-4015-0-32322500-1329133661_thumb.jp

post-4015-0-58350300-1329133765_thumb.jp

Jo, I got the shivers just looking at the winter garden. Are those real weeds that you've used for shrubbery? Did you spray them with anything to stablilize them? I ask because NJ used bits of untreated foliage from her garden to dress out the general store we made and over a fairlyl short time they all dried to dust and made a mess. If I were to do that again, I believe I'd spray the weeds with some kind of clear fixative before adding to the scene.

On the home front, I'm looking at the Beacon Hill staircase bits and not feeling happy about the color of the Minwax Aged Oak stain. I think it will be a good color for the floors, but the oak seems out of place for the staircase. It seems to be begging for a darker stain, like walnut. I think the lighter oak floors (with perhaps some walnut parquet patterns) would work if the rest of the interior wood trim were a darker color. I need to research what woods were used in New Orleans construction in that period (1890s).

yes Kathy its the remains of an annual hanging basket plant. I've sprayed them with art fixative although I still expect them to crumble and die eventually. The garden will still look ok with bare twigs I think and if I decide to make this a snowy scene - all the better. The leaves on the ground are scenics, not natural.