What's everyone working on?

Has anyone had experience with the Xxron Wishblade cutting machine used generally for scrap booking? I am interested in if it can be used for detailed pattern like screens or wrought iron designs in miniatures.

I finally finished my micro Garfield, and it is one of 5 micro houses that went into my entry for the Creatin' Contest - HBS. The "big" project was a Museum of Miniatures.

post-4286-0-70649400-1324250364_thumb.jp

There is now an album in my Gallery - called Museum of Miniatures; and more pictures of the Garfield in the album called Micro Minis

Thanks Holly! I just can't brag on Lawson and this whole group enough. :)

Here's some Christmas songs from their performance this past Friday if you'd like to see more.

O Come Emmanuel (love this one)

Joy to the World

Let There Be Light

Light of the Stable

Silent Night (this one aways gives me chills)

In the First Light

I got back to work on the Willowcrest today. I finished off the modifications I made a couple of weeks ago (extending walls, filling in holes, cutting doorways larger). I primed the hallways and the wall that closes off the staircase. Those will be the first areas that get wallpaper. The glue should be finished drying shortly and i will spackle all the places that need it.

i've been uncertain about how i would do the exterior finish. i think i will just go with siding. i have alot of packages of the greenleaf siding available. i'll just need to sand the edges. so, i know i won't get around to putting the siding on today as the sanding is a time consuming process. But I have a plan now so....now just got to decide on the exterior paint scheme...choosing a paint color is so hard for me...lol.

I glued the roof on the Willowcrest. I still need to finish the roof, but it's getting there. I switched to the Buttercup and spackled the inside and textured the outside walls. Cleaned up my mess and i just took some benadryl and ibuprofen for a bad sinus headache. Later on i'll start sanding the edges of my siding for the Willowcrest!

Ohh keep turning out those little people, Jo! Someday someone's gonna do a book about your dolls. Just you wait and see! Have you sent pics of them to any of the miniatures mags? I bet the editors would be interested in your dolls...they have such strong personalities.

So you still aren't doing comissions, huh? :( Drat!

Thanks for the comments guys.

This one was a commission Jeanne. If someone asks me to do a particular type of doll I will always have a shot at it but put my own interpretion on it. I don't ask for deposits so if someone likes the doll I make, they buy it. If they don't like it I just list it in my Etsy shop. So far, fingers crossed, all the commissions have been successful. I don't make that many dolls though compared to other dollmakers, it takes me so long to make one and the house goes to pot when I'm doing one, I get really carried away with them and forget all my other day to day jobs.

Off to check out the gallery now to see what you have all been up to.

Jo, another wonderful addition to the world of minis! I'd love to see him in a scene. Might your customer share a photo?

I am always impressed with your handling of clothing, especially men's wear. It is not thick, as mini masculine jackets often are, but has a wonderful fit and drape. :clap:

Jo, another wonderful addition to the world of minis! I'd love to see him in a scene. Might your customer share a photo?

I am always impressed with your handling of clothing, especially men's wear. It is not thick, as mini masculine jackets often are, but has a wonderful fit and drape. :clap:

Thank you so much Kathy. I must admit I would love to see a picture of him in a project and if my customer does share one eventually I will post it.

This one was a commission Jeanne. If someone asks me to do a particular type of doll I will always have a shot at it but put my own interpretion on it. I don't ask for deposits so if someone likes the doll I make, they buy it. If they don't like it I just list it in my Etsy shop. So far, fingers crossed, all the commissions have been successful. I don't make that many dolls though compared to other dollmakers, it takes me so long to make one and the house goes to pot when I'm doing one, I get really carried away with them and forget all my other day to day jobs.

Yay!

Oh, dear! I've hit the thumb-twiddling time :huh: I've been working on my micro houses most of the year, in preparation for the Creatin' Contest Museum and now I don't know what to do! Maybe it's time to clean house and put everything away and prepare for the brand new Mini Year. Ugh :insane:

Know what you mean. I daren't mess everything up again so close to Christmas so I'm sketching plans for the next doll and a brilliant doll artist has sent me some sample heat set paints which I'm itching to try out. Some people are so generous with their expertise and advice and Sharon Cariola is one of those people. If you have never seen her dolls, she has photos on Facebook and an ebay shop (they sell so quickly though you'll be lucky to see many in the shop at one time) I aspire to be as good as Sharon one day.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=doll_mine