What's everyone working on?

Customer changed his mind about the car. Didn't like my asking price. Amazing what people think they can get for minimum wage! The kit is $70. On the one hand, if I buy it I'll have a car to park in the Tudor's driveway, but on the other, I could use $70 worth of light fixtures and adapters to illuminate the house.

I am still working on the A frame house.... The floors are driving me crazy.! I just cant decide what to do with them... They are horrible... need sanded which I have done and it dont seem to help... Was thinking of putting a "tile" floor down throughout the house.... but this one will more than likely go to a day care center so not sure that is a good idea.... maybe more sanding... I have only used about 20 sheets of the roughest sandpaper... I have the paint ready... so I guess I could paint the interior and maybe something will pop in my head on the floors.!

Kellee

What about using a real life vinyl floor tile for the floors? Use a template and cut it as a single piece for each room. Glue it down with contractor's glue or something else strong so it won't come up.

I am still working on the A frame house.... The floors are driving me crazy.! I just cant decide what to do with them... They are horrible... need sanded which I have done and it dont seem to help... Was thinking of putting a "tile" floor down throughout the house.... but this one will more than likely go to a day care center so not sure that is a good idea.... maybe more sanding... I have only used about 20 sheets of the roughest sandpaper... I have the paint ready... so I guess I could paint the interior and maybe something will pop in my head on the floors.!

Kellee

That's the problem- You're using "the roughest sandpaper"! You should always start with a slightly coarse sandpaper to level the boards, then sand with a finer grain, and finish with a very fine sandpaper to get a smooth, almost slippery finish. I usually sand with at least 3 different grains of sandpaper, the final sheet being so smooth it's easy to mistake the wrong side of the sheet.

I don't know what it is, but it seems that my ideas come in waves. Either I can't think of anything or I have too many ideas and can only pick one. I'm in the process of contacting Harley-Davidson's Licensing department. I'm going to find out what the fee is for a one time license so I can build a Harley-Davidson dealership. If the license doesn't cost an arm and a leg (like everything else HD sells) it will have a show room with bikes, parts and accessories, sales offices and a service shop with several bikes in various states of disassembly. It will only have 4 or 5 rooms, so it should be a relatively quick build. I know it will only appeal to certain people, but as a bike rider, I'm excited about the possibility of building it.

I finished the drying rack to go next to the stone sink in the Victorian wash house, but haven't glued it in place yet.

This afternoon I suddenly thought of how I might get the ceiling effect I want, but I have to go through the cold garage, to the cold studio upstairs to rummage through supplies and I don't want to go.

I've been in my nightgown and robe all week, because somehow ( and I'm not really sure of just how I did it) I scalded my stomach with boiling water from a tea kettle. Not a huge burn, but just enough. It's healing, but easily irritated, so I guess I'll be staying in my nightgowns for several more days. :oops:

Just got back from Molly Cromwell's Orlando show. I wasn't sure I was going to make it back. The wind is gusting so strongly it pushed me off the highway several times. I had to fight just to keep my head facing forward, but it was a productive trip!

Besides meeting a lot of people I've only "met" online, I was able to pick up a 3-door refrigerator and a turn-table for the Tudor. I also may have a buyer for the yet to be built Harley Davidson Dealership (if I get H-D clearance to use their trademark and build it). I only had an hour to spend, so it was a short shopping spree. Lots of eye-candy, but I was in such a hurry to get there that I forgot my camera (sorry!).

I've finally picked a direction to go with the Morningside and all the bright colors, I'm getting excited with the project again. Working on getting the roof in place, I have to file some uneven bits down before it will sit right.

Oh, and I found this: http://bitstobuy.blogspot.com/2012/02/free-miniature-knitting-pattern-dolls.html

It's a 1/12th pattern for a knitted doll, apparently she's going to post patterns for an entire doll family.

The staircase and railings for all three floors of the Beacon Hill are now sanded and stained but for a couple of pieces gone missing. I'm sure they'll turn up in another bag of bits, sooner or later. Next step is to stain the floors. I'll stain all of the floor pieces, although some parts, like the kitchen and bath, for example, may be tiled later. Or maybe not. I'm thinking about turning the room designated as the kitchen into the dining room and assuming that the kitchen is in a separate building, as was often the case in these houses. I don't like the idea of a dining area in the ground floor central hall.

Almost finished doing the papier maché stonework on the Russian Lodge but I have to put it all away for the rest of the week and the weekend - stuff to do. Isn't it frustrating when you so want to mini but you know you can't.