What's everyone working on?

CJ, you might also want to think about investing in some UV protective film over your windows.

I second Holly's suggestion. The house doesn't have to be in direct sunlight to suffer from exposure and fading. Those destructive rays bounce all over the place.

2 of 3 vertical panels have been removed from the Tudor's living room wall. I've zapped my fingers so many times trying to figure out where the crossed circuit is, I could probably light a bulb by simply holding it.

On another note, does anyone know how to post a photo without a URL? I just noticed today that GL has switched to requiring one and none of my photos have a URL.

I went to Ernie's Attic today. They were having an additional 25% off everything. I had to show great restraint in not buying so much. I've got pretty much everything I need for my Beacon Hill right now, and it's going to be a while before I start another house for me (assuming I ever get the Beacon Hill done). And the last several trips I've made to Ernie's or Miniature Designs sales, the stuff stays in the bag and gets stashed in the extra room. One day I will clean and organize in there...

Anyhow, I did get a little bit of stuff. Some flooring sheets for $.40, a coffee table, a parlor stove (which will go in the BH) and a night stand. Also 3 light fixtures. I did not see any plastic to use for windows, but I also forgot to ask. :(

But here's the best part. Last night, mama called and told me her friend had decided which house she wanted me to build for her. The Harrison. I almost didn't go today, but something told me I should go. So glad I did!

They had one, and it was $30 after the discount!! They have some kits for 70% off (mostly returns), plus the additional 25% off. They had Garfields, Pierces, and Willowcrests too.

So, after this Newberg rehab, guess I'm building a Harrison. I'm kinda scared and excited at the same time.

I got the paint for my Fairfield. Nice girly colors, which is funny because I showed my dad the samples I had to choose from, after I'd already decided and he picked out the same ones I had chosen without me telling him. Shades of purple and one accent of green. Still much more I need to get before I can start (like lights) but I'm one step closer. Having high hopes that this weekend will be full of minis and spending time with my kids.

Oh CJ, I love what you did with your bay window!

I am currently working on my sweet shop (the front opening shop from RGT) and have painted the exterior AGAIN. This has to be the fourth or fifth color I have experimented with, as I find it almost impossible to choose colors! (Good on you Kabrina for being able to choose!)

I feel a little dorky, as my final color choice is pink (and I just realized that this is the color that is shown in the catalogue, makes it look as if I hadn't even thought about something original!)

Okay, I caved and opened the Harrison this morning. It was a little bit of a risk purchasing it, since it was a return (of course I know Greenleaf will take care of me anyway!), but all looks good. Even the little piece of sandpaper is still in there.

I looked at the schematic and skimmed the directions. I am so tempted to start a dry-fit, but I need to resist and work on the Newberg. But I will be looking at gallery pictures during down-time today!

Okay, I caved and opened the Harrison this morning. It was a little bit of a risk purchasing it, since it was a return (of course I know Greenleaf will take care of me anyway!), but all looks good. Even the little piece of sandpaper is still in there.

I looked at the schematic and skimmed the directions. I am so tempted to start a dry-fit, but I need to resist and work on the Newberg. But I will be looking at gallery pictures during down-time today!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the ultimate recipient of the Harrison was finally born last week!! :) A real cutie too.

I'm trying to get motivated to work on the Morningside. It was poorly cut so I just lost interest in it, but there it sits, looking at me. I'm thinking if I paint a few more rooms with pretty colors, I'll start liking it again. Wish me luck.

I'm trying to get motivated to work on the Morningside. It was poorly cut so I just lost interest in it, but there it sits, looking at me. I'm thinking if I paint a few more rooms with pretty colors, I'll start liking it again. Wish me luck.

Good luck!! :)

Paint will help for sure though.

Good luck!! :)

Paint will help for sure though.

Thanks!

I painted five of the rooms on the left side of the house, each a different color. The sixth one was already painted. Adding color did help, that and thinking of it as a toy instead of the heirloom piece that I wanted it to be.

I was going to upload pictures, but unless I update IE, I can't do that anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished the Arthur in quarter scale : http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_5578/gallery_11016_5578_217460.jpg The kit wasn't in good condition so I rebuilt it in foamboard and cardboard and paper.

I'm starting two others "Arthur" in half scale for my nieces, they chose it. All two will be in foamboard and carboard because It's too expensive to buy them (the shipping is the more expensive). So I bought on e-bay the greenleaf and the corona village. I help myself to draw the plans in the half scale based on the diagrams from kits.

I've decided to stop making dolls for sale for the time being and make the 2 dolls that I've been promising myself will live in the Russian Lodge. Lara is sculpted and Yuri only has a torso so far but when these 2 are finished I'm bringing the Russian Lodge down off the shelf and I'm going to finish it. Haven't been quite so excited for a while. When that one is finished I have 4 more houses waiting to be started - so whoooopeeeee, I'm back to building. Must have been all dolled out.

I've been all over the place lately. :D I made a rustic wagon for my etsy shop (pics in my misc minis gallery). I've also been plugging away at the Heritage, working toward a fancy wood floor in the parlor and getting the lighting installed (pics in the Heritage gallery).

I have been working on a bunch of household chores for the past week. Things sort of got out of hand over the holidays. I have been doing miniing of a sort. In between them I have been going through my pictures on my computer and updating the albums, cleaning out a lot of duplicates etc. I need to clean up my flicker account too. I want to start taking pictures of the pieces I have so I can document for insurance purposes when I find an insurance company. I think a special rider from our current company may turn out to be our best bet. I have also been buying a lot of special pieces for the unfinished projects that I have not been able to get to. I am determaned to get some hands on miniing time this weekend.

As a matter of fact I have. Been converting my wainscoting drawings into software I use with my Carvewrite machine. Setting the depth of the carving and scaling it for the 1/24 is proving difficult. But I will continue. It just tends to be slow going.

I'm working on the landscape for my Beacon Hill. I have a bunch of decor up inside, and was starting on curtains, but am stuck as to what the best way is to hang them on the wall. So I moved on to the outside for now, and have found some great items to use from Hobby Lobby and the dollar store. I'm making a stone path with egg carton rocks and am attempting creating 2 topiarys for my upper porch. This is my first time landscaping in minis so its been fun and challenging!