What's everyone working on?

Good luck Mike!

That tree is wonderful!

More work on the Orchid...started gluing on batten strips. I thought this would be quick and easy...not so much. I got the gable glued together, painted, and added eave boards. I hope to get a few dabs of paint on some trim tomorrow, but lots of other real life chores to do. I would love to have a whole week off to just cut and sand and paint this thing!

Beautiful fall tree Sable!!  I miss those pretty trees!   Actually I miss trees period! 

I wish I could say that I was working on something but at the moment,  I have the Arthur and the Ashley sitting in their boxes on the work table.   I can't decide which one I want to do what with so there they sit.  

Do both, bash them together.  I did that with the Ashley and Canturbury

According to the dates on my progress photos, the Beacon Hill has languished without attention since May of 2013. I'm a bit befuddled as to where to jump in to again press forward. I think I will work on the outside first. The minor bashing done inside is complete. (The stairway is removable and the originally staggered wall between living room and entrance hall has been straightened.) 

A few weeks ago I pulled out all of the furniture and accessories in the BH box and staged the unfinished rooms to see where we stand furnishings-wise. I've photographed each one to serve as a benchmark for measuring progress. The furnishings will be packed up again while the exterior is finished. 

See it here.

• Like 2

Kathie, I read your blog entry and couldn't help but notice a sentence towards the end of your entry.

You mentioned this: "Truth be known, I'd like to be working on the Pierce/Bohemian Inn."  

If your heart is really somewhere else,  you might consider following your heart rather than your head. 

Sometimes logical thinking just serves to inhibit the creative process. 

According to the dates on my progress photos, the Beacon Hill has languished without attention since May of 2013. I'm a bit befuddled as to where to jump in to again. .......

I hear you, Selkie ... but I'd like to have the BH exterior finished, so it wouldn't be nagging at me while my attentions are elsewhere. I have no problem turning the open side to the wall and letting the interior remain unfinished so long as the exterior is presentable. I'm sending the Bohemian Inn to storage while I work on the BH. Out of sight, out of mind. :)  It's my methodical character, the part that runs on the "as soon as" principle, driving this.

• Like 1

Lawanda, the purple is really charming! Congrats on the lighting! I'm still too chicken to do it, and I keep waiting for more choices in LED. 

That Beacon Hill is really lovely, even unfinished. You have some lovely things to furnish it with, and I love your story of the owners.

I was too.  I watched a you tube video and she really made it look simple.  I had the kit for a LONG time, so I just jumped in and it worked.  I would post the video I watched, but do not know how.

Kathie B???  did you know you have skeletons in your closet  LOL

LOL ... yup. It belongs to the doctor who lives in the Beacon Hill. But I'm thinking it may move to the front porch of the Haunted Hangout to become the official greeter. The front door area looks a bit bare. 

• Like 2

Spent some time prepping the landscaping bits and pieces today, ie roughly cut the grass "mat" and potted a few plants, amongst others the climbing rose, looking forward to attach that permanently to the wall soon.

I have also solved how to attach the handrail for the exterior stairs, added a brass "rod" to from the holder piece and got it attached into the paper clay wall. Worked like a charm to first make a starter hole with a teeny tiny scre, then adding some depth with a push pin and finally hammering the brass rod in place. No cracking occured, yay!

Hugs

• Like 2

I have been caught up with kid crafting and Holiday crafting that I had stopped at the roof of the Chantilly...last thing I did was put the last roof piece on and texture and paint it...it is now ready to be sprayed which I have....going to make a big push and get it done and ready for shipping because while visiting Deb and all mini visions I heard this voice say...I need a store Im too young to be sitting around this fancy house Edna loves so much after houseboat living....sooooo I am building my taft...just for MEEEE project and I am super excited about it...but so many other things to wrap up...so I can get started....but I did start a box of things I know will be going in there....thought I had a Brimbles but nope just half scale so my taft it is...but I think it suits Dave much better....

yes I said I visited with Deb yesterday and after touring and petting the newest builds we got down to Hat decorating 101...I am now the proud owner of 2 steampunk hats for the Halloween holiday but they are wonderful so I may leave them out....

I dont know if I get the whole steampunk thing...the how too...but oooooo I love the look and I am costuming myself and Pixie Poo in steampunk costumes for Halloween and Jax is going to be Dr. Who......from now until after Christmas it will be busy in my niche!!

loving the eyecandy as usual you all ROCK!:batman::cheer:

• Like 1

.... yes I said I visited with Deb yesterday and after touring and petting the newest builds we got down to Hat decorating 101...I am now the proud owner of 2 steampunk hats for the Halloween holiday but they are wonderful so I may leave them out....

Whoa nelly, you got to hang 10 with "the" one and only original Deb?!?!?! Wicked green with jealousy here. Lu-u-ucky you!!! 

Great news with all your projects too. Sounds like your head is spinning with ideas and fun. 

I've been kid crafting too. Have been trying to redesign a pirate sword into a ninja sword. For some reason the glue will not dry. ..sigh ... Hopefully it will before Halloween since it still needs to be painted. 

• Like 1

spent the evening in my niche....I put together a haunted fairy garden in an oil drain pan from Dollar Tree...used the puzzle house I covered in real egg shells for stone

the rest of it is all stuff from the Dollar tree and it looks cute....then I decided hmmm lets dress those beds so I turned on a movie on the laptop and dressed the butterfly beds for the Chantilly...tomorrow I spray the roof..and Im going to keep saying that till I get er done....:construction:

my list of things I need to get done just got smaller...I have photos and will post later after I wake up and resize them....I was suppose to be further along in the projects by now...its all these extra (HAT)things have set my mind astray.....back to it....at least til Sat then I will be making a steampunk skirt for the grandaughter....

yes I needed another project!:bangin:

• Like 1