What's everyone working on?

Just finished the second 1/4" scale Greenleaf Village house!  These are great fun and don't take 10 years to complete! ;) The minions have already moved in and had their first party.  Check out my blog to watch this build in progress.

large.100_7260.JPG.2dca6112df4dff7dc0a29

• Like 4

OH! That little Minion cottage is darling. Love the Minions! What kind of grass is that? It looks great!

Mike, outstanding work, as always! Congrats on the good news!

So, I took the plunge and did the egg carton stone foundation...LOVE IT!! It took most of the afternoon to get all the little bits glued on, and I have the first coat of Mod Podge drying. I plan to do a tiny bit of dry brushing tomorrow, then another coat of sealer. I was skeptical, even after getting one side glued on, but now that it's all on there with that first coat, I'm hooked. Whoever thought of this is a genius.  

• Like 2

Right now I am sulking, just a little, yet still sulking... Netflix is down, it is getting to dark to mini and the fever is calling in again so suppose I better just sit back, browse a few pages on ebay and then snooze again... <muttering under breath> 

• Like 1

Just finished the second 1/4" scale Greenleaf Village house!  These are great fun and don't take 10 years to complete! ;) The minions have already moved in and had their first party.  Check out my blog to watch this build in progress.

large.100_7260.JPG.2dca6112df4dff7dc0a29

This is another adorable build! 

Makes me want a village even more, in my case Ihave this notion of turning them into luxorious pet houses...

looking forward to when the villages return i the Greenleaf store thoug

Hugs

• Like 1

finally back to work on the Chantilly...I painted the roof with a mud gray color with sand let it dry...used sea sponge and applied black...let it dry and then added pink...all my slots are covered and hidden and it looks pretty spiffy...IMHO....

I also gessoed the ooogly green plaid furniture and then painted it periwinkle let it dry and then sponged a parchment cream on it...and I am very happy with the results....

the fabric is stiff but yanno if it was wood furniture it be stiff and I love how it looks now...going to make some pillows for it....hoping to get a done stamp on the whole thing this week.so I can move onto the little house ornaments from china...Id like at least one finished before Christmas....loving the minion village...what a great take on the Greenleaf village...

• Like 1

Thanks so much Anna!  Hobby Builders Supply has them in stock.  There's a town one too...hope the minions don't spot that one right away! I think the pet houses are a great idea!

Thank-you Nutti! I think I'm in love with 1/4" scale!

I started work completely re-furbishing my Tudor House/Shop...........In RL we are moving soon to a smaller property......yesterday I said goodbye to 3 of my houses and I'm looking for homes for the rest............Free to good loving homes!.........The Tudor will be in it's new colours within the week.

Still have half of the roof to paint, the rear wall to paint, a new side wall to be built to conform with the existing 'real life' building and the whole thing 'weathering'. Then a full re-fit inside!...........

IMG_2452.jpg

I don't know Mike, have you thought about giving them to a library as a permanent exhibit? I truly think you should share them with more people. In a library or city hall or some public building where they can be put behind or under glass - what a treasure that would be.

Then again, I would take them all... is there a freight company close to your house?

I don't know Mike, have you thought about giving them to a library as a permanent exhibit? I truly think you should share them with more people. In a library or city hall or some public building where they can be put behind or under glass - what a treasure that would be.

Then again, I would take them all... is there a freight company close to your house?

Nice thought Chris and it might be worth looking into.......It would good to think they were doing some good at least........Two of my old clients are shippers!........can't remember if I owe them favours or they owe me!

I wish there weren't an ocean between us, or that shipping costs were affordable!

Particularly given that they are MDF Holly.........Just a little heavy!............Rosemary wants me to keep them and in a way so do I but I'm nothing if not impulsive!...........and the crazy thing is I've started another!............and I've just thought of what it could be!

S. CLAUS and Co TOYMAKERS

could be a great workshop with stabling below!

I have hung onto several of the plans for Tudor buildings that Ed & Marion Fancey used to publish when they owned Dolls' House & Miniature Scene.  In fact, when it was apparent that Warner Group had stopped that practice I let my subscription drop.

.......Rosemary wants me to keep them and in a way so do I but I'm nothing if not impulsive!...........and the crazy thing is I've started another!............and I've just thought of what it could be!

S. CLAUS and Co TOYMAKERS

could be a great workshop with stabling below!

Customized shelving, Mike, customized shelving.......... (or: who needs furniture.....)

Oh yeah, customize the rooms. You could put library shelving (or free standing if built in isn't allowed at your new place) all the way around all the rooms with slightly deeper shelves in the upper levels. Supplies could be hidden on the lower shelves behind the sofa, sideboards, and recliner, etc. Upper shelves - all prime real estate! Or, how about long narrow tables behind or in place of headboards, sofas, sideboards, and chairs, etc. 

Go for it Mike. Make your wife happy on this one! 

I finally got my Mini Mojo going today!   I am working on a quarter scale Southwestern Christmas Village!     A couple of years ago I made more of a traditional New England style village with the GL Village.   I have some buildings left over and with some small boxes etc I am trying to see how this goes. 
I found I need some new spackle for the adobe siding.  

• Like 2

Do you ever go shopping for products just for their containers???   I was hunting all over this morning for more small boxes.......couldn't come up with any really sturdy ones.   I might check UPS next week. 

• Like 1

Do you ever go shopping for products just for their containers???   I was hunting all over this morning for more small boxes.......couldn't come up with any really sturdy ones.   I might check UPS next week. 

yup, today while grocery shopping I went through the pet food aisle and My hand wanted to get one of those Kitty food container just because they were in the shape of à cat silouette.... I didn't but I had to discussion it with my self so to speak....

Hugs

Edited by Anna
Blasted spell check mixing languages
  • Like 2

LOL Anna, at least I am not the only crazy!   :p       I made a quarter scale adobe house from a very sturdy small box about 4 inches by 3 inches in size.  It was so nice when I covered it with spackle and then painted it held its shape nicely.   Most all of the boxes with products in the store had such flimsy boxes.   My next try will be the UPS Store or I will have to make one out of foam board I guess.  That's doable. 
I did buy the largest oatmeal container I could find with the idea to make a fairy tree. 

I cut out foam board pieces for a church.  So far so good........

Edited by Roxxie2
spelling error
  • Like 1