What's everyone working on?

Ladies...if I wasnt me...I would feel the same way...back in the day when we lived in Mo and Deb lived in Co...such things were just a dream

and then life play the trickster and here we are...both in Az just an hour from each other....and doing projects together is inspiring to say the least...

I am so used to playing alone with my toys that it is a joyful muse who gets to share ideas and learn from one of your mentors....I am a lucky lady who found this forum all those yrs ago and all the mini friends I have found here....I wish I could play with everyone of you....each inspire me with your talents!!!!

• Like 2

I'm happy to say I got up today! After most of the past week on my back I'm finally vertical, off the meds and it feels good.......sore but good!

Now I just need to get rid of the shakes!!!..........I haven't touched a craft knife for precisely 8 days 6 hours and fourteen minutes.........give or take a few seconds!........and I need a fix so tomorrow I'm back in my workroom!

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated

Edited by MikeUK
bad spell checker

Yeah!!! Mike is healing. Easy to see when your fingers are itching to work again. So happy that you are feeling more like your old self again (or should I say new self?)

Take your time though (mother hen speaking here). We don't want any setbacks. 

Well - I am now the proud owner of a Beacon Hill!  Picked it up yesterday and took a tour of the lady's antique dollhouse collection. Very impressive!  She has at least 20 antique houses - all of them beautiful. She doesn't usually build houses, but collects and restores them.  This BH was built in 1990 - and left unfinished when the lady died.  The shell is all put together, and it is tape-wired and has several installed lights.  Don't know yet if any of that still works after all this time. There is a box full of siding and shingles and trim and STUFF, including the box cover and all the instructions. Now I'm itching to get started on it. What should it be?  What does it want to be? How soon can I get the micro BH to go with it? 

Is this one of the houses the Team Builders blogged about?  Even though it is all built, I would love to go through a blog or two.  Could someone post a link for me? I did a search but seemed to find only fragments posted by those working on the house.

Had a great day yesterday. I figured my sweet mother needed a day out - she has been cooped up in the house since I've been working such long hours at the County Fairs.  Sometimes I'd go 5 days without even seeing her, because I left before she got up and returned after she went to bed. So I took her with me to pick up the Appleby Cottage from the Fairgrounds, then on to another city to get the BH.  Traffic was horrible so we thought we'd go north to the ferry, rather than south at 10 mph on the Interstate. And if we're going north, why not stop and see her sister too?  Then her sister said, why don't I take you to that new Miniature Shop I've been telling you about ... a real brick-and-mortar mini shop that just opened up 4 months ago!  We had a lot of fun there! And, since the lady stayed open to wait for us I felt obligated to buy something.  She has furniture in the 1:144 scale so I bought some!  We three then went out for seafood supper on the beach - it was a great day indeed! 

• Like 6

I think Gina is the one who has built and blogged more than one BH, her link has been posted fairly recently; try  search for it.  The building team hasn't built or blogged that one (sigh).

• Like 1

Just as soon as my new Mummy....AKA my lovely wife Rosemary.... had put my socks on and tied the laces on my 'All Stars'!.......(how silly is that in my 67th year) I almost ran to my work room! Not much to show for most of the day but I did toss out the over sized day bed that the customers kept tripping over and I did make a 'print cabinet' and some more art for the extra wall space! Hopefully tomorrow I might make a start on the next floor which I've now decided will be a studio for a couple of painters rather than a classroom.....(It's way too small!)

IMG_2385.jpg

Looks great. Your details are always spot on. 

How sweet to have a special Rosemary in your life to assist in these most frustrating of times while recuperating and healing. You'd do the same for her I'm sure.  

• Like 1

I think Gina is the one who has built and blogged more than one BH, her link has been posted fairly recently; try  search for it.  The building team hasn't built or blogged that one (sigh).

I saw her haunted one. I was hoping the Team Builders had built and blogged it.  DH helped me get it out of the trunk and into my workshop, but I haven't had time to do anything yet. Must take a million pictures before I do anything ... and hope she starts talking to me. 

• Like 1

Well - I am now the proud owner of a Beacon Hill!  Picked it up yesterday and took a tour of the lady's antique dollhouse collection. Very impressive!  She has at least 20 antique houses - all of them beautiful. She doesn't usually build houses, but collects and restores them.  This BH was built in 1990 - and left unfinished when the lady died.  The shell is all put together, and it is tape-wired and has several installed lights.  Don't know yet if any of that still works after all this time. There is a box full of siding and shingles and trim and STUFF, including the box cover and all the instructions. Now I'm itching to get started on it. What should it be?  What does it want to be? How soon can I get the micro BH to go with it? 

Is this one of the houses the Team Builders blogged about?  Even though it is all built, I would love to go through a blog or two.  Could someone post a link for me? I did a search but seemed to find only fragments posted by those working on the house.

Had a great day yesterday. I figured my sweet mother needed a day out - she has been cooped up in the house since I've been working such long hours at the County Fairs.  Sometimes I'd go 5 days without even seeing her, because I left before she got up and returned after she went to bed. So I took her with me to pick up the Appleby Cottage from the Fairgrounds, then on to another city to get the BH.  Traffic was horrible so we thought we'd go north to the ferry, rather than south at 10 mph on the Interstate. And if we're going north, why not stop and see her sister too?  Then her sister said, why don't I take you to that new Miniature Shop I've been telling you about ... a real brick-and-mortar mini shop that just opened up 4 months ago!  We had a lot of fun there! And, since the lady stayed open to wait for us I felt obligated to buy something.  She has furniture in the 1:144 scale so I bought some!  We three then went out for seafood supper on the beach - it was a great day indeed! 

Linda Larsen built 2 of these back to back so she should be something of an expert. Her forum name is pin1056. She's also on Facebook under her real name.

• Like 1

I want to see that Beacon Hill! It's a great house, but looks really difficult to build.

I have slow and steady progress to report on the Orchid. I got the batten strips glued on, and the first coat of paint. I just gave it a quick sanding, so it'll be ready for coat #2 in the morning. The next big step is the stone foundation. I've never done the egg carton thing, but I'm looking forward to it. Most all of the trims, porch components, door, windows, etc. are done and just waiting for their turn to be glued on.

• Like 2

2 Easels (I now have a spare!) 1 Taboret and more work tables than I needed!.........A productive day and apart from the details plus a bit of judicious 'mucking up' I am once again umemployed!

IMG_2411.jpg

I'm currently working on putting together my Brownstone dollhouse by American Craft Products. I was wanting to make the sides look bricked as well as the front. As the front is a molded plastic on I believe MDF, I bought some of those plastic sheets of brick to put on the sides and back, but still keep it lightweight enough to be moved fairly easily. My question is this -- in your guys opinion should I go ahead and prime the wood these plastic sheets of bricks will be glued to -- or am I better off leaving it bare wood and sanding the bricks a bit to get them to stick better?

Thanks for all the eye candy, everyone!  I am hoping to finish up the siding on my Country Manor dollhouse (now known as the "Key West" dollhouse) and get it painted tomorrow.  Tonight I cut out the templates for the top part of the outer walls where it would be too difficult to cut the siding directly, and will glue the siding to the templates tomorrow. DH fixed a couple of things on the inside.   This house is no slouch in the size department but it is dwarfed by today's newcomer The FoxHall Manor.  And funny, all three houses I am working on right now are in similar shades of mint or seagreen.

since the house I got off Craigslist is an original build and Im not very creative...it shall for now be called 19th Avenue...thats where I picked it up at ...lol...havent gotten to pet or clean it  much with the grans here...we did some crafting and got them fixed up for Halloween...in one trip to Goodwill..at 50% off sale....so that frees up some weekend time...

getting further behind on Chantilly and now having shipping woes...we think we have it sorted out that I will ship by Greyhound and they will drive an hour to pick it up....

momma seems very excited that they are getting a dollhouse...she even had her mom on my niche page looking at it.... Id love to say I got it sprayed with the fleck stone but noooo I have been sidetracked again...gonna wind down crafting with the grans for a few weeks...before we do Christmas crafting....going to see if they want to make presents for the parents... will I ever mini again!?! snif:dunno:

Finished my gallery (just a few small bits left) so I am now officially unemployed!........and as I write this I've just noticed Nutti's last few words above.........'will I ever mini again'......What a horrible thought.........we both will and it's just a question of When?

IMG_2426.jpg

Mike, I get it. Having no inspiration or space to store a new project is like being unemployed for me, also.  I'm currently considering making about ten small one room kits to sell at our local community garage sale in November. Not for profit, but just to keep me busy and at least cover the material costs.  

Edited by Sable

Finished my gallery (just a few small bits left) so I am now officially unemployed!........and as I write this I've just noticed Nutti's last few words above.........'will I ever mini again'......What a horrible thought.........we both will and it's just a question of When?

Unemployed? Never! Creativity fairly oozes out of your fingertips. You can't not create.