What's everyone working on?

I am nearing the finish line...as of this writing all of the rooms are trimmed out... the roof is on and spackled in the appropriate places...waiting for everything to dry...to move on to touch ups...all the inner door frames must be painted...and any paint I may have oopsied...after I sand the roof I will paint it brown in prep for the fleck spray I plan on using instead of shingles...tomorrow I plan on priming and painting the rest of the small bits that go on the outside and start my furniture kits. I would share some photos but Im not finding how to make a new album.there will be long flower boxes for the front porch and window boxes for the upper front windows....

my plan is to put it all together and furnish it...take photos and then print the girls a book...so they know where things go the first time it is set up...as a guideline...

I have never shipped a house so not sure what outside items would stay in place...so sending a small bottle of glue and a sweeping brush with all of the goodies....

Dean assures me after we get it packed it wont be moving in the box...I have styrofoam pieces for the corners and lots of bubble wrap saved....but Im sure I will have questions before I do that...looks like I will have it wrapped up in plenty of time to get Alexis Orchid ready for her for Christmas...which is good because come November this girl will be working on the last greenleaf Village for my Christmas Village...cant wait to get it all set up again this yr....

have a great weekend!:happydance:

• Like 1

I experimented with a watercolor wash on the exterior of the rabbit hutch and the results don't look too bad.  I now have the frames for the chicken coop in the gluing jig.  I had to get balso strip wood pieces at the hobby shop, and it has to be the sorriest material!  I may end up remaking the coop, but for now we'll see.

Holly, your Aubusson is gorgeous! What count of fabric did you use?

Well, I was unable to resist the call of the small once again. I ordered the 1/2 scale Buttercup and am working on an idea board until it gets here. I find it funny that it ships from Cooperstown, N, the town that my DH and I just visited at the beginning of the week.

Holly, your Aubusson is gorgeous! What count of fabric did you use?....

Around 40 tpi.  I accidently used some more of it to stitch Oriental rugs for the Pierce rehab and they all wound up 1:24 and except for one I sent to Julie they are now in the Fairfields.  I've got some 20-24 tpi linen I'm stitching 1:12 rugs on and when/ if I ever finish the Persian one I've let wait whilst I do some 1:1 crocheting I'll stitch another Aubusson.

• Like 1

Beautiful needlework Holly!

What am I doing? Well I was so excited when I got all the shingles on the dollhouse and the porch roof! Until I looked harder and realized a roof section was missing........ I missed making one of the templates! oh well.........that's the way the mop flops! I had painted one of them and realized it wont be as fast as I thought.......and I dont like the way my distressing turned out but going to accept it. I just want to get this house roof all done so I can raise it up again.......I have it lowered to help reach the roof. Once I get the roof with the trim and the sides spackled.........I think I will go ahead and furnish it some..will still have tower to finish and some doors to hang, well.......porch floor needs painted.......I doubt a house is ever really done is it? LOL

• Like 1

unable to figure out how to make a new album so I just used one I have going and put the most recent photos in it!

the flower boxes and the triangle bits that go in the dormers will be the hot pink you see on the Modpodge pieces on the bay.....

the roof is going to be a brown fleck spray...as much as I enjoy shingles I do not think I want to tackle all those angles...lol...:groan:

• Like 1

Doing a happy, happy, happy new book has arrived twist and twirl! The wicker book arrived today, it is in pristine shape, really new as advertised (sp?) and it is loaded with great patterns. :clap: will need to read up on the ways to do this or that and thn ctually try something, whohooooo!

hugs

• Like 1

I just finished making a string of flower lights for the screened porch we're making at Nebraska State in a few weeks. Here's a picture of it in progress. I couldn't get a decent one of it all lit up once it was done.

• Like 1

last night during a vidchat session with my artist buddy I was showing her the Chantilly...I had painted the roof brown after the sanding and it looked BAD! 

she said I dont know why you dont use the tp on the roof before applying the spray...would help hide the slots better and give even more texture to the roof....and plzzzz do not use BROWN!!! lol so after we hung up Im like I think she is right...so I was up till 3 am doing just that....all but the back piece which is on the plan today as well as adding the final pieces to the base and that house will be DONE.....:cheer:

another perk of using the TP is the added strength it adds to the overall house and seems which will be a good thing because it will be shipped

on to the furniture....and of course I can never work on just one thing so I am also going to start on one of the globes I got from China...one of these are going to the aforementioned friend!  

NEXT!:construction:

I finished my little Michael's castle, then started making some soft prim dolls for fall decorations.  They are minis, I just felt like doing something different until I decide what house to work on next.   I am thinking the little Ashley that I bought a couple of weeks ago.   I need to do regular scale again.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like somebody has managed to get some pictures in here!  Mine disappeared right after I posted them.  Looks good, Art.

I am happy to report that the Appleby Cottage is FINISHED!  Delivered it to the Hobby Hall at the State Fair on Sunday. Now I miss her and want her to come home again!

• Like 4

Cynthia, those are plastic flower beads. :) I used a small round file to ream out the holes in the beads a bit, and then carefully pushed the chips on this strand into the holes. Topped with a little super glue gel, and it was done! The lights came with a battery pack for 2 AAA batteries, but I used the coin battery instead. My mom loves it so much she thinks she needs two in her little porch! :D

• Like 2

I am up late, still working away on roof shingles.....do you ever feel like you will never get done? I guess I complain a lot lol

its getting so much closer to being able to put some furniture n decor in there and thats what keeps me motivated.

Art, that rose wallpaper is soooo beautiful omg love it!

Roxy I have the Ashley also. Perhaps I will do that next.....it certainly wont be the big Granville I have ha.......I am results oriented person so I have been told so long projects are not easy for me.

Nutti, it sounds like you are headed for  finish line! We should give ourselves blue ribbons when we finish a house!

• Like 1

Art, your hardwood floors are lovely!  My RL kitchen floor isn't that shiny.  I love the bedroom wallpaper, it looks very dainty.  CJ, Debra posted a picture of her steampunk house on wheels' copper roof.  I'm not sure why yours won't show up, but I was tht same box in other posts where I expected pictures.

• Like 1

Looking good Art!   
Cheryl, do you have any ideas of what you want to do with your Ashley?   I was originally going to "haunt" mine but it keeps telling me that it wants to be something "girly".   I am not sure how anything could be more girly than my shabby Orchid so I have to think on it for a while.   I know I do not want it to be southwestern.  lol   I keep seeing bright primary colors for some reason.   Lately my attention span isn't good for a large build.  :)

• Like 1

So today I have been visiting Stockholm  on a work related conference, (National Schoolboard and leigislation in regards of newly arrived immigrants as far as rights and obligations, very interesting) and while here I had the opportunity of browsing a few craft stores, one in particular where I found a couple neat thingies, one is a flat wire kind of thing, very pliable, thinking of usng it as hand rail for the spiral staircase, some charms that will work great for whatever accessories and a paw printed fabric in a shade I didn't have allready. Bonus is that it fits in my carry on bag/handbag/purse and it checked in OK through the security. Unfortunatley no paper covered cake wire, so that I need to get online instead I think.

would like to "pet" the items but am not sure the airport security would appreciate me doing that.... Could interfere with saftey thinking huh?!?

Hugs

• Like 2

Anna, we have ESOL classes in FL schools (English as a Second Language) for immigrants, I'm sure other US states have something similar.  Do Swedish schools provide language classes for immigrant students as well?

I have pieces of the chicken coop in the jig.  I can't do the rabbit hutch and yard until I finish the coop, as I drew the yard pattern on the back of the sheet my coop pattern is on (what was I thinking at the time?)