What's everyone working on?

Love the child catcher Jo!!!  And the sisters too!  Please tell me you're going to do a mini Peter Lorre for your Arsenic and Old Lace house.  He would be so cute in miniature.  <pausing to consider>  Well, actually he was pretty miniature in real life too and I always thought he was adorable.

I'm trying to catch up on what everyone has been up to so I'll be reading pages all morning.  Bruce has been sick so my attention has been focused on him but I did manage to finish all the curtains for the Tennyson.  Yay!!  I'm very glad that's out of the way.  I thought that some of the rooms would have fancier curtains with prints or colors but Miss Tennyson blushed demurely and insisted on nothing but white silk and lace.   I have several pleated panels of florals and colored dupioni silk that will end up being used for something else because the house simply refused them just as much as she refused more complicated designs of white silk.  She keeps reminding me that she's a subtle romantic and not to over-complicate things.  <chuckling>  Over-complicating is one of the things I do best but I'll respect her wishes and keep it simple. (Except for the beds.  If those things are going to be romantic then they'll be practically frothy with lace!)   I need to do some real life stuff but hopefully I can get back to building by the end of the week.  The next step is making paper templates for the flooring and then I can take it out of dry fit, drill some furrows for the wiring, and then start assembling.  I'm soooooooooo looking forward to that part!

• Like 1

I have a patch of purple genesis paint on my beige carpet in my work room. There is no way that it will come out but its an old carpet anyway so I'm not too bothered. Its just that when I'm not wearing my glasses I'm always bending down to pick it up - that's old age for you.

No plans for Peter Lorre Debs. I will probably do a Teddy and maybe the Cary Grant character - oh and of course I need to do a body for the window seat - I made an opening window seat just for that purpose.

• Like 1

No plans for Peter Lorre Debs. I will probably do a Teddy and maybe the Cary Grant character - oh and of course I need to do a body for the window seat - I made an opening window seat just for that purpose.

<grinning>  The body in the window seat is a must have!   hehehehehe  I have to tell you that every teeny bit of your Arsenic and Old Lace is a pure delight to me.  It's always been my favorite movie and seeing it in mini makes me giggle.  A lot. 

<handing Jackie a double fudge brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce and a big shot of Green Apple Pucker>  Here you go sweetie.  After all that you need something nice.  

• Like 1

I commiserate with you Jackie... every time I work on the Chantilly it feels like I am building for the very first time! the simplest of things turning into "WHY did you do it that way!?" :dunno:

I usually put my windows on last and on the outside....sigh when I went to install the front windows I realised hey should have done these on the inside because now the glass stops at the window sills like the frames...I dont think anyone will notice but oooooo bother....finally got the doors in...and for once...knock on wood I didnt have to sand the bejeebies out of them before they would go back into the same holes they came out of lol...slid right in...no working doors for me...I am always happy to just get them in there but still havent found my pretty doorknobs....porch trim is on but not without using the hammer to make the tabs go in the slots....could I have taken five minutes and cleaned out the slots???? NO so I broke one of the post with my hammering...but of course:doh:  I did get all the trim on the porch so now I get to go back and touch up...again

sponge painted the chimney...I love how it looks but it is pretty dark...will I be fixing that...nope just going to go with it lol....ready to do the upper windows and to add the 2nd layer of trim to the porch....and NOW Chantilly is whispering I need flower boxes! 2 long boxes for the porch and window boxes for the upper windows....anything else m'lady?

so trips to the fabric store for the 3 colors of flowers for the boxes....for all my complaining though I do love how the house looks....inside and out...it makes me happy and that is the name of the game....taking my wall paper scrap with both colors of paint used on the inside with me to fabric store also to see what I can find for curtains...one of the things purged right out of my life when we moved was my big box of fabric and lace I relied on for curtains and bedding....so each project is a shopping trip...but hey who doesnt love shopping...lol...progress is slow but ongoing...

Albie sits there quietly laughing at poor Chantilly and I hear...glad she is doing a that mess to you!! because I am much to dignified to go through such newbiness!  HA! I told DH I wanted to cut a hole in the roof for a skylight and if a house could pass out....Albie would have LOL:doctor:

and Jo.....OMGEESSS! I am in LOVE with your child catcher! he is perfection...you captured him perfectly! his face...I could hear him calling the children and his outfit...you should teach classes on how to make miniature clothing...its perfection! my only issue was....where are the lollypops....hahahaha omgosh Lady you did GOOD!!

Edited by nuttiwebgal
  • Like 1

<handing Jackie a double fudge brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce and a big shot of Green Apple Pucker>  Here you go sweetie.  After all that you need something nice.  

Thanks Deb!  Just what I needed!  LOL :eatyum:

Oh- and BTW-  I am trying not to freak out!!  My Ellwanger House client just offered me the chance at a Hofco Americana!!  I was simply drooling at the pics she sent me :drool2: - - all the while taking mental inventory of my houses and what amount of work would be needed to get each one ready to sell (despite the urge to simply cast them all out the front door in order to make room!), and where I could sell them, and what table I would display this house on, and if my girls would have room in their RL houses to take their dollhouses with them for once, and....and.....oh yeah.....I never did ask how much she wanted for it!  LOL

• Like 2

The halfscale cottage windows and door are done, and I've been working on the staircase down to the cellar. I can't glue the walls together until I've figured a few details out. I need to see how much room the staircase will take up in the actual cellar. I've found that it's one thing to see the available space on the floorplan, and quite another when you're trying to get your big fingers into corners that have no wiggle room. Far too much planning involved on this project.

• Like 1

I've been getting a lot of shingles on the templates.........into my 3rd bag (1,000 shingles per bag) so I am getting somewhere finally.I have worked on this house since 2006. that's embarrassing! I will be so glad to get her done. I have just waited too long to actually furnish and fill this house with all the things it needs. I had 10 pics to load but had trouble so only 3 or 4 loaded :( will try again later.

I have a big eyecandy problem or I would get more done. I bet I have seen every dollhouse on the internet lol

Cheryl

• Like 1

I was finally able to work on my house a little, cleaning and touch ups only, but it felt so wonderful to get my hands on a mini.  I have a dear friend that I would like to do a house for...a small one ha, ha.  I was thinking of a half scale Buttercup made into a chocolate shop. Does anybody know if the half scale one comes with the shop cases like its big sister?

I know Debora...I am having trouble resisting :)  It's such a sweet little house.

Resistance is futile!

The 1:24 Buttercup is so fun and easy to build. LOL, you know I can't resist this kit...I've built three and have another waiting in my stash. It would make a darling chocolate shop. If you've got the fixture drawings from the 1:12 kit why not use them to make fixtures for the little house? Those type of fixtures should be pretty simple to make from scraps. :D

• Like 1

the roof is on the Chantilly....should be happy BUT I am nutti after all:bigwink:.....I was going to put supports in the attic to hide the gaps....before I put the 2nd half of the roof on making getting into the attic challenging to say the least....also neglected to put the inner window frame on before also....with your arm in the attic you can barely see where the window is...so it was.. put frame where I thought it went and take arm out look and adjust...did this a couple times until satisfied...nothing like making fun for myself

which brings us to the front roof...weird that one of the slots I was working with was tooo big for the tab...very confusing till I turned the house and dry fitted the back section...sigh...yup another nutti....I put the main roof/widows walk support in BACKWARDS:groan:.....but I can fix it!:crash:    FYI when you build this the small tab faces the back of the house

while starting the trim in the bathroom I looked through the window...well another nutti...the wrong frame was on the window and I had to take it off and put the right one on...I will say it again...HOW many houses have I built!:headhurts:

all in all it does look nice and Im now seriously contemplating sponge painting the roof...but I know I probably will hate it...so it will be endless hours of shingling for me which is fine really because I actually enjoy shingling 

Have a great weekend yall!:happydance:

Resistance is futile!

The 1:24 Buttercup is so fun and easy to build. LOL, you know I can't resist this kit...I've built three and have another waiting in my stash. It would make a darling chocolate shop. If you've got the fixture drawings from the 1:12 kit why not use them to make fixtures for the little house? Those type of fixtures should be pretty simple to make from scraps. :D

I am already doing a search for some plans or a photo I could bash.

• Like 2

I got a little Ashley for a very cheap price to "haunt".   Its sitting here on the work table wanting to be something else.....what?   I thought to "haunt" the Buttercup, Sarah, but I always think "cute" with that house.   I have done 2 of them so far.   I also picked up an Orchid for the ridiculous price of $15 at HL last week.  The Box had been opened and resealed but everything seems to be there.  The question is,  where to put all these little houses!!   I can't wait to get back to 1:12 scale again though.  The little Michael's castle isn't any scale and I ended up using some remaining puzzle furniture for the tiny rooms.   It was fun but not that satisfying.  Lots of scraps used in this project though.  I challenged myself to just use printies and scraps.  I decoupaged most of the castle just for the fun of it.  I spent a fortune in printer ink I admit.  :)

Nutti, I know that all the "ooopsies" will be so worth it when you look at you Chantilly! Love the Chantilly, it has so much cham!

as for me, took an early day from work and had some fun installing th ceiling light in the lighthouse kitchen. Been painting and installing interior door trim as well. Now to finish the kirchen accessories.

hugs

• Like 1

I think I have finished the landscape board for now, thinking about making weed blossoms & gluing them on (vs painting them), but I need to finish the rabbit hutch & yard and build the chicken coop and install them.  Decisions, decisions!

I think I have finished the landscape board for now, thinking about making weed blossoms & gluing them on (vs painting them), but I need to finish the rabbit hutch & yard and build the chicken coop and install them.  Decisions, decisions!

Oh and Holly dear, please, please, please find a friend with a camera so we can see too!! Pretty please with jazz a la mode?

• Like 2