What's everyone working on?

Sarah, when I was building them to sell to coworkers I could build and finish a 1:12 Buttercup off in a little over a week.

Wow Holly a week - like a hurricane. I'm so slow caterpillars toot their horns.

• Like 2

...I'm so slow caterpillars toot their horns.

Oh, I love that, too!  An unbashed Buttercup didn't take me that long.  That was also nearly 20 years ago!  Snails and turtles move faster than I do, now!

• Like 1

What is it about this mini thing? I have seen pics of the Buttercup in catalogues over and over, never paid much attention. Sarah mentions the Buttercup so I do an internet search...must.have.one. Same thing happened with the San Fran, and the Tennyson (and the sister house the Allison.) Oh, the ideas!!! The trims! The floors! Furniture! Color schemes! Time periods! I want one of each! Maybe I have ADD... 

• Like 5

I'm a day away from finishing my Mews House and 4 days away from starting a second 'railway arch' shop to stand next to The Dolls House Shop...........The new space will house an art gallery at street level with a working studio above!

Yahoo another Mike creation! Can't wait to see the finished one. I missed out on some of that build due to my ineptness with the new setup. I'll bet it's gonna blow my holey socks right off my tired old feet. 

Love the sounds of the next one. My dream, a gallery with studio above. I'd have an old cot in the corner and a tiny fridge, hot plate, microwave and coffee pot and just never leave. Ahhhhhh

What is it about this mini thing? I have seen pics of the Buttercup in catalogues over and over, never paid much attention. Sarah mentions the Buttercup so I do an internet search...must.have.one. Same thing happened with the San Fran, and the Tennyson (and the sister house the Allison.) Oh, the ideas!!! The trims! The floors! Furniture! Color schemes! Time periods! I want one of each! Maybe I have ADD... 

Just happened to me with someone's posting about a lovely Heritage. Thankfully its not available but I spent waaaaaay too much time looking at a thousand or so others.

Its definitely an addiction. We just can't stop til they lay us in the dirt and then we'll probably create something in our caskets.

Note to self: leave a list of supplies for the family to add to my casket before burial 

Oh ya, that ADD thing - yup, got that done quite well. 

Mike, I can't wait to see the whole thing finished!!

No kidding, Selkie! I wonder how people make up their minds? How do you decide to build one house or another? I have kits (and plans and furniture and accessories) for the trailer, the barn, the Westville, and the Linfield. That should keep me busy for the next 5 years or so, so why do I have a wish list for the others? At least I like the small houses...if I had a thing for the mansions I'd be in big trouble.   

• Like 1

Holly, isn't  it you that uses men's silk ties for upholstery?  I know I read that on here somewhere.

I prefer the old wide polyester ties:

gallery_8_1103_190421.jpg

med_gallery_8_1103_196265.jpg

I have used the silk ties for clothing (my "Dolls" album didn't survive the latest Forum "upgrade" so I can't post a picture) and I have use DH''s old shirts to make window shades:

med_gallery_8_1103_14789.jpg

(the stripes don't show up).  BTW, I have used giftwrap and old wine bottle bags to cover walls:

med_gallery_8_1103_97008.jpg

and the red carpet is a pice of thrift store sweatshirt.

More progress on the Orchid! I got the baseboards in the wee tiny bathroom and hallway, and got the back roof on. I added planks to the eaves, and still haven't decided if they will be the trim color or the main house color. I'm going to add board and batten siding, so I'll be taping on exterior windows and trims to measure for those. I was thinking it would be easier to do it that way, then paint, then glue on windows and such. Oh, and the stupid bay window needs to be done. I've fiddled with it off and on for weeks, but now I need it to measure the siding strips, so it really, really has to get finished. It's my least favorite part of the construction!  

I bought a gallon of barn red paint yesterday! I had a few bucks left on a gift card and it had a $10 rebate, so it'll be free! Perfect for the barn project, and I have other things I can use that red paint on.

Just as I was falling asleep last night, I had a vision of a stone covered Buttercup...must.have. Buttercup.

Bit of a break again. We are off to Cyprus at the end of the week for a fortnight and then when we return I want to get the house decorated and de-junked. Its dreadful how much we accumulate and no longer really need. I started yesterday on my wardrobes but although I threw two huge bin liners full of clothes, its still full, just less crammed. Anyway I'm still planning on carrying on with the House of Perfumes this winter. Toodle-pip my lovelies, will be back on here again soon.

• Like 3

Bit of a break again. We are off to Cyprus at the end of the week for a fortnight. ..... Toodle-pip my lovelies, will be back on here again soon.

Soak up some sun and relaxation for me too. Maybe some brilliant inspirations will strike you while there so be sure to take a sketch book and pencils along. 

LOL Selkie, I took a box of mini hat making stuff out with me this summer, stayed for 3 months and made 1 hat. I'm betting I'll be even less productive this time. Its very strange but I have 100% more of a social life out there than I have at home. In England I stay home almost all of the time and go out maybe once a fortnight, call me a hermit. In Cyprus I'm verging on the social butterfly status. Multiple personality syndrome, must change my name to Eve.

• Like 1

LOL Selkie, I took a box of mini hat making stuff out with me this summer, stayed for 3 months and made 1 hat. I'm betting I'll be even less productive this time. Its very strange but I have 100% more of a social life out there than I have at home. In England I stay home almost all of the time and go out maybe once a fortnight, call me a hermit. In Cyprus I'm verging on the social butterfly status. Multiple personality syndrome, must change my name to Eve.

Too funny! Hope you have a really great time! 

I'm definitely the hermit type all the time. If it weren't for the grands, I'd probably never go anywhere. 

• Like 1

speaking of grans....I have had mine with me all weekend and yesterday was craft day....we started the day by making pillows....I cut a full size pillow in half and showed them how to whip stitch the edges and then we made fleece tied cases for them...travel size pillows...then we did some miniature works...I let them dig in the stash and pick out a few items to paint to be included with all the goodies going with the Chantilly to Ohio....I worked on the 2 butterfly beds....its all about the goodies now!:bigwink:

• Like 1

Nutti - my kids are little but my own grandma came over a few days ago and helped me make a pillow case out of a floral print jersey t-shirt for my 18 month old to take to mother-s day out. She laughed while we were making it, saying it was the funniest thing. I laughed at her being so uppety about what fabric we were "supposed" to use. That purple floral pillowcase is SO cute and so soft.

I just reupholstered by first chairs! I got a few cheap red gingham chairs from China on eBay last year. Now that my daughter is going for purple, I ripped it off, saved the pattern, and re-did the chairs. They are so great if you don't mind me bragging! I love getting a confidence booster than I really can make some mini stuff. One I did in white from an old table scaft and did purple piping, tufts, and purple "buttons" in the tufts. The other was the perfect large scale (but still mini scale) floral with a white background and purple and pink large rises with green leaves. LOVE it. Going to post a pic here soon. 

Now I'm onto making a mini chandelier. And I will figure it out if it's the  last thing I do!

A Table Top Drawing Board for my new project!

Holy gorgeous!!!!! Mike you have held out on us. Now we know about the drawing/painting talents too!

I think a line is going to form for pieces of art work signed by the venerable MikeUK!!

I'm wildly impressed!