What's everyone working on?

Mike, I get it. Having no inspiration or space to store a new project is like being unemployed for me, also.  I'm currently considering making about ten small one room kits to sell at our local community garage sale in November. Not for profit, but just to keep me busy and at least cover the material costs.  

I'd thought of making a whole load of artists equipment and giving it a try on ebay!.........still lack the confidence though!

LOL! How about a tattoo parlor!?

I had thought about a 'Banana Dealer' Debra.............Had it all planned out too..........until I saw the 'Banana Republic'...........I can't go into competition with guys with swords!

Seriously though! We have a TV program over here called 'Grand Designs'.....It's home building on steroids.......ordinary folk building extraordinary buildings and full of amazing designs!............I fancy doing my own dream home!.........That should keep me off the street corners for the foreseeable future.

It's got to be better than "Oh now you're not working on houses maybe you could paint the bathroom!".........The bathrooms fine it was only done eighteen years ago!

Actually once everything's masked bathrooms aren't that much trouble to paint...  Why do you, with all that talent tingling in your fingertips, have to buy anything in order to make an antique shop?  For pity's sakes, do check out books by Patricia King and Andrea Barham and let's hear no more of this "buy" silliness.

Mike, your ships are awesome. :) And funner than painting bathrooms! I don't see why you wouldn't have confidence to sell on eBay, your items are perfect.

Well, even with a new craft room, I still have not gotten back into mini-ing. :( Not sure what my problem is, unless its just that its downstairs in the other end of the house...

But, I did learn how to make hats this weekend! I got some of those cool round looms, I have a set of straight ones i used to make baby blankets last winter. So far I've made one for Lawson and the grandbaby. And I have a list! At least I'm making something!!

• Like 1

I want to see that Beacon Hill! It's a great house, but looks really difficult to build.

I started an album in my Gallery on it ... here's the front of it. I'm secretly glad the hard part is done.  :D  Not sure how well I would do on a house this big! 

large.New_Arrival_09292015_-_15.jpg.310e

• Like 1

...I'm secretly glad the hard part is done...

For me the hard part would be trying to finish decorating the porch area and installing doors, windows and trim with those porch posts in place!

how did you manage to make a new album????? Ive looked everywhere???

still no mini work done my nutti...other crafting endeavors have my attention at the moment!

well, this is one way I tried

go to gallery, choose memebers gallery, click on add image, choose an image/imagew  you want to add and do that, after that you will get an option of creating a new album.

I added a pic in my album of how it looks like when you are at that step.

hugs

Edited by Anna
Adding info

For me the hard part would be trying to finish decorating the porch area and installing doors, windows and trim with those porch posts in place!

Well, the hardest part might be digging through the big box of parts and figuring out what goes where!  Did you have to mention those porch posts?  I hadn't thought about that yet!  :doh:

There is a square of tapewire, with two holes for pluggins, on the kitchen floor, and I have no idea what was planned for that spot. A stove?

Or a 'frig light? Maybe a table/island/shelf was planned for there with a lamp or candle on it? If it is near a window sill maybe a Christmas light in the window? A red light notice? 

• Like 1

Given the support you've all given I thought I'd better let you know I found out a couple of hours ago that my recent bit of surgery looks like a winner......for the first time in a while it looks good! Oh and to comply with the spirit of this thread........I've finished what I was working on!

Thanks all for what you are!

IMG_2449.jpg

Given the support you've all given I thought I'd better let you know I found out a couple of hours ago that my recent bit of surgery looks like a winner......for the first time in a while it looks good! Oh and to comply with the spirit of this thread........I've finished what I was working on!

Thanks all for what you are!

Mike, that is the BEST news!! I am so proud for you and your loved ones. 

Congratulations, Mike! {{hug}} 

I had my semi-annual physical this AM and for the first time since I stopped taking the slow release niacin (side effects were unbearable and after two years I had to stop) my cholesterol is down to within normal parameters and for the first time ever my triglycerides are also down to normal! (happy dance)  This the result of adding omega3 caplets.  Next up are in order, bone density scan and ophthalmology consult.  Hurrah for healthy, working parts!

• Like 4

Since I have been home with fever a couple of days and am starting to feel a bit better I have been fiddling with a strampunk-to-be lady.

need help though to decide upon the basic colour of the hat, so any ideas is much appreciated!

Edited by Anna